not exactly a CAL but an idea

karin4christ

Yesterday I was on the internet looking up cooking blogs. I found a blog that was no longer active. It was based on an interesting concept: in one year cook all the recipes in a specific Julia Child's cookbook. (I won't link to that blog because it did have swearing on it :blush). So I was thinking of adapting that for crocheting. (And most likely lifting the one year deadline). I've thought about trying to make all the patterns from a crochet book or maybe selecting a category over at crochet pattern central and making all the patterns listed there. I'm not necessarily starting a CAL here but I wanted to know what others thought about that. And if someone else were to do this, what book or category would you choose??

I think this is a great idea...I'll have to give it some thought as to which category...although at this point, "Misc." comes to mind...which could include something from a bunch of different catagories...

There are several books out there that have 99 projects in them...I have "99 Dishcloths". They are from Leisure Arts I think. Maybe something like that would work? They are small enough projects that they can be done in a couple hours and doing a couple a week wouldn't be unreasonable.

Sara

That sounds fun! I am slowly working on doing one of each snowflakes in a book I have but have thought about wanting to just pick a book or magazine and working one of everything in it.

That sounds fun! I am slowly working on doing one of each snowflakes in a book I have but have thought about wanting to just pick a book or magazine and working one of everything in it.

I would think of snowflakes, too.. although, I must admit, I don't know that I have looked at a book or magazine or designer yet where I have liked every single pattern... and I don't know that I would want to spend a lot of time and effort doing something I didn't like when there are so many things I DO like out there :)

Marika

Here it is 1:00am and I can't sleep. I think it has something to do with the small child that is in the bed with me. So naturally my mind turns to crochet. What about doing one pattern from every crochet book/booklet that I have?? Hmmm . . . something to think about.

I am trying to do the same thing now. I keep finding books with great patterns in them on ebay and then I just "have" to have them. I told my husband that I was going to make at least one item from every book I own....definitely would need more than a year though :lol

I like this idea, too! We obviously bought the books for some reason. Maybe it's time we put them to good use :yes

I third the motion! Although I have so many that I've aquired along the way, I'll need a lifetime!:eek

I find this idea intriguing.

This is my

"Year of the Baby"

so I would like to find a focus for this and the idea of making everything for babies at CPC is one possibility for me... well within reason of course. I think I am in for this but I have to tidy up a couple of things to get some open time.

I have to check CPC to see what I would be in for :eek but pencil me in.:crocheting

I've done something like that only with knitting. I had a small book on twenty dishcloths or so, and I went through and made them all. It's a fun idea if you find a book that has lots of patterns that you really like.

What about doing one pattern from every crochet book/booklet that I have??

This seems like an even better idea since it's hard to find a book where every pattern is a good one.

I have been thinking that I might try all the baby stuff at CPC except for the blankies. I like to keep things moving and I tend to bog down on blankies.

I have subscribed to this thread to keep in touch. :yay

Still a couple of things to finish up but I'm getting closer to "The Beginning of the Odyessy". :wlol

I think dishcloths is a good category. If they are all the same size & you didn't need or know anyone who needed that many, they could always be used as afghan squares. Just a thought but why not.

I have started a baby bonnet from one of the pattern sets at CPC and I think I will have to consider making something from any sets rather than whole sets.

Well, I had already decided that I would not be making any blankies but there is a lot of stuff on those links pages :eek

I am determined to make a dint in at least one page of links before Feb 24th/09

Archived