9" squares needed Update with pics!!

neicy crochets

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

received more squares yesterday from "crossB4me"... thank you so much. I think my co-worker and I are going to try to sort what we have into possible combos for individual blankets on Sunday.

will post pics if we get any accomplished!

Denise

Did my squares ever reach you?

Yes. Sorry i never mentioned it- the package came the week I was away for work, and my DD just put it in my bedroom. I just found it last night. Thank you for your help.!

Yes. Sorry i never mentioned it- the package came the week I was away for work, and my DD just put it in my bedroom. I just found it last night. Thank you for your help.!

You're welcome:) just got a little worried that they were lost. So glad

everything is going well with your project.

These are comfortghans I am putting together for the residents of the group home where I work . Many lovely people have been helping with this so I thought I'd give you a sneek peek!

( Sorry the pics aren't so great- I'm still using a webcam!!!) But will post good pics of them all , with the receipients, once they are all done!

First one completed: It's made with nine 12 " squares, joined in off white!

Second one completed. Made with 24 9" squares, all in earthy colors, joined with off-white

Thanks Everyone

Denise

the afghans are beautiful.do you need more squares?

I'll know for sure by the end of the weekend. It's looking like I'll need some reds and some blacks ( one resident's favorite colors) and possibly some blues, but I plan to lay them out on my floor and see.

Some others from the 'Ville have PM'd me, and stated they will send some so I'm kinda holding off for a bit. My surgery just got postponed for 3 weeks :goodorbad so I have some unexpected time to work on them.

I'll poat here by Sunday to let everyone know how things are going!

Thanks

Denise

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks. Couldn't update on Sunday as I got called in for a 12 hr shift at the group home. I have 3 afghans completed, all washed and line dried ( my clothesline looked soooo pretty- a few of my neighbors even commeted on them!). They are packed away until I can get the others done. Now I have to get to Wal-Mart to pick up some yarn to join a few of the others... My other job has been quite busy the past 2 weeks so time has been working against me. I don't have enough of one color to join them. Now If i can get some paperwork done at home here today, maybe I can slip on over to Wal-Mart afterschool today. Wish me luck!

Denise

• 1 month later...

Denise,

This is/was the first thing I sent to someone in The Village. So neat to see the finished project. :yay You have a great eye for color!

Marzee

Stashbusting: wtd: 0, ytd: -11

• 2 weeks later...
Hi folks.

I work in a group home for seven mentally/developmentally challenged adults. The youngest is 44 years old, the oldest will be 65 next month. Only two of them have parents still living. Basically, we, the workers, are their families. A few years ago, I crocheted a ripple blanket for the couch in the living room, and every weekend, I watch them "call dibs" on "Neice's Blankie"!

I want to try to put together a lapghan for each of these special people., just something they can cuddle up with either in their beds or on the couch. They love the feel of the other blanket.

I am wondering if any of you would be interested in sending a square or to to help with this, as it will surely be appreciated by these special folks. I am doing some squares right now, mostly with Red Heart yarn ( it's basically all I can get my hands on around here). I have another co-worker who has just started to crochet ( yeah, I'm trying to get someone else addicted- I even clued her in to the 'Ville so she just may be a newbie soon) but the going is slow!

Thanks for reading

If anyone would like to help out, please PM me

Neicy

I finally got to take some photos of the squares I have so far... they are sooo pretty!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/2453173400_e2f3b36cca_m.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2106/2453172432_e86dcbdc53_m.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2105/2452343435_9eb3681c77_m.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2336/2452342447_03e06a4916_m.jpg

Squares received from:

salos

DebinOK

teakaycee

jessicagil

tealady

Pat54

grannytime

smith

texasredhead

crossB4me

pat54 ( second package)

If I have forgotten anyone, I apoligize. My living room is now totally out of control with regards to yarn and squares! My DD is so excited about this, she keeps moving all of my stuff, trying to see all of the squares, as well as the different postmarks on the envelopes! I am currently trying to put the first one together- it's mainly light colored squares, joined with cream with the flat braid joining method. I will post some pics once I get a few completed!

***UPDATE***

My surgery is over with ( Had it done on June 25th so had to go a little over a month with NO CROCHETING!!!!:thumbdown) Plus, I went on a vacation to Newfoundland with my daughters and my sister and her daughter for a week.

So once I get everything unpacked, I'm hitting the "Blankies" again. I have 4 completed, with the fifth one just waiting for the last row of edging on it, aand the other two all in order, just waiting to be crocheted together. It looks like I will have some extra squares so I'm thinking I might make a blanket for another man and woman who work with my residents at the Activity Center ( they are also challenged) but live in assisted living apartments. What do you think?

I should be able to post some pics by the end of the week.

Just wanted you all to know that I haven't forgotten about this project. I am aimimg to have them TOTALLY completed in time for our special community Mass for the residents the first Sunday in September!

Denise

Archived