9" squares needed Update with pics!!

neicy crochets

Glad you liked the color Denise. I thought it was such a pretty color. Something new I hadn't seen before. Please let me know if you need more squares. I can certainly do a few more for you. If I can remember what the one with the heart looked like maybe I can make some of those in different colors if you'd like. Just let me know.

Oh you can edit in the first post just by clicking the edit button on the bottom of the first post.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a beautiful dark green ( can you tell I LOVE dark green????) square from jessicagal in the mail yesterday...been working at the Home an awful lot these past few days so I haven't had time to check the mail today but will try to post updates whenever possible. I'm off work tomorrow at 9 am so maybe able to post some pics, if my DD will "loan" me her new digital camera. I'm hoping to sort out my ever-growing pile of squares- I think I just like looking at them all! I'm also just so pleased that there are so many caring individuals out there willing to help!!!!

Good night

I received squares from Eva in PA, grannytime and teaLady yesterday...sorry I never got to post yet-just finished work and was waiting for my DD's digital to post some pics of the squares just to show everyone here the absolutely beautiful and thoughtful work ( and hugs) being sent this way!

When I get the girls settled this evening, I will post! Stay tuned!

Thank you all so much!

My own stash of yarn is dwindling, but my stash of squares is growing. I got some more today from teakaycee... thank you. Please tell your daughter thak you from me. My 10 year old has made a few squares as well, and I haven't checked in with my co-worker lately to see how she's coming along with hers. I'm having my carpal tunnel release surgery on June 4th, so the plan is to have my co-worker work on getting some of these together. And I did spill the beans to the House Supervisor so I could get permission to post some pics of the residents with their own blankets. when I told her what we were doing, and how all these wonderful folks at the "Ville were helping out, she cried!

Thank you all!

Hi folks.

I work in a group home for seven mentally/developmentally challenged adults. The youngest is 44 years old, the oldest will be 65 next month. Only two of them have parents still living. Basically, we, the workers, are their families. A few years ago, I crocheted a ripple blanket for the couch in the living room, and every weekend, I watch them "call dibs" on "Neice's Blankie"!

I want to try to put together a lapghan for each of these special people., just something they can cuddle up with either in their beds or on the couch. They love the feel of the other blanket.

I am wondering if any of you would be interested in sending a square or to to help with this, as it will surely be appreciated by these special folks. I am doing some squares right now, mostly with Red Heart yarn ( it's basically all I can get my hands on around here). I have another co-worker who has just started to crochet ( yeah, I'm trying to get someone else addicted- I even clued her in to the 'Ville so she just may be a newbie soon) but the going is slow!

Thanks for reading

If anyone would like to help out, please PM me

Neicy

I finally got to take some photos of the squares I have so far... they are sooo pretty!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/2453173400_e2f3b36cca_m.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2106/2453172432_e86dcbdc53_m.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2105/2452343435_9eb3681c77_m.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2336/2452342447_03e06a4916_m.jpg

Squares received from:

salos

DebinOK

teakaycee

jessicagil

tealady

Pat54

grannytime

smith

texasredhead

If I have forgotten anyone, I apoligize. My living room is now totally out of control with regards to yarn and squares! My DD is so excited about this, she keeps moving all of my stuff, trying to see all of the squares, as well as the different postmarks on the envelopes! I am currently trying to put the first one together- it's mainly light colored squares, joined with cream with the flat braid joining method. I will post some pics once I get a few completed!

Bumping this so it can get included in New Posts ( I hope that's okay)

Is there a particular pattern everyone is using to make squares or size?

I just took a couple of 8 inch patterns from cpc and used a bigger hook.

Is there a particular pattern everyone is using to make squares or size?

Any pattern will do. You can just send me a PM when you are ready to mail ( I can check up until Sunday morning.) I organized some of the squares yesterday into colors ( I have to go away for work all next week so needed to tidy up the living room before my MIL comes to stay with the girls!) and I could use more browns, blues, and greens, if anyone is interested in sending.

Because of the above mentioned work trip, I won't be able to touch this all week, nor record any squares that might come in. But I will update everyone on the weekend.

Thanks again for all your help, Everyone!:hook:hook:hook

Neicy, do you need light or dark or......................in blue and green. I can make a couple more for you, but just wanted to double check on the color.

Whatever you have in your stash...not light blue though. earthy type of colors I guess. I'm really not good at asking for things- just the fact that you are all so helpful and giving has amazed me!!!

Well I happen to think that what you are doing is very very nice and I know they will appreicate them so much so we certainly want to make sure you have one for each of them. I'll worked some up this weekend for you.

Have a great work trip (I use to do those and know how not fun they can be:D)

I can't wait to see them all with their ghans.

Well I happen to think that what you are doing is very very nice and I know they will appreicate them so much so we certainly want to make sure you have one for each of them. I'll worked some up this weekend for you.

Have a great work trip (I use to do those and know how not fun they can be:D)

I can't wait to see them all with their ghans.

Thanks, Pat. Every shift I go to work at the home, I'm always asked the same thing: " When are you on again?" and from one of them who LOVES to crochet,

"what are you making now?"

I've convinced my supervisor to buy a 'puter to have in the dining room, with internet connection, so hopefully by the end of summer, I will be able to log into the "ville with that one particular resident. Of course, we will use it for work purpose as well, but I can just see this woman's face when she sees all of the crafts on here! She's really OBSESSED with yarn, so much that staff have to keep after her to get up and move around every so often!

They are so going to love their blankies- one fellow got new throw rugs for his room yesterday for his b-day, and as soon as i saw them, I'm thinking which pile of color coordinated squares I will use for his room! Guess I'm getting just as OBSESSED as her!!

I mailed a package on Tuesday morning (from Oklahoma), not sure how long it will take to get to you. I made 4 circle in square blocks w/camo and green for the men and 3 circle in sqaure blocks in 2 shades of green for the women. Hope you like them.

I too was surprised how reasonable the shipping charge was to Canada.

Deb

Hi Denise, I've got 2 dr green done in the heart pattern you liked, yes I found it, and I have 2 brown also in the heart pattern. I'm going to make a couple of more brown and send them off. I couldn't find any earthy blue tone in my stash.

Hope your work trip turned out well.

Archived