April Charity Square-A-Long (April 18-21)

LavenderBear

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning all! Hubby's off to work, laundry started, and I've got my yarn and hook ready to go. Hope to get 3 or 4 done today, then tomorrow will be my big day. We visit my MIL in the nursing home on Saturdays and I always take my crocheting and crochet on the way there and the way home (no, I won't be driving, lol). Will try and post with a total so far when I get home from there.

Hello again! I have completed my first 10 squares and studied my first (of six) chapters for an upcoming exam! Now I'm going to take a break and then start "round 2," making another 10 squares and studying chapter 2!

Keep up the GREAT work everyone!! :cheer:hug:cheer

20 squares done already??? That's it you must be part Kryptonian... only someone enhanced by our yellow sun could crochet that fast..

Representing us earthlings I have 3 squares done so far this morning, have to spend time with hubby now before he goes to work, and I'll get more done this evening.

Have 3 sqaures done and almost finished the 4th, will start another one and might get to do some at work later.

I only needed 7 to complete the pet blanket, but if I do any more it will be a start on the next one.

Okay, I won't be back until later tonight, but I have 20 more squares made and 2 more chapters reviewed! So, I have 40 squares so far, but I'm now taking another break . . . this time to get out in the sunshine and the temp of 76 here in Metro Detroit, which will be our high for the year!

SQUARES! SQUARES! SQUARES! We are making our squares!!!! Gooooo Teeeaaammm! :cheer:cheer

P.S. I am an earthling (although my hubby may disagree - LOL), but I have an advantage of making small squares this round, which is why mine are adding up so quickly! ;)

Well glad to know you are an earthling Lavendar, :rofl

Here is a picture of what I've done so far today, my allergies are killing me, this is our first spring in this house, and there is a tree with blossoms blooming right outside my window, and I'm not sure what kind of tree it is, but I'm pretty sure I'm allergic, because I've never had my seasonal allergies act so mean to me... but my hook is moving, I'm hoping to get another 2 or 3 done tonight once the kids are in bed

th_DSC01091.jpg

I hope Krystal likes them :hook

I'll be doing my first Square CAL this weekend. Is this where I also post my results? Thanks

yes, I post my totals on Tuesday morning after my first couple coffee :lol

2kute - so sorry about that migraine. I get them too. :( Hope yours passes soon. :hug

thanks hun... I took Fioricet then took a nap, 2 hours napping :D

Then I did a few chores around the house and now I am gonna go do my fave thing in the whole wide world :hook:hook:yarn :yarn

Then I did a few chores around the house .....

What are these things..."chores" as you call them :think... I know not of what you speak.....:devil

What are these things..."chores" as you call them :think... I know not of what you speak.....:devil

:rofl

It's a fashion thing. You do them once in a while and then you can forget bout them till you feel like doing them again. :D

It's time for me to sign off for the night, but I thought I would post my daily total before I did, especially since tomorrow will be a BUSY day with taking care of the two grandbabies that came into town tonight! I got 76 squares done for today, and I made some granny's daughters too. I'll add those up at the end of this round and let you know how many I have of those! ;)

WTG all of you who made one or more squares! Remember, even one square is a help toward someone in need! :manyheart

"SEE" you tomorrow, everyone!! BFN! :hook

wow some of you are machines! I wish i didn't have to work all weekend!! Long days too, they are supposed to be only 8 hour shifts, but these nice days a lot of people seem to call out "sick" so I get asked to stay... OH well At least I love my job! and the money is nice too, more yarn that way!!

2Kute: yeah crocheting is a lot more fun... but I lift kayaks all day... its like spending 8 hours at the gym, so when i get home I basically crash, should get better as the season goes on, but this early into it i'm out of shape!! I'll hook at lunch today and then when I get home tonight, whenever that is!! Have a great day everyone!

Good morning ladies!!!! Today is my anniversary so not sure how much crocheting I"ll get done, hubby just left to get us some breakfast so I'm going to get the table set up nicely for when he gets home. I want to get at least 1 square done today, will just depend on if he's sweet and romantic all day, or if we have a "normal" day until we go out tonight, I'm not sure if he's up to anything or not :lol

Rose (2kute),

I'm behind in my e-mail reading, but I see you joined the CFAC group! WELCOME (over there)! :clap

Ada (jaydn05),

Have a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I bet you'll squeeze a few squares in between your celebrating. But if you don't, that's OKAY! ;)

We've got the grandbabies in this weekend and I'm going to try to get more squares done in between playing, eating, changing diapers, baths, etc.! I LOVE it when they are visiting and can't wait until our next grandbaby is born - due August 7th! :manyheart

I'm off to do bath time now! BBL!

Archived