2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone! I just joined Crochetville recently and am learning what all this fun stuff is. I like this CAL as I have SO-O-O much yarn it is beyond ridiculous!!! I know it is into the 4th month and I don't stand much chance of getting ahead of you all, but may I join or is it too far into the "game"?

I have to learn how to do signature lines, etc.

Hi Everyone! I just joined Crochetville recently and am learning what all this fun stuff is. I like this CAL as I have SO-O-O much yarn it is beyond ridiculous!!! I know it is into the 4th month and I don't stand much chance of getting ahead of you all, but may I join or is it too far into the "game"?

I have to learn how to do signature lines, etc.

You can join up whenever you want.

To edit your signature, just click on the "Quick Links" at the top of the screen. From there you can change it. Welcome to the board!

Guess it doesn't seem like much, but finished a skein on the new blankie last night :heehee

Come to think of it, sure it does... for the 1st time this year, my YTD score is below 0,

shouldn't take much to fix that! Better get in gear, huh Krystal? :hook

:sigh

Mom came home from Florida and brought me her garage sale find. I am so thrilled with the deal she got - all of this for ONE DOLLAR!!

One skein RHSS in Aran

Partial RHSS in white

12 full skeins of Sugar N Cream

1 partial of Sugar and Cream

1 partial of RHSS variegated

2 crochet hooks (H&J)

2 afghan hooks (H&J)

2 sets knitting needles (8&10)

pair snip scissors (Fiskars)

momsfind.jpg

I will gladly take my -29!!!! :cheer

I went to the Doctor today, and on the way home I stopped in at Hobby Lobby (I was having yarn acquisition withdrawals) :lol. They had some RHSS on clearance, and somehow it jumped into my cart when I was looking at crochet hooks that were also on clearance. When I go to the check out lane, I also noticed a skein of baby chenille in the cart as well. It had been sitting next to the RHSS and I guess when the RHSS jumped into the cart, the chenille didn't want to be left behind :shrug

That puts me back to 0 for the week.

Woohoo! The new power cord finally came, and with 3mos. worth of computer updates finally installed, I'm back!! :cheerNow I can update regularly like I'm supposed to! Right now, let me get up-to-date.

Last week, I bought 6 skeins (-12pts) and used 4 (+8) for a grand total of... -4pts. Sheesh. I really need to stop buying!! Unfortunately I know I'll be buying at least one more in the next week or so to finish a sweater I'm working on. Darnit. At least it'll be used as soon as I get it!

So far this week, I've used two skeins so I'm at +4, hoping to use up another one (or maybe two) before time to post on Saturday. I just have to remember to post since I've been out of the loop for so long! :think

I went to the Doctor today, and on the way home I stopped in at Hobby Lobby (I was having yarn acquisition withdrawals) :lol. They had some RHSS on clearance, and somehow it jumped into my cart when I was looking at crochet hooks that were also on clearance. When I go to the check out lane, I also noticed a skein of baby chenille in the cart as well. It had been sitting next to the RHSS and I guess when the RHSS jumped into the cart, the chenille didn't want to be left behind :shrug

That puts me back to 0 for the week.

Mel, you really have to watch those skeins of yarn! I had an incident last year where over 50 skeins overpowered me and came home. I had to buy 2 storage totes to contain them!!!:lol

Mel, you really have to watch those skeins of yarn! I had an incident last year where over 50 skeins overpowered me and came home. I had to buy 2 storage totes to contain them!!!:lol

WHEN YARN ATTACKS!

:: Insert cheesy movie theme music here ::

:P

I finished another skein last night for a +2. WTD +10. I also have a bag of balls ready to mail out, for I think another +9. Can you guys all do me a favor and go on a shopping spree so I can medal this week? :rofl

This will be my highest score ever, and if I try really hard I might finish two pounders too!

:lol, loosing track of my own stuff, keep forgetting to write it in here. Spent yesterday sewing, seams, buttons for closures and flowers, purse linings, etc...Checked my log book this AM and I am up to+36 for the week. All that fun fur, fancy fur, etc for ponchos add up fast.

Archived