Joann.com shipping question

crochetstepmom

I ordered 8 of the caron one pound skeins on 16th,today is 25th and there is no sight of my yarn....!!! :-( I was so excited when I ordered this yarn now all my enthusiasm for making my afghan is lost....!!

Was wondering if it takes the same amount of time for others ordering online from CA ?

-Jyothi

Well, I just checked the website, and it shows that my order was delivered about 1/2 an hour ago. I am shocked about the experiences that some of you have reported. I don't know if they have other distribution centers or not...mine came from Michigan. I think that I would be quite upset if my order took forever.

I actually had an interesting experience with them with my most recent order. I ordered on the 18th. The order actually arrived yesterday (the 24th). Then, today (the 25th), I got a confirmation email telling me that my order had shipped on the 24th. hmmm... it seemed a bit odd, but at least I got my order. It would have been worse to be waiting and waiting with no yarn in sight.

That's what I was thinking ~ they might have more than one center or warehouse they are shipping from, and the P.O. divides the US into how many zones? I don't remember. 8 maybe. It depends on what zones your order is going between. Even the size, shape and weight of your package can determine whether your package goes in this load or that load.

• 1 month later...

Oh, yes, whenever I order from Joann.com, I wait for sales and/or their free shipping offers, and I only order something I don't mind waiting for ages to get.

• 3 weeks later...

Thankfully after 3 orders in a calendar year you get free shipping until 12/31/08. For me that makes it worth the 2-3 week wait I always have.

I had to send back a bunch of skeins this week and hopefully they process the return faster than they ship products.

Archived