April Charity Square-A-Long (April 18-21)

LavenderBear

:manyheartHello! We will be starting our next Charity Square-A-Long Friday morning (18th) and going through Monday night (21st)! The rules are SUPER easy for those of you who haven't joined us yet . . .

1) Make charity squares in any colors and sizes! :hook

2) Give your squares to any charity you'd like! (You can keep them to make charity items as well!) :hook

3) Post your total ASAP after the round is over! :hook

4) And, most importantly, HAVE FUN!! :hook

Come join us! :yay:cheer:yay

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in it again. It's really great to keep me accountable to making those squares. I have committed to making 100 squares for PRR. I've now made 43 thanks to this and other Square alongs....

Having a wonderful time....

Hey Everyone!

I'd like to join in here for this weekend too! I was also informed by KellyA that sometimes you all don't have a specific charity to donate your squares to, if any of you are looking for a place I am collecting 8 or 12 inch squares to make comfortghans for the elderly and abused children through Northeast Health. You can see more detail under the comfortghan link in the crochet for charity or just PM me if any of you are interested!:hook:manyheart

Oh just the cal I need, have decided to do some more pet blankets for the PDSA, I have 2 squares already made and need another 7 to make a blanket.

Gonna try and do 1 blanket a month untill Dec and then give them to them just b4 xmas along with some other gifts.

Oh just the cal I need, have decided to do some more pet blankets for the PDSA, I have 2 squares already made and need another 7 to make a blanket.

Gonna try and do 1 blanket a month untill Dec and then give them to them just b4 xmas along with some other gifts.

I make blankets for the local humane society also. I wanna get some done to deliver beggining of Dec. The adoption rate goes up around Christmas.

I make blankets for the local humane society also. I wanna get some done to deliver beggining of Dec. The adoption rate goes up around Christmas.

How big do you make yours, Iam doing mine 3X3 6" squares with a few rounds of sc border?

Do you think they are big enough?

How big do you make yours, Iam doing mine 3X3 6" squares with a few rounds of sc border?

Do you think they are big enough?

I vary on the sizes.

20 x 20

24 x 24

30 x 30

36 x 36

the lady at the humane society wanted like that. They use the smaller ones for kitties.

I make them mostly ripple. Right now I have 2 ready and 2 on the works.

3 are ripples and one is a RR.

Hello, everyone! We are less than 24 hours away from beginning this round . . . ARE YOU READY??!! :yes:cheer:yay

I'll be making small squares this time around (just 2 rounds each), and they will be donated to make shawls for Pine Ridge! I can't wait to get started and have TONS of homework to work on in between! :hook

"SEE" you tomorrow, right here! :manyheart

I'm going to be doing Daisy Squares this time around, they are 8", I'll be sending them to Krystal next Friday when I have errand day again, I made a committment to myself in my New Years resolution to make 48 daisy squares this year for Krystal, I'm hoping to get 15 done this weekend :crocheting

I'm in. Have to decide what kind of squares I'll make. I'll go look in my stash and see if I have a stack started. Otherwise, I'll just make squares either for a lapghan or a baby afghan or a snuggly.

***deb***

I may end up making mostly 18 X18 or so squares for the animal snuggles in the charity blitz. Then maybe in between I'll do a few squares for the lapghan.

Hello! I've ran the vacuum, picked up the living room, moved all of my college "stuff" into my office, made my bed, ate breakfast, enjoyed 1.5 cups of tea, and am about to begin my squares! I'm going to make 10, study a chapter for an upcoming exam, make 10 more, study another chapter, and so on! With PLENTY of homework and the grandkiddos coming in for the weekend, I need to get as much done today as possible! :yay

Ok, off I go!! I'll report back after each 10 and see who else has joined us and who has gotten started! BBL! :cheer

I'm going to get a late start this evening. Too much to do outside today - have to get peas in the garden, etc...

Have pain in my neck & shoulders today, hoping it goes away by this evening.

Happy hooking everyone!!!

Good morning, I've wrangled the kids, got them fed and sent my hubby out on errands with two of the girls, the one girl that is here is sick, which means that I can't go much further than the couch today... oh well, guess I'll just have to crank out some squares :cheer I'll report back later.... good morning all :crocheting

2kute has twisted my arm to join all of you for this weekend blitz!!

I'm in and already have a comforghan almost done!!

Lauren :hook

2kute has twisted my arm to join all of you for this weekend blitz!!

I'm in and already have a comforghan almost done!!

Lauren :hook

hey, the more the merrier. It's fun around here. :D

Archived