2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I thought I posted on this one and I guess it went some place else.

wtd=+10 ytd=+41

I sure hope it gets counted. Sorry.

:manyheart

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wheee on a roll

+ 4

2 more skeins are gone. I keep using up skeins but I havent 'finished' anything in a while. All of a sudden I suppose I will finish a bunch at once.

WTD +4

YTD +11

Received my yarn swap package last week. *cough* -12 *cough* Which brings my ytd to *cough* -19 *cough*

But that is good, because the yarn is sooooo preeeety! I will cuddle with it, and pet it, and sing to it. :D

Oh dear! Joanns has pounders and homespun on sale this week........picked up 4 pounder for -8 and need to go back for homespun a little later on in the week.....its gonna be a bad week i can tell (or maybe it is a good week! :devil)

Oh dear! Joanns has pounders and homespun on sale this week........picked up 4 pounder for -8 and need to go back for homespun a little later on in the week.....its gonna be a bad week i can tell (or maybe it is a good week! :devil)

I don't even look at those ads anymore. They really wreck my score when I do!

I would like to join, but I am a newbie, is that ok, ya'll might have to help me out on how to post my line though I not quite sure how to. I am working on two project that are using up alot of my stash. how would I count them I am using skeins and balls. haha that sounds funny.

You can add to your signature by going to the top of the screen, click user cp, and then signature on the left.

The rules are in the first post about how it works. You start counting your points now (don't go back and add the points from what you already have). When you use a skein, add 2 points, when you use a ball, add 1 point. When you turn a skein into a ball, add a point, and then when you use that up, it's one more point. Every time you buy a skein of yarn (or someone gives it to you) it's minus two points.

Good luck! I thought I'd have a super high score when I started - I'm making it back that direction! :lol

Ok so my score for the week ending April 12 was -22

So far this week I am at 0, and I even went to wal-mart yesterday and got out without yarn. Yeah me :cheerI am also getting close to using up my first skein from last week's little purchasing fiasco yeah me again:cheer

Well, we must be doing SOMETHING right, because there are more of us above the line than below it!

Lisa - I can't figure out if your score was +20 for WTD or -60. You've got 3 numbers in your posting... :think

Also, Please remember to post your WTD scores in big bold letters IN YOUR POST. If you change your sig after the post (like if I'm late getting the scores), I won't know what your week was supposed to be.

LegalWoman17 +35 <GOLD MEDAL!!!

DreamsOfYarn +22 SILVER MEDAL!!

yarncat +15 <BRONZE MEDAL

raelynn +13

CLLinda +10

basjordan +9

TammyNC +8

slksnell +7

Ellie13 +6

laurawithchild +6

yarn_monkey +5

CraftyJen +4

KellyA +3

NeedleArts +2

unicorn37757 +2

krystal16 +2

CyM +2

2kute +2

isserlie +2

rddugan +1

lpgeorge123 0

jeannie1205 -2

ldyer1 -2

Nght -4

darski -8

hseger -11

econ-nerd -20

appy_lover -22

MrsCrochetPants -53

walker1021 -82

krazy-kitty -153 <-- AND A NEW SHOOT THE MOON RECIPIENT!!!

walker1021 -82

krazy-kitty -153 <-- AND A NEW SHOOT THE MOON RECIPIENT!!!

Should I be thrilled or cowering under the bed?:think I came in 2nd for the Shoot the Moon award :cheer, but that also means I got too much yarn last week. Trying real hard to stay in the positives this week. Must....work.....thru....this....stash.....:crocheting

I did pretty good this past week. Finished 5th. Don't know how I will do this week.

Jiffy's on sale at HL. I'll try not to go there and stock up.

Really, I Will!

Well I didnt seem to have ordered enough green in the first place when I decided to do this 63 square afghan, soooooooooo

I ordered 3 more skeins of green, but I used up one so

WTD 0

YTD +7

at least its pretty

I've been working 2 part time jobs so I didn't have time to do much :crocheting. I'm almost done :crocheting squares together. My rainbow skeins are down to 1/4 size and can to be rolled into balls. But, at 1 point each, I get + 6 :clap. Does anyone else hate rolling floppy skeins into balls :think? They always seem to get tangled at the end. Are they easier to work with not rolled :think?

Score: WTD: + 6

Ellie 13

Missed this past week, but no problem, I bought 5 skeins, used 5 skeins and wound up with a 0.

For the new week, I used 2 skeins, and received 6 lovely skeins today from a very generous fairy godmother, making me a -10 so far.

I've been working 2 part time jobs so I didn't have time to do much :crocheting. I'm almost done :crocheting squares together. My rainbow skeins are down to 1/4 size and can to be rolled into balls. But, at 1 point each, I get + 6 :clap. Does anyone else hate rolling floppy skeins into balls :think? They always seem to get tangled at the end. Are they easier to work with not rolled :think?

Score: WTD: + 6

Ellie 13

Depends on the type of yarn, I leave the fuzzy ones and bulkies as skeins, I roll up the worsted and sport and baby.

I didn't place, I didn't place! Cuz we all know which end it would'a been on :blush

So, I did finish that blankie, along with 2 more skeins for +4

Started another... this time the Aztec Sun ripple, which is why I bought that book anyway (almost a year ago!) Working on 4 skeins, but not finishing yet.

Also sent 5 bags of mill ends to Super Granny... forgot to count how many in each bag, I *think* there were 3 :think

Nght - got any of the Lace or that darker color of tan in the Caron One POunders that you want to get rid of?

Hmmm... I don't think so, but lemme look & get back with ya!

I've used 1 partial skein and 3 full skeins on a RR I'm working on.

I'm taking a short break from the RR and I'm working on squares right now. I will post those totals when I am done.

+7

Archived