G'day from Australia

AngrySnail

Hello!!

Just thought I'd say hi and hello. I've just started crocheting this year, but has picked it up pretty fast and am going great guns. :cheer

As the thread title says, I am 23yo chickadee from Queensland Australia.

Because I am 23, and no-one close to me crochets (except my Mother in law), and no-one wants to hear about it really, I thought I'd join and have somewhere to have a good old chinwag about my new addiction.

I've looked over the forums, and this looks like a faaaantastic place. Can't wait to get involved.

Thanks, and hope to see more of you all soon!

:manyheart Belinda.

G'day cobber, how'r ya goin!

Thought I would throw in some Strine for you from a NewZillender. Fush n chups and all that.

Do we really talk like that? I dont think so!

Welcome in. I have not been here long either but have ben crocheting for more than 55 years.

I love to help people solve their knitting and crochet problems, so feel free to ask.

I owned a wool shop for many years and knitted and crocheted for customers. When we first started, we never admitted there was anything we did not know and sometimes had to do some quick thinking to work out how to make something. Never did have to admit defeat.

:hug By we, I mean my mum and me. Mum is now in a resthome and no longer able to do any hand work but was crocheting until about a year ago. She is 89.:hug

Enjoy your crocheting.

Colleen

Welcome Belinda!!! :clap Waving from Sydney:clap I'm Bec. Glad you could join us!! I'm also a young-ish crocheter who does not have anyone here close to me that crochets. That's why I joined up at C'ville!! Lots of great ideas and encouragement here!

Looking forward to seeing your creations!!

Cheers,

Bec :hook

:welcome :welcome :welcome :welcome from washington state. you are going to love it here. we have all ages of people and all walks of life. is a super nice place. with great people. can't wait to hear more from you. take care:hug vicki

Welcome to crochetville! Greetings from the Philippines.

Where in Queensland are you? I've been to Cairns and and the Great Barrier. I had a great trip and stay there. I hope I can go back there one day.

Hi and :welcome from Northeast Ohio! You'll love it here! Looking forward to those "chinwags"!!

Because I am 23, and no-one close to me crochets (except my Mother in law), and no-one wants to hear about it really, I thought I'd join and have somewhere to have a good old chinwag about my new addiction.

That's exactly why I joined!

:welcometo Crochetville, glad to have you here!

Wow, thats everyone for the wonderful welcome!!

I actually live in the gold coast (in QLD of course) which is where all the good beaches are here in aus. Nice to know there are some other oceania crocheters in here!!

I was suprised when I joined cause a lot of the blogs I have been reading and making patterns from are from girls in here!!! Its like... oh no.. I cant post my projects now.. cause its theirs!!

AHAHAH I'm a doofus

Belinda.

I lived in Sydney from the Winter of 1985- Spring 1987! You have such FABULOUS wool over there! I have a bit of lovely pink Morino (sp) Pingouin left over from a baby sweater that I knit when I was there. Seems more people are knitting today than crocheting -- but I'm better at crochet (if I do say so myself!:lol ) (Which really means my knitting is NOT all that grand!:( )

Archived