Irish Hiking Scarf

Hazlecreek

Did you all see that there is a hat pattern to match?? I found it on Ravelry. this is deffinately in my "To Do" pile!!

I saw that Beth!! I'm thinking I'll make the hat to go with the scarf!! I'm having so much fun with this pattern.......not only can I see the progress I'm making in the length of the scarf, I can watch the cables twist and turn too!

Did you all see that there is a hat pattern to match?? I found it on Ravelry. this is deffinately in my "To Do" pile!!

I did see that there was one, but I don't think that I've looked at it yet.

My mom got it in the mail the other day and loved it! :clap I so happy with how it turned out. I am going to make me one and I'll have to find the hat pattern and make me a matching set!

Thank you Happy Bunny for you comment! :hug

Well, I'm about halfway through with my scarf. I finally got the camera back from hubby, and here it is!

IRISHHIKINGSCARF-CLOSEUP.jpg

IRISHHIKINGSCARF.jpg

Now I just need to find the second ball of Lorna's Laces to finish it!!

Christi

That yarn is simply Beautiful!! What is it? also the needle size you are using, and the ply/weight of the yarn???

I love new yarns, and I am trying to learn more about how they work up and behave in patterns.

The yarn is Lorna's Laces Worsted and the colorway is named Red Rover. I think the folks at Lorna's may have discontinued it, as it was in the half-off bin at the LYS. I'm using a size 8 needle.

Thank you Lpgeorge123! Trust me it is very easy.

Alright, not only is there a hat pattern to match the scarf, but now I see there is a wrist warmer pattern for it too! :clap You could knit up a whole set for someone, or yourself ;), what a great gift that would be!!:clap

(if you are not a member of Revelry let me know and I'll post the pattern to the blog.)

It's beautiful! The photo is gorgeous, too.

I've only been really trying to learn to knit about the last 3-4 weeks, with the help of a friend. I started this pattern a few days ago, thinking it would be way too hard but it's so easy! I'm thrilled with the cables and how great they look, even for me, such a beginner. LOVE the pattern.

Thank you Lpgeorge123! Trust me it is very easy.

Alright, not only is there a hat pattern to match the scarf, but now I see there is a wrist warmer pattern for it too! :clap You could knit up a whole set for someone, or yourself ;), what a great gift that would be!!:clap

(if you are not a member of Revelry let me know and I'll post the pattern to the blog.)

I'm not a member of Ravelry. Think I should go ahead and put my name on the list? I've seen it mentioned a lot on this forum, but I still don't know much about it. And if you could post the patterns on your blog it would be much appreciated. I like the idea of a hat/scarf combo. That would make a great gift set!

I'm not a member of Ravelry. Think I should go ahead and put my name on the list? I've seen it mentioned a lot on this forum, but I still don't know much about it. And if you could post the patterns on your blog it would be much appreciated. I like the idea of a hat/scarf combo. That would make a great gift set!

DO sign up for Ravelry, there are so many patterns floating around on there. You'll enjoy yourself! :hook

As for the patterns, Here is the wrist warmers, the hat pattern, and the one for the scarf it's self. One stop shopping!!

DO sign up for Ravelry, there are so many patterns floating around on there. You'll enjoy yourself! :hook

As for the patterns, Here is the wrist warmers, the hat pattern, and the one for the scarf it's self. One stop shopping!!

Thanks for the patterns! And I'll put myself in line for Ravelry. I can't wait to try this out!

Archived