Irish Hiking Scarf

Hazlecreek

I finished this last week and really love how it turned out. It's my second attempt at cables, the first was a cell phone holder, and this one was much, much easier to make.

Irish-hikeing-scarf-2.jpg

The cables are so easy, and look so hard, that I would suggest this as a first time cable project. The pattern is from Hello Yarn and is FREE! :clap just the way we like it!!

Ooh, I have this one printed out, and am wondering if my BIL would like a scarf for Christmas for the third year in a row! He's so hard to shop for. Yours came out great! And cables aren't nearly as hard as they look, even I've done them and they looked like they were supposed to. :lol Patty

I saved this one, I am not an advanced knitter by any stretch of the imagination, but I am going to have a knitting friend help me...I love it!! Thanks for sharing!

Beautiful scarf!

I have made this pattern many times. It was my first cable project....it really isn't as hard as it looks. Give it a go...you will surprise yourself....really!

I have 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces in Red Rover that are just begging to be worked with.......it's a beautiful variegated yarn. Do you think it would work up alright in this pattern?

I'm heading to Montgomery to a ROTC Drill Meet tomorrow, and I'll need a project to take along, and I'm just not feeling the socks I started this week........

Congrats looks fabulous.

I made one over the holidays in Vannas Choice Heatherd Purple. Turned out beautifully.

I am now making another one for a friend in Malabrigo V.A.A which is kind of a hunter green color.

A blogger friend of mine did hers in a Malabrigo varigated oceany blues color and it was fabulous also.

Thanks AndiM! I thought about making another one, but I found this pattern on Ravelry, also, and think I'll give this one a go. It's a reversible cable.

http://www.cometosilver.com/patterns/palindrome.htm

Has anyone made this? It looks just as easy, but would love to hear from anyone.

I have been wanting to learn cables (the thought kind of scares me - LOL!) so I appreciate you suggesting this scarf. I like it because it is something you could give to a man (it is hard to find knitted projects to give as a gift to guy), but I think this would be suitable, plus it will give me a chance to learn cables.

I think after I finish the scarf I'm working on now (an illusion scarf) then I will give this a go.

That's gorgeous! What yarn did you use?

I used Bernats Softee Chunkey. I love how thick it turned out. You could use a reg WW yarn and have it look just as good!

Disneypal, this is perfect for a man.

Thanks again everyone! :hug

Well, I think this pattern is terrific!! I worked on it almost all day Saturday, and I have about 9" done. I can't believe I didn't try this sooner! Cables are MUCH easier to do than I thought!!! :D

Hubby has the camera at work, so I can't take a picture yet......hopefully, he'll remember to bring it home this afternoon.....

:cheer:cheer:cheer

I'm so glad that you like it!! I was so amazed when I worked it for the first time. I kept telling hubby to "look, can you believe just how easy it was" he just couldn't relate to my joy. :lol

I can't wait to see how yours looks!

Ooh, it's gorgeous!!! I've seen this pattern before and you've made me go and print it off now. I'll have to move it to the top of my giant list of projects-in-waiting. :lol

Archived