Crochet March 2008

Tampa Doll

I just got my copy of Crochet March 2008 and It is full of some interesting patterns.

They have a doily that I have been trying to figure out how to do and that is use more than one picture like a graph gahn. There is a beautiful rose in the middle.

Also for those of you who have cats, there is a bed that looks like a mouse. I showed it to dh and said I would like to try and make it in thread. He said good idea, then I can rest my computer mouse in it when not in use.:rofl So guess what is going on my to do list.

huummmmm, I just saw that pattern for a cat bed that looks like a mouse in an old Annies Crochet to go book when i was browsing my pattern stash just last nite. pretty cool for a cat lover!

I just got mine yesterday. The cat bed was cute, but seemed to take a lot of yarn (our cats are perfectly happy with the fleece covered pillows I can sew for them in 15 minutes). I loved the lacy scarf, so that went on my to-do list. The dress is gorgeous, but I could never wear it and there is also a beautiful sweater.

March? I didn't get me February yet!! Maybe it's at home and I just have to look for it. :think LOL

Its a bi-monthly publication. No February issue. Theres a January, and a March. They just mail them really early. :)

Hmmm...I haven't gotten mine yet. I paid online, and they're still sending me stuff in the mail stating that I haven't paid (but that could have been a cross-communication...i.e, I paid right as they sent it out...) :)

To tell you the truth i'm not that impressed with patterns... except for the baby sweater and hat that I might make...

I subscribed a long time ago and then cancelled after first issue...Maybe I'm too picky but I don't like this magazine...My favorite is crochet today, it's more my "style".

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this issue of Crochet too. In fact I think the last several issues have been really good. When I first subscribed a couple of years ago I wasn't that impressed with it, but I think it has improved. There are some out there patterns, but I guess they try to appeal to everyone.

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up a copy last week at the book store - I really liked the peaches & pistachio wrap that was in there!! I'm not a wrap or shawl kinda gal, but that just looks sooooo warm. LLike a stylish blanket wrapped around you!!

:think I thought about doing it in blues - like denim hues. It calls for a total of 1400 yds of chunky (5) yarn. I have 5 skeins (310 yds ea) of RH Symphony in charcoal, but don't know if I'll get the guage right for sizing. Guess I could just add another round to the grannies and a few extra DC rows in the striped section?? Thought about coordinating with a pink or blue?? or winter white??

Archived