2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought a ball of yarn today, but used it to make a cap. That puts me at a grand WTD of zero, zip, nil, nada.... But at least I'm not in the negatives, ... yet....:devil ... for the week, any way.

I have 2 more squares to assemble. I used a ball (+1) and found another skein of the green, so I'll definitely have enough to finish the afghan. I won't be able to do much tonight, but I think I can it done by Fri. (Sat.?). I'm looking for a sunflower pattern. It should be about 4 or 5 inches diameter. Any help? Thanks.

WTD Score: + 7

Ellie 13

I went to the big WM last night and bought 2 skeins of cotton, but used them up last night and today making cozies for my upcoming trip to :sun:hot Florida, so that leaves me at zero, zilch, nada.

I have more to make so should have lots of points this week, unless I spend all day every day at the pool :lol:lol

Hi everyone.

I will stay positive this week. I rolled two balls and used up another, for 3 points already this week.

I will just stay out of the stores. I didn't even look at the Hancock flyer today. Tossed it right out.

But it is fun getting new yarn. I just shouldn't buy huge amounts at one time. But when it's on sale, it's on sale.

:manyheart

I've been crocheting all day long, other than a few 10 minute breaks and a bit of time earlier when my little girl threw up. I used 3 entire skeins of RHSS Aspen Print for DH's 3-strand afghan for +6 points.

I didn't sleep much last night after hearing the news of my Uncle's death, so I started a purse for a friends daughter. I busted a skein of cotton, so that puts me at +5.

bought 5 skeins (Patons Brilliant on Clearance for a dollar!!) = -10 I'm going to use them for headbands...eventually

rolled 2 balls from a knotted skein of Boulce= -8

used those balls on Seraphina Shawl that's taking forever to finish = -6

busted 2 skeins making charity squares = -2

-2 WTD (hopefully not for long)

I didn't sleep much last night after hearing the news of my Uncle's death, so I started a purse for a friends daughter. I busted a skein of cotton, so that puts me at +5.

I'm sorry to hear about the death in your family. :hug

I had to un-assemble 5 of my squares because 1 was backwards :thair !! That'll teach me not to :crocheting until 1 AM :lol. I'll set it aside and make the squares for Beth's comfortghan. Do I minus points for frogging :think? I should get more points by Sat. anyway.

WTD Score: + 6

Ellie 13

My yarn order came in. It's been a couple of weeks since I got "Shoot the Moon." I think I'm due. 18 lovely skeins. But I did manage to use a ball of yarn today, so my -36 will be "just" -35. This brings my YTD to -100. Time to get that to double digits!!!

:lol

My yarn order came in. It's been a couple of weeks since I got "Shoot the Moon." I think I'm due. 18 lovely skeins. But I did manage to use a ball of yarn today, so my -36 will be "just" -35. This brings my YTD to -100. Time to get that to double digits!!!

Good for you. We are so proud!:lol:lol:lol

I purposely am staying out of the yarn stores. I was about a half a block from the JoAnn's and I went right home, instead of a detour. I am staying strong!

But there are sidewalk sales, so watch out!

:manyheart

Last night I made a charity square then tried to create a sunflower design. I think I got good idea and started working it out. Used only 1 small ball. I'm going back to the afghan so I might get more points by Sat.

WTD Score: + 7

Ellie 13

I busted another skein of cotton last night and finished my latest purse :clap

That put me at +5, but alas, that score is not going to stand. I was gifted 2 skeins of cotton today, so that puts me back down to +1. But that is alright with me, since it is one of my favorite colors of cotton variegated and was going to go and buy some anyway. So I saved money on both the yarn and the gas to get there, plus a kind crochet sister thought enough of me to send me some :hug

For the week of 4/11, my YTD score was at a negative 57. Thanks to this CAL, I reached a YTD score of 0 last night! I am trying so hard to go into the positives, but I have two yarn orders heading my way. Oh well, atleast I can say I was at zero atleast once int the past few months. lol

Archived