2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have been busy...

Sunday afternoon I finished a nice long scarf -1 pt for an almost finished skein of yarn bee italia.

Sunday night I completed 3 baby/toddler hats. 3 points for stuff I used up that night.

Monday I finished 3 baby/toddler hats. 1 pt.

Monday I went shopping--3 yarn stores and I only bought 1 skein!! I have been trying to work from my incredibly large stash, but I was out of black ww acrylic. So I bought only 1 caron pounder. So only -2, but that was hard fought. I picked up and put down about 7 different skeins, and was able to talk myself out of them. Yeah. The caron pounder is already started, making a black scarf that I am going to attach motifs so, probably red roses.

That puts me back at +3 this week!!

I've been very busy getting an afghan done for my oldest son's band silent auction. :crocheting

So far I've used 2 skeins of yarn that Schmetterling sent me and brought my score last week to negative. +4 this week! :D

Then I bought 2 skeins so -4. Back to ZERO. :eek

I rolled 4 balls though,:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn so at least now my score is at +4 again. :lol

I will be using 2 more skeins that Schmetterling sent me last week. That will bring my score up more. :clap

Will post when that happens. Hopefully by tomorrow. I'm on a deadline for the afghan to be done. :hook

I used 2 balls finishing a Christmas stocking and I started another one (+2). I've got lots of Christmas yarn to use up. If I had some more black and white yarn, I could make penguins and snowmen too :D. Michaels is having a sale on pounders. I wonder how many penguins/snowmen that'll make :think.

WTD Score: + 5

Ellie 13

I used up a ball (+1) working on a pair of socks, which are still in progress, but got my yarn order from Knitpicks (-8).

And I'm in progress with a small rug, which is eating up my spare balls of yarn. So there is actually a chance I may come up with a net wtd of 0 by the end of this week, if I bust my fingers. :)

I was able to use up a ball making squares, and three small skeins making rectangles, plus seven more for a running total of 15 WTD

Edit; I was able to roll three skeins into balls after crocheting this afternoon. 18 WTD

Edit; I just received my shipment from Angelicrafts, I spent $40.00 from a gift card and received 94 skeins of misc. yarn which of course translates to -188 so my new WTD -170

Not that it counts, but I did organize my stash last night. My recent move had me up to my ears in boxes of unorganized yarn and stuff. So last night it got sorted and seprated by fiber and use. There is also 2 bags and a large cardboard box of ufos. How sad is that? Some just need ends worked, but there are 4 afghans that I have a good start on.

One is a mile a minute that I made all the pieces for and then discovered I can't count so several of them are totally the wrong length. I got so disguested that I put it away, like 7 years ago.

I did crochet for an hour, but I didn't use up anything.

If I had just sorted before I went shopping Monday I would have found the black and not had to purchase the caron pounder I got that day. :angry But now it will be much easier to use my stash, since I can find it.

I put all the little left over balls of acrylic in a clear plastic tote (it is almost full:eek) so that I can see the colors I am looking for on the sides and in the bottom. My other acrylic fit into a large tote for solids (seperated by neutrals and colors) and a cardboard box full of verigated. I also have whole a shopping bag full of camo yarn. <sigh> Lots of hooking to do.

I rolled one from the scarecrow pattern. I have two hats made and am working on the head of the scarecrow now.

+1

:manyheart

My score took BIG nose dive the past 2 days.

Bought 8 skeins of yarn yesterday :D

Busted one skein last night :clap

Bought 10 skeins today :D

That puts me at -30 :eek

BUT......I don't feel so bad after reading a few of the scores :lol

My Husband will love this,

I had about 30 skeins of my own with a box of about 15 ball of varied sizes. A few months ago I recieved my mothers stash as well as all her books and patterns. They now occupy my husbands(My) office filling 2 floor to ceiling bookshelves of just yarn.

I don't think that I will be buying yarn any time soon.

so what do I do instead of getting 4 more skeins busted to add to my score this week? :think

so what do I do instead of getting the afghan done for my DS's band silent auction and keep to my deadline? :shrug

I go and injure my hand!!! :bang Thankfully it's not broken because then the afghan wouldn't get done at all. :whew Orthopedic kept reexamining the xrays because he was sure he'd find a break somewhere from the looks of my hand.

My youngest says it looks like a monsters hand. :faint My daughters mouth just gapes open :eek and my oldest says, when will you be able to finish the afghan? :crocheting

ahhh priorities!

so what do I do instead of getting 4 more skeins busted to add to my score this week? :think

so what do I do instead of getting the afghan done for my DS's band silent auction and keep to my deadline? :shrug

I go and injure my hand!!! :bang Thankfully it's not broken because then the afghan wouldn't get done at all. :whew Orthopedic kept reexamining the xrays because he was sure he'd find a break somewhere from the looks of my hand.

My youngest says it looks like a monsters hand. :faint My daughters mouth just gapes open :eek and my oldest says, when will you be able to finish the afghan? :crocheting

ahhh priorities!

sorry to hear about your injury, that sounds horrid, but let's keep those priorites in line, ask the DR to put as cast on so you can crochet:crocheting

My Husband will love this,

I had about 30 skeins of my own with a box of about 15 ball of varied sizes. A few months ago I recieved my mothers stash as well as all her books and patterns. They now occupy my husbands(My) office filling 2 floor to ceiling bookshelves of just yarn.

I don't think that I will be buying yarn any time soon.

Mmmmmmm. Sounds lovely. I can picture it now.

I go and injure my hand!!! :bang !

So sorry to hear about your injury. I hope you heal quickly!:hug

Well, I finally learned what RR and saltine(s) mean: Round Ripple and those little granny square beginnings (2 rounds? So named because they are about the same size as the crackers?). Still trying to figure out RAOK.

Rare heat wave here with 100+degrees temperatures. Since it is such a rare occurance, I don't have air conditioning. Makes it difficult to pick up that warm wooly skein of yarn.

I had a momentary desire to go to Jo-Ann's and even placed a bid for some yarn on eBay. But circumstances thwarted both, and I was spared the additional minuses :wink.

So for the second week in a row the stash pile remains the same.

Stashbusting Score:

WTD: 0

YTD: -8

-Marzee

Archived