Crochet Hook to Keychain

Doing a search, I found this blog (sorry it's a knitting blog;), but this was neat):

http://www.girlontherocks.com/knit/blog/2007/02/11/keychain-crochet-hook-a-tutorial/

They took Aluminum crochet hook of small size (less than 3 mm)* and cut it, turned the end and made it into a stitch marker or I guess her dropped stitches.

I thought this might be cute for a keychain or pin or charm.

Debbi

:faintSHE CUT A CROCHET HOOK!! :faint

:lol Really, I had seen this before and thought what a cute ideal for a gift, or just a cute way to show everyone that you crochet! I would make them to go on key chains that way you could crochet on the go! :lol:hook

:faintSHE CUT A CROCHET HOOK!! :faint

:lol

Actually if you had an old one, maybe one where it's bent or rubbed off (mine rubb off because of my skin) and it's not useable. Oh and I have one that has cuts in it (don't know who that happened:think) so it snagged the yarn (maybe it was an old one I got at the thrift stores...), anyone way of thsoe would be oky to cut...

:lol Really, I had seen this before and thought what a cute ideal for a gift, or just a cute way to show everyone that you crochet! I would make them to go on key chains that way you could crochet on the go! :lol:hook

I didn't think of that... "crochet on the go".:lol

I should have my boyfriend make me one too! He is always looking for excuses to use tools. He made me a key chain out of an old computer processor chip before. I love unique key chains.

I just dug through my hook drawer. I no longer use aluminum hooks..have converted to clover soft touch and crochetlite due to handle issues I found four small hooksn ad two H . I am going to see what i can do. what great gifts for the crocheter in your life or to include as an extra in a swap package. Thanks for the link.

How small do they make aluminum hooks? Could you maybe get one small enough to make into a charm for a necklace or something? Just an idea. I Love the keychain idea!

How small do they make aluminum hooks? Could you maybe get one small enough to make into a charm for a necklace or something? Just an idea. I Love the keychain idea!

You could always try one of the thread hooks. Something like a D or C could work too, they are small but not too tiny.

I'm surprised a company has not come up with a folding crochet hook (like a folding pocket knife.) Seems like it would be easy to do. They could even make it lock open like pocket knives do. That way it would be long enough to use comfortably yet compact enough for easy travel. The tough part would be figuring a way to keep the joint from snagging the yarn. HHHHHMMMMM.........

Oh yea I remember reading those links where you could buy one.

I like the idea of making one too, epsecially if you can't use it anymore and then you have special memories of it... I bet you could even paint the hook if you wanted, to match something.

I love the idea of a folding one to take with you! That would be perfect. Put it with folding scissors and a needle case and have them all on your keychain. Never have to worry (except to have yarn--which for me is easier to find then sometimes the hook I'm using for a project:angry).

Debbi

My hubby did 2 for me. One for my mom, the other for me. Mine is an H and I used a thread B hook for my Mom. I love them!! I have it on my keychain and I even tried crocheting with it. I could! I looked at the links for the charms and I might have to order one of those too! :hook

Archived