Have you seen this stitch?

I just stumbled on it at Crochet Memories.

(Scroll until you see the Circle Shell Stitch) about 6 stitches down the page)

http://www.crochetmemories.com/crochet4.php

It looks like a wheel incorporated into rows (by doing each shell row twice)

I just tried a small attempt but I'm not sure how to use it. The bottom half of my wheels are "flap like".

Just wondering if anyone has tried this one in a project? It is very creative!

That is very cool! I haven't tried that but you can bet your sweet bippy I will find a way to hehe.

Thank you very much for sharing. Added the page to my favorites!

:ty

T-

I've not TRIED doing it before, but have seen it used, sort of. I inherited a stash that had a partial afghan in it and im figuiring that's the stitch. was 2 colors w/ 1 row (1/2 the wheel) in like a dark green and the next row (other half of wheel) in a light green. Was a nice effect.

Sandy

I'm glad that I posted the site for those of you who had not seen it before. I thought the stitch was quite creative & I have never seen it before. Hopefully I can use it sometime in a small project & see how it looks. I only made a little swatch of it with 2 wheels to see how it "worked" up.

I saw a stitch similar to this one in a magazine recently (although I can't remember which one). It was crocheted in between rows of green yarn to represent a row of flowers, it was so pretty, the whole afghan alternated with rows of flowers. Oh I wish I could remember where I saw it!!!!!!

I've used it before...on a scarf that I gave away long before I ever had a digital camera, so I have no pictures of it. It's in my stitch encyclopedia that I have wandering around somewhere. I'd have to dig out my encyclopedia to remember exactly how to do the stitch (or look at that site)

i was over at cpc, and found a link to a pattern at Lion's Brand that uses this stitch in an afghan. This is along the lines of what I was trying to explain about using it in different colored rows. (I was wrong w/ it just being 1 row a color, its 2 for the wheel affect. :) )

Here's the link :) <<http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/colorfulwheels.html >>

Sandy

WOW I like that One!my mother was making a afghan and then she got more forgetiful and forgot how to do the stitch in it.. It some kind of chicken feet looking stitch ahhaahaha

But just keep the little bit she had done for a memory now.maybe one day it will show up what kind of stitch it is!

Archived