Joann.com shipping question

crochetstepmom

If you've ordered from Joann.com, about how long did it take to get your order?

I ordered 11 skeins of yarn from Joann.com on Saturday, and I am certain that it wasn't processed until Monday. Some of the yarn that I ordered is for a Mother's Day gift, so I'll have to start on it as soon as the yarn arrives. (Nothing like waiting until the last minute, right? :D )

I should finish my current project tonight, and I am trying to plan what's next. I have some WIPs I can pull out...but I don't want to get too involved in another project if the yarn will be here very quickly. If it won't be here until next week, I'll get out the bigger project.

Thanks!

I love shopping at JoAnns.com but it takes way to long to get it in my opinion. It is the processing. It takes like 3-4 working days to process before they ship out. Everything else is great like free shipping over $25 bucks and they give you tracking numbers once it has been processed. But you have to have very good patience to wait for your yarn. :lol

Must be a mixed bag on delivery. I got my stuff pretty quick. Seems I ordered on a weekend and it was here by mid-weekish (Wed/Thurs). Anymore I'm not sure there's really any way to know for sure when stuff will come. Hope you'll post a pic of your Mom's Day present!

Thanks! I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I really hope that it isn't terribly long...I'm pretty sure that I can finish my mom's gift in 2 weeks, but I may have waited too long. :think

Oh, well, she knows that I am not very organized at times. :D

My last order took exactly 1 week.

It's no wonder they are swamped with orders. They put the Caron 1 Pounders on such a good sale, and if people get enough to get the free shipping, that's a lot of work for them to do.

I ordered on the 17th and it still says it is in process.

I am pretty sure, too, that the caron pounder sale with free shipping swamped them.

Usually its 3-4 days before shipping, this is much longer than Ive had before.

They use DHL now too, which I am not happy with their service either.

Hugs

Kath

I'm glad I checked here. I was beginning to get concerned. I ordered on the 16th, and they haven't shipped my package yet.

I do think they should take down the 24-48 hour processing time though. Especially if they aren't going to do it.

I suppose that they just got swamped because of the great prices . I may have ordered at a good time too. I received an email that my order was shipped yesterday and the expected delivery date is tomorrow. I'm pretty happy with that. So, to order on Saturday and the order to arrive on Friday is ok by me. Even if it comes Monday, I'll still be pleased.

Thanks for all of the responses. It's quite helpful to hear about everyone's experiences.

I got my confirmation email also. I order last Wed and it should've been delivered next Mon. I had to call DHL and have them hold it since we won't be home by Mon.

I was happy with a week and a half. I don't order much online so I don't know how it's really supposed to work.

wow all these reponses amaze me. i placed an order last saturday, the 19th i think and i just recieved confirmation this am that it was shipped on the 23rd. i wonder why some peoples get processed alot faster than others. i am not complaining just curious.:think

I placed my order for 10 skeins on 4/13, it shipped on 4/16, and arrived on 4/21. I wish it was faster :D but I suppose I can't complain. Everyone here was saying how fast Knitting-Warehouse was to ship but that didn't happen to me. It took over 2 weeks for me to get my package from them. Everything I ordered was in stock. It came from Calif. to Rhode Island via ground shipment and that took a week but it also took them more than a week just to box it up in the first place. Still, their prices are very good! I just have to plan ahead.

The last order I placed was on a Friday and I received the package the following Wednesday. I don't ever count Sat and Sun when considering delivery times so I think that was really fast.

Besides being inundated with orders, maybe it depends on where you live?

~ Debby

I have always had good luck when ordering from JoAnn's. Usually 3-5 days is the wait.

I would definately work on smaller projects until it comes. I hope it arrives quickly for you.

And if you don't get the project done by Mom's day, just tell her that you are working on it and it is sure to be a special gift. Moms go for that.

:manyheart

Jo-Ann has always been pretty fast for me. The only shipping method available to me is USPS. NO UPS, DHL or FedEx here. Unless there is a back order my order generally gets shipped out within a day or 2. My last order was here 5 days after I placed it!

Sheryl

Just a quick update...the package arrived in Memphis last night and in Nashville this morning. It should be here today. My stepson doesn't have school today, so I told him to be on the lookout for it.

I am pretty excited. :cheer Now I have to start on the gifts for my mom and mother-in-law.

Wow, I guess I just thought others would have the same long wait that I did--12 business days to get here.

The 12 business days was just the shipping part. It took them 5 business days to just process the order.

I had a nearly 3 week wait for 3 skeins of yarn and a book. Rather ridiculous if you ask me, but I know I'm impatient!

Schmetterling,

I don't think you were impatient at all! I think that 12 days is ridiculous too!!! I would have trouble ordering again from a company that took 12 days to get a small order to me. I might have understood if it was a very large order...or if during the holidays or something. Did they communicate with you and let you know what was going on with the order?:hug

No, no warning or updates at all! It would take on heckuva sale to get me to order again. What made it worse was I went to my local Michael's the day after, they had Sugar N Cream cotton yarn on sale for 1.19. I paid more than that at JoAnn's and that was a sale price.

Ah well. I can't order anything for a long time anyway. I have got to make a dent in this stash! :eek:crocheting :crocheting

Archived