(no longer) Have a need............ It's DONE

teakaycee

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must have been meant to help fullfill this request. I went hunting through my stash to find the yarns I was going to use and pulled a bag out. Hmm, what's in this bag? Oh, I have some previous yarn and, what's this? My missing I hook! That I could have sworn I've used since it went into that bag with yarn.

I did that same way with my H hooks a couple of months back! I keep asking my hubby what he did with it:think cause he know to GET HAND OFF!! of the HOOKS:rofl:rofl and then of course i found it. but never did tell hubby :2nono not me!!

hugs,

sissie

:eekI continue to be in awe of you wonderful ladies!!!!

My daughter said.... "mom... what happens if you get too many squares?" I said.... "Too many?..... are you kidding... there is always room for a square made from love." I will double side the blanket if I have to... Make her a matching pilllow or two... I will just keep creating until I run out of squares.

I'm so excited about all the squares that will be coming in!!!!! I cant wait to see them. My mom is going to be so surprised!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!:hug:manyheart:hug

quick answers to some questions....

square size: 8"

colors: earth tones if possible.. but will take whatever comes!!!!

time limit: I was thinking of getting it made for Mother's Day. But if not... whenever!!!

I am just so darn thrilled to be being able to bless my mom like this... that I dont want anyone to feel under pressure over this. Whatever I get... Whenever I get it is good for me! God is watching over this. It all works out just right when He's in control!

:mug

I lost my german shepard 4 years ago and have never gotten over losing her. I certainly understand your mom's loss. Give her a :hugfrom me and send me your addy and I'll send you a couple of squares. I'll make them up right now.

Our beloved pet "Lightning" (a husky) died within days of my dad's death. It was a surreal experience for us (He was an outside dog and finding him after my dad died was traumatic). I'll gladly contribute some squares. If you have an idea how many you need (I can make one or more) I'd be thrilled to help. PM me an addy. I'll make what I can.

Joyce

I lost my dog when I was 18. I had to put him down as the epilepsy drove him nuts & was so mean. No meds would help him. Then a few years ago I lost my kitty I had since my 8 year old was born. He was 8 when he died as he was 2 or so when I got him. I will send you at the very least 1, but if I get going there will be more. :D Please pm me your address.

You all are amazing!

My heart just goes out to you all with your loss of your furry friends... I both understand that kind of feeling ... and the feeling of knowing the day will come for the furry friends we still have with us to go.

They are so loving ... and faithful to us humans.

My mom is just so lost now... it was hard enough losing daddy... but the only company she had was "Jakie" and he loved daddy so much... so there was really a sense of them holding on to each other because they both missed daddy.

I really hope you all understand just how grateful I am for this help to make my mom her Confortghan! I'm not usually the one asking... I'm the one giving. Its a new humbling experience for me!

God sure picked the perfect bunch of Angels for me!

:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug

Two packages came in the mail today....................

Rusty.... :hug

Brenda....:hug

:tyboth so very much. The squares are perfect... and just as lovely as they can be!!!!!!!!

God Bless you both!:manyheart

I will get to the PO today or tomarrow - I'm leaving tomarrow afternoon until wednesday. I'm going to get the square out before I leave.

I know you said your mom loves daffodils - i hope a yellow rose will be ok.

Tam, I sent you a PM. My two squares got to the post office yesterday after work. Am I the only one who didn't know the post office now has self serve postage machines? It would have saved some crabbiness on my part since the first two I went to closed at 4! Since when do they close at 4? :think The one that is by my house closes at 5 and I got there at 5:03. But they have these cool machines now! So it's on the way.

Another discovery while fulfilling your request: The bag I found my I hook in also had a square that I had done previously. I remember liking the pattern and thinking it's the perfect pattern to get rid of excess yarn. It works up very quickly and is very easy to use multiple colors on. But danged if I could find the pattern itself :think I hunted high and low for that thing. But nope, didn't find it. I did find another one I had done in Caron SS. So I reverse-engineered the pattern while taking apart the SS one (so I could see number of chain spaces :lol ). I now have the pattern again, and I was even able to make a square for you using that pattern.

Mine went out this morning with my hubby. He chuckled and told me I should have had them done sooner because he just drove past the town you live in yesterday! LOL He does outside sales, and travels all over. Too funny I thought.

On a sadder note, as he was taking them to his truck to mail, he noticed something in the road and sadly my chocolate lab Elliott was hit and killed by a car last night. I have been bawling all day, but have a silver lining knowing I sent these to your mom the day Elliott died. :hug

Heather

oh heather I am so sorry to hear about your Lab:cry:cry

I t is a sad world we live in when someone can just drive off without even stopping to let you know!

My heart goes out to you

:hug

sissie

Tam, I sent you a PM. My two squares got to the post office yesterday after work. Am I the only one who didn't know the post office now has self serve postage machines? It would have saved some crabbiness on my part since the first two I went to closed at 4! Since when do they close at 4? :think The one that is by my house closes at 5 and I got there at 5:03. But they have these cool machines now! So it's on the way.

Another discovery while fulfilling your request: The bag I found my I hook in also had a square that I had done previously. I remember liking the pattern and thinking it's the perfect pattern to get rid of excess yarn. It works up very quickly and is very easy to use multiple colors on. But danged if I could find the pattern itself :think I hunted high and low for that thing. But nope, didn't find it. I did find another one I had done in Caron SS. So I reverse-engineered the pattern while taking apart the SS one (so I could see number of chain spaces :lol ). I now have the pattern again, and I was even able to make a square for you using that pattern.

I know about the machines but darn if i can figure out how to use them :think:lol

so share your pattern!! if it is so good that you had to reverse one I want to see it :lol

hugs,

sissie

:yay Squares are packaged and are going out in the morning :hug

OK, I got a box of squares in the mail from Scooby for my project (in my sig), and let me just tell you, she's a freaking rockstar. They're GORGEOUS. :cheer Get ready to be blown away!

I will get to the PO today or tomarrow - I'm leaving tomarrow afternoon until wednesday. I'm going to get the square out before I leave.

I know you said your mom loves daffodils - i hope a yellow rose will be ok.

Thank you so much sweetie! I'm so excited... and yes... a yellow rose will be WONDERFUL!!!!:manyheart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my goodness.................. I cant wait to see this square... to go to all that trouble.... Oh My!!! Thank you!!!:manyheart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just mailed mine out this a.m.!!

Thank you.... I'll watch for it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mine went out this morning with my hubby. He chuckled and told me I should have had them done sooner because he just drove past the town you live in yesterday! LOL He does outside sales, and travels all over. Too funny I thought.

On a sadder note, as he was taking them to his truck to mail, he noticed something in the road and sadly my chocolate lab Elliott was hit and killed by a car last night. I have been bawling all day, but have a silver lining knowing I sent these to your mom the day Elliott died. :hug

Heather

Oh................ sweetie:hug

Huge Hugs .... Lots of love .... and Prayers of Comfort to you!!!!

Bless your heart!!!!

I will watch for your package........... oh... how special yours will be!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tam I forgot to let you know that i sent out a couple of squares to you on the 25th.

let me know if you need anymore

:hug

sissie

Thank you.... thank you.. thank you!

This is so wonderful!!! I'll keep an eye out for your package!

:hug:manyheart

God Bless you all :ty

Eneida......... :ty

I received your squares today... and OMGoodness are they beautiful!!!! JUST LOVE THEM! :hug Thank you so much!!!!

I've got to ask - how do you get so many quotes in your post?!?!?

Okay hon............

you see the box with the " marks and a + sign?

click that box on each post you want to include in your post.

It will then just add all the post quotes to your one post.

okay... could I have said "post" just one more time in this post... *whew* hehehhehee

Archived