9" squares needed Update with pics!!

neicy crochets

Hi folks.

I work in a group home for seven mentally/developmentally challenged adults. The youngest is 44 years old, the oldest will be 65 next month. Only two of them have parents still living. Basically, we, the workers, are their families. A few years ago, I crocheted a ripple blanket for the couch in the living room, and every weekend, I watch them "call dibs" on "Neice's Blankie"!

I want to try to put together a lapghan for each of these special people., just something they can cuddle up with either in their beds or on the couch. They love the feel of the other blanket.

I am wondering if any of you would be interested in sending a square or to to help with this, as it will surely be appreciated by these special folks. I am doing some squares right now, mostly with Red Heart yarn ( it's basically all I can get my hands on around here). I have another co-worker who has just started to crochet ( yeah, I'm trying to get someone else addicted- I even clued her in to the 'Ville so she just may be a newbie soon) but the going is slow!

Thanks for reading

If anyone would like to help out, please PM me

Neicy

I finally got to take some photos of the squares I have so far... they are sooo pretty!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/2453173400_e2f3b36cca_m.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2106/2453172432_e86dcbdc53_m.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2105/2452343435_9eb3681c77_m.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2336/2452342447_03e06a4916_m.jpg

Squares received from:

salos

DebinOK

teakaycee

jessicagil

tealady

Pat54

grannytime

smith

texasredhead

crossB4me

pat54 ( second package)

If I have forgotten anyone, I apoligize. My living room is now totally out of control with regards to yarn and squares! My DD is so excited about this, she keeps moving all of my stuff, trying to see all of the squares, as well as the different postmarks on the envelopes! I am currently trying to put the first one together- it's mainly light colored squares, joined with cream with the flat braid joining method. I will post some pics once I get a few completed!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many do you need? When do you need them by? I'm booked for March but I can do something in April/May!!

Thanks, smith, whenever you get a chance. Because I'm trying to do 7 of them, and I wouldn't dare give something to one resident and not the others (they really don't have any concept of "yours will be next"), I know this could take awhile. I'm trying to finish off a few projects myself as it is.

Thanks again

I can do a couple for you. What color do you want? I have a lot of Red Heart Strata in Cherry Berry, which is bright red and purple.

Mary

Sounds good,salos. we have 4 men and 3 women so my plan is to see what I come up with then sort them all into groups according to what colors I have. These will be washed ALOT so as long as the yarn is washable. They will be so happy and proud. Thank you for helping!

Denise

I know what it is like trying to make for all at once! my granddaughter is in a home for autism and I never take her anything that I do not take to the other 6 that are there with her!

I am book for this month but will add you to my list to help out with:) you are wanting 9" squares right? do you know how many you are going to need all together?

PM me your address please

Hugs,

sissie

Denise, my package went off today. It cost less to send to Canada than I thought it would. I wish I could travel with it and visit you and your friends at the home.

Sissie, I hope your granddaughter is doing well. I'm glad you can visit her.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I received 3 beautiful squares from salos. ( I LOVE those colors btw). will start posting a count by next week ( I haven't really counted the ones my DD and I have completed yet)

Thanks salos!

Four squares going in the mail today. I saw this very pretty varigated yarn and decided to use it to make the squares for you. Hope you like the color. Let me know if you need more.

I got 4 squares yesterday from Pat54. Love that color yarn and especially like the pattern of the one with the heart done in popcorn stitch!

Thanks Pat54!

I think I will start posting the tallies in the original post ( If I can do that).

If I get the web cam working right today, I might even be able to post some pics of some of the squares- they are all so beautiful!!:c9:c9:c9:c9

Archived