April Charity Square-A-Long (April 18-21)

LavenderBear

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! You guys are motivating me - - - yeaaaaaaaaah!! :cheer

I have made another 20 squares, but now the grandbabies are awake, which makes it story and snack time! :manyheart

BBL! Keep up the GREAT work!! :yay

Well, I've only gotten one square done today, and that will be my total, as hubby and I are about to go to dinner in about a half hour.

This man I married is too much sometimes! I certainly didn't marry for money, but what he lacks in a bank statement he really makes up for in knowing me and loving me. about 8 years ago I moved back north after nearly 5 years in Floruda, and my -ex gave away my prized possession, a beautiful wooden Clarinet. I don't talk much about it, I'm not a professional musician or anything, but I really enjoyed being in band in school, and drew my identity form that activity at the time. As my children are growing I make comments sometimes about wanting them to learn an instrument and how I would love to teach at least 1 of them their first lessons in playing the clarinet. Something sentimental and sappy really, they can play whatever instrument they want, I just want music in their life. Anyway, my husband bought me a Clarinet for our anniversary. It's used, the exact type as my FIRST clarinet nearly 20 years ago, and I think it's PERFECT!!! :manyheart I can pick it up and play it now and then as I fancy, and I can teach my children the basics and see if it grabs their interest. Maybe one day they'll be so into it that we'll have a wooden clarinet around again. I was so moved by the whole thing, that he put REAL THOUGHT into a gift that would touch my heart, and really say something about how he regards me, and loves me. :c9 So, now we're going to send our kids off to my sister and head to dinner and a movie.

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL evening, and I'll "see" you tomorrow.

Ada - Wow, what a sweet thoughtful thing for you husband to do!

You all are crocheting away while 2kute and I are suffering. I got a terrible shoulder pain on Friday and just when I was sure it was going to fall off of my body my massage therapist arrived! She had changed days this week and I had forgotten about it. She worked me over good, but when I got up Sat. morning I still had pain and a headache. My therapist is also my DH's 2nd cousin and she spent the night with us because it was too late for her to drive the almost 2 hrs. home. So, she did some hand massage and got rid of my headache. The weather was in the 80's and I HAD to get some gardening done. Long story short - I only have 6 squares made so far.

Hope to get some more done, but now I have something wrong with my eye.

Seem doomed this weekend!

Hello! I didn't get a chance to pop on here last night to give my 27 square total (103 so far) for yesterday. I am sharing my laptop with several of my family members with the grandbabies being in, but that's okay! ;)

We have a baby shower planning meeting today, and I have more homework after family goes home, so I'm not sure how many squares I'll get done today. BUT, I am very close to my goal (110) squares, so I'm not fussing about it! Besides, family comes first, and we still have tomorrow too! :cheer

Ada, what a sweet present from your honey! And to those of you who aren't feeling well (WOW - I need a massage therapist - send her my way, please!), I'll be praying that you feel MUCH better today and have a WONDERFUL SONday! :yay

Ok, it's time to jump into the shower before the bathroom traffic grows! I'll be back tonight and let you guys know if I get any squares done then! :yes Keep up the GREAT work!! :clap

Good morning ladies, just wanted to say hi before I start my crocheting day. I only have a small bit of things to do around the house today, so the flow of the day might be.... do a daisy, clean for 15 minutes, do a daisy clean for 15 minutes.... that way I think I'll get the house clean and hammer out a handful of daisy squares.

Could anyone spare a minute and give me some links to some square patterns?

I am bored with what I have. I know somewhere there were probably links posted, but I don't want to take the time to look for them.

Maybe we should have a section of links for those of us who have never done this before? It would be handy to have 1 place to look for patterns to use to make squares.

Could anyone spare a minute and give me some links to some square patterns?

I am bored with what I have. I know somewhere there were probably links posted, but I don't want to take the time to look for them.

Maybe we should have a section of links for those of us who have never done this before? It would be handy to have 1 place to look for patterns to use to make squares.

Have you tried crochet pattern central, they have loads of square patterns

Just checking in, with two Detroit Red Wings games this weekend to watch, I've got 20 squares done (think they're about 7 inch ones), and 3 rows of 5 put together so far.

By the way, Red Wings won the series !!! We are through the first round of the playoffs!

***deb***

I like Dayna's too they are some great squares!

I'm still at 2 with my 3rd snuggle almost done. Hopefully I'll get to sit down and work on it today and then tomorrow do some 8 inch squares.

I have 2 square done now, ran out of cream, but managed to use another one very close to the shade I was using.

Not sure How many more I will get done as I have a bit of a busy day ahead, but will try and do a few more.

2kute: Hugs!! Feel better soon! and don't worry about the snails place, just think that every square you make will provide comfort to someone else! no matter how many you do you are making a difference!

4 yesterday, started a fifth last night but fell asleep with it half done...

Gotta get to work more hooking later

I am in a lot of pain today too. It's a full blown relapse of my fibro :(

But I am trying to plug along and make a granny daughter or a square in between naps.

Archived