Summery Swimsuit Hotpad, now with pic!

crochetsal

**Finally, got the camera software installed, just have to find my photo editing stuff...

Thank you to goldenj32w3 who was looking for a swimsuit potholder. She (he?) did manage to come up with an adorable one on their own (look under seeking patterns).

The swimsuit is worked in two pieces, shaped similar to a swimsuit fridgie I offer free: http://www.crochetsal.com/bathingmagnets.html

The hotpad I did using bright orange for the bottom half, bright yellow for the top half and a matching variegated for the 'belt'. For the back, I reversed the yellow and orange. My 10yo thought it looked 'very summery'.

I haven't yet done the dishcloth, but am planning on taking some cotton and hook into work today so I can work on it during my lunch.

This pattern has not been tested, if you find any errors, please let me know, thanks and enjoy!

Please remember copyrights and do not post the pattern on other sites, or in emails, etc. A link here would be fine.

Sally

Swimsuit Hotpad & Dishcloth

Sally Ives/March 2008

QZHVR-swimsuitph.jpg

Materials:

App. 2 ½ oz each of A (yellow), B (orange), app. 1 oz of C (variegated or third colour to match)

Crochet Hooks size F (3.75mm) for hotpad, H (5mm) for dishcloth.

Large eyed needle for weaving in ends.

Notes:

Always turn and ch1 at end of rows. Ch1 does not count as a st.

Dec=draw up a loop in each of next 2 sts [3 loops on hook]. YO, draw through all 3 loops.

To start hotpad:

With smaller hook and A, ch 10.

Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. (9)

Row 2: Sc across.

Row 3-11: 2sc in 1 st, sc across to last, 2sc in last st. (27 at end of row 11)

Row 12-14: Sc across.

Row 15: Dec, sc to last 2 sts, dec. (25)

Row 16&17: Sc across.

Row 18: Repeat row 15. (23) FO.

Join C in first st.

Row 19: Sc in each st across.

Row 20&21: Sc across. FO.

Join B in 1st st.

Row 22: 2sc in 1st st, sc to last, 2sc in last. (25)

Row 23: Sc across.

Row 24: 2sc in 1 st, sc to last, 2sc in last. (27)

Row 25: Sc across.

Row 26: Repeat row 24. (29)

Row 27-29: Sc across.

Row 30-32: Dec, sc to end. (26 at end of row 32)

Row 33: Dec, sc to last 2 sts, dec. (24)

First strap:

Row 34: Dec, sc in 5 sts, dec, TURN. (7)

Row 35: Dec, sc in 3 sts, dec. (5)

Row 36-38: Sc across, FO at end of row 38.

Second strap:

Skip 6 sts of row 33, join B in next st. Follow directions for rows 34-38 of first strap.

Make 2 pieces. You can either make them the same, or switch positions of A & B. Weave in all ends. Hold pieces WS together (whichever side you like best is the RS!), and with C, join yarn in any st at top with a sl st. ch1. Sc evenly around, working through both layers and working extra sts in the corners to help keep the piece flat.

Dishcloth: Follow the pattern for hotpad, using the larger hook.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just wanted to let you know I made the swimsuit fridgie (without magnet) in thread for one of my Christmas tree ornaments! :cheerCame out beautiful! :clapAlso did the mens trunks. Sent some to family members in Jupiter, Florida! They lovingly display them on their tree. I followed the same pattern, just using bedspread weight thread and a size 7 steel hook! I love little things!! (Means I can put a lot more on my tree!)

:cheer I after months of trying to remember my password ...I saw this sweet pattern ...magically it came to me...thank you for sharing this sweet suit ...it reminds of my daughter's toddlerhood...we could not keep her out of the 36 inch diameter wading pool :hug

• 2 weeks later...

This pattern is just so cute. I sort of improvised on one and made it like a two piece suit. Just had to revise the top portion because did not need the straps. Oh well it was fun and I have made a couple already but have to make lots more.

Archived