Baroque Inspiration Doily

vhanna26

Julie was kind enough to give me some thread that she wound with lurex, so here's what I just made with some it.

baroque.jpg

I must admit, I love this doily.:manyheart

It's the Baroque Inspiration doily from Denise's site (which is back on line):yay

The photo doesn't show the nice glitter that the lurex adds as well as a little extra stiffness.

Thanks again, Julie, for the thread. I still have enough to make at least another doily.

The doily is very pretty:c9 but one question. what is lurex and what's it use for? I hope you don't mind that I'm asking. :shrug Thanks.

To the best of my knowledge, lurex is a type of metallic or transparent, iridescent yarn. The lurex is thin enough to combine it with thread, and it really adds a nice sheen to projects.

Julie sent me some white thread combined with clear lurex, but it comes in many colors.

Here's a link to the eBay seller that Julie got her lurex from. I plan to buy some myself. I'll start with a cone of clear. it looks like it can go a long way.:hook

Beautiful doily, so how is the lurex to work with?

It really wasn't very hard to work with although I did need to pay attentionto make sure that the lurex didn't knot or bunch up, which it did several times, so I just cut both threads and started the thread anew.

I love it, Vera!

I haven't had trouble with the lurex knotting itself (it tends to come apart pretty easily) though I do have problems periodically where the lurex loop does not want to come over the hook head but the thread it's with does.

I love it, Vera!

I haven't had trouble with the lurex knotting itself (it tends to come apart pretty easily) though I do have problems periodically where the lurex loop does not want to come over the hook head but the thread it's with does.

The knotting up was more due to my lack of attention than anything else. :oops

I would unwind too much at a time. I also noticed that, at times, the lurex loop didn't want to go over the hook head with the thread, but it was a small matter.

I will have to get some of that lurex!!!!!! It is soooo cool, I got into the thread after the Springtime Flower Swap. Thank you Julie it so addicting I dont want to stop:cheer :cheer:ghug I love this place.

Archived