(no longer) Have a need............ It's DONE

teakaycee

I have struggled with this all day. I want to ask for squares... but kept myself from doing it. I felt as being so new.. it wasnt right. Then I felt... well.. I'm capable of doing this myself. And of course felt that with everyone always seeming to be creating a square for someone... it was too much to ask.

But I have to tell you .... I think the Good Lord has shared with me ... thats its okay to ask. The worst that happens is nothing and I'm no worse off... but the good thing that could happen is that I get my need filled.

Okay ... here goes... 3 yrs ago this Father's Day.. my daddy passed away. Well... thats not what has brought on the need .. really. Today I got a call from my mom. Her buddy Jakie ( Rat Terrier Dog) Died on the way to the vet as she was taking him because he was just not acting right. This has come as a total shock to the family and has just devastated my mom. She was alone as it was with Daddy gone.. but now she doesnt even have her baby to hug on.

I want so bad to make her a Comfortghan... and I could do the whole thing myself... but I guess I feel it would be really special if she knew others (strangers) helped create it ..... and ..... well...... I guess I made my need known.

My mom will find out tomorrow what caused Jakie to suddenly have problems. And then will have him cremated and sat next to her other puppy that passed away a year before daddy did.

I would like to collect

8" squares

Any color is fine

:hugThank you all for taking time to read this... and thank you to anyone that is willing to help me.

My heart is just sick for my mom.:worried

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand the loss and grief from losing a beloved pet. I lost my cat when I was 17, a cat that had been my "best friend" growing up. I was devastated. :cry

I'll be glad to make a square or 2 for your mom. :manyheart Does she have a favorite color? Please PM me with the color preference and mailing address.

Please pm me your addy i will send a you 2 sqaures

I am so sorry for your mom's loss....Having a pet i can only imagine how she must feel. I dread the day this happens to us.

Ohhhh my dear I'm so sorry for your mom.... I really feel for her at this time...

Listen pm me your address and I will get a couple of squares made and send them to you.

Let me tell you this Ville group of ladies and gents Rocks... They are the best..

My heart goes out for your mom as I know what it feels to loose a pet.:cry I lost my beloved golden retriever almost 2 years ago!! I still can not accept it!! and miss him!! I would love to send 2 squares , so send me your address.. :hug

I understand where you're coming from. My Mom's been alone since I moved over 1,000 miles away and her Boston Terrier is 15 yrs old (which is ancient for Bostons). I'm dreading the day that phone call comes in.

What color scheme would you like to use?

What size would you like to make it?

I'll send a square too. I've gone through losing my Cocker Spaniel who was my rock when my parents moved. I know you said any color, but I'm with Croshay, does she have a favorite color? PM me your address and I should be able to get one to you next week.

I type this through tears... you all are so awesome! I know there have been many here that have been touched in some way by the giving hearts of others and now I am experiencing that feeling and I am so overwhelmed!

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart!!!!!:hug

God Bless you all ............ you are angels sent to me to help comfort my mom. God is so Good!!!

to answer a few ???s

I was thinking 8" squares.

And color...... well.......... she is very much into earth tones. She loves the browns... burgundy... greens...blues... that are dusty/mauve tones.

But to be completely honest... I think ANY Colors would be fabulous!!!!

I will be PMing those of you that have asked.

Thank you all soooooooooooo much!!!!!!

I would love to help you out in your time of need! I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers. Lots of love and :hugcoming your way.

Sending you a pm to obtain your address.

I lost my kitties a few years back and I still miss them... Please extend my condolences to your Mom. I'd be happy to make a square or two. <hug> Will PM you for your address.

I hope you still have a spot for one more square.

I have a yorkiepoo that I absolutely love. She's gonna be 7 next month. She has been my baby and kept me company during the hard times I have been thru these past 5 yrs.

So, please reserve a space for at least one more square.

Please PM me your address.

And yes, God is good. :)

pets are a much loved part of my family. my oldest ds lost his life time kitty last year. it broke my heart to see my 6ft tall baby crying for his dad not to take her from him. i will pm for your address.

I have a skin of fall variegated that will go good for this, send me you address and i will get a couple out to you:manyheart

I have not had a puppy since I loss my Dotson (gizmo) years back. It was like losing a child and I have not been able to bring myself to get another one:(

I will remember your mother in my prayers.

:hug

sissie

i know how your momma feels. its been 10 yrs since my daay passed, then about 6 months after that momma had to put her dog down. she also was very lost. i will be haapy to make you some squares. what colors would you like? will pm you my email for your addy ok. give you mom my love and lot of hugs ok. love nana.:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart

I must have been meant to help fullfill this request. I went hunting through my stash to find the yarns I was going to use and pulled a bag out. Hmm, what's in this bag? Oh, I have some previous yarn and, what's this? My missing I hook! That I could have sworn I've used since it went into that bag with yarn.

:manyheartYou all are just unbelievable!!!!

There is just no words to express how I'm feeling right now!

It is amazing that with all the "needs" that are on this board alone... I got the response that I did.

All of the loving stories of lost fur friends and/or the understanding hearts of those that have fur friends .... that would jump to help me comfort my mom... is so heart warming!!!

I'm acutally finding it hard to collect words to express how I'm feeling right now. Which is shocking in itself.

So I will simply say from my heart............

:hugThank you.... and God Bless you!!!!!!

When do you want them by?

I'm sure I can pull off a square or two for you. My Mom lost her buddy, Wally, last year, and I remember how hard she took it. They really do become part of your family!

Sending a PM to get an addy to send them to!

Archived