Mystery crochet tool

I have inherited through donations a steel crochet hook (possibly a 5 mm) with a needle eye at the other end. Does anyone know what this is or how it is used???

After I saw locker hooking on a PBS show...I decided I "needed" a new hobby :). I love the idea and look of hooked rugs, but wasn't ready for that type of work. With locker hooking, I can get a very similar look without all the extra work! Plus, you can use yarn or fabric!

Ah, the mystery tool! My sister inherited one of these from a girlfriend and she told me it was for making rugs. We haven't tried it.

That was shown on Uncommon Threads as well. When it was still on that is.

• 1 month later...

I recently went to HobLob and they had the locker hook tool, along w/ 2 or 3 books on it. Thought i'd let you know if you are wanting to find some books to use yours w/. :)

Sandy

I recently went to HobLob and they had the locker hook tool, along w/ 2 or 3 books on it. Thought i'd let you know if you are wanting to find some books to use yours w/. :)

Sandy

My local HobbyLobby has locker hooking books on clearance. I bought 2 a couple weeks ago for $1 each! One is for hats and scarves and another has pillows and rugs in it. I really just bought it for ideas and such, and I couldn't pass up the $1 bargain! LOL

Archived