2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Hi everyone!

I just got an email from Carol's (HappyOldCro) daughter saying that Carol's computer has crashed and she won't be able to do the score keeping this week.

Would it be possible for someone to take her place? I would, but I am having company this weekend and we will be out and about most of the weekend. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could step in for her.

Thank you!

I'll try to stand in for HappyOldCro. I wish her computer a hasty recovery, though!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The sellers e-mail to me said she canceled all orders for this manufactuer but you might want to check with them.

I placed two orders. They are shipping the first one (from June 10) but cancelled the second one (from June 11.) Now, how many skeins will I get from my first order?:think

I'll try to stand in for HappyOldCro. I wish her computer a hasty recovery, though!

Thank you Beth. If you have any problems, let me know and I"ll help as much as I can.

Thanks for Pitch hitting for HOC. These computers just do their own thing.

:manyheart

I just wanted to talk about the Spinrite cotton from Amazon.com. Somehow, my order slipped through, and they shipped one skein to me. I e-mailed them, asking what was being shipped. They e-mailed back. They are refunding my money, and allowing me to keep the yarn. This is NOT an evil company. There was just a mistake.

I agree Beth I don't know what went wrong with the ad but they work with the buyer.

Well I bought 3 skeins today for projects I'm trying to finish up so -6 for me. Now I just need to try to get 3 points used up by Sat. :lol

Working on a baby burial gown from the Carewear magazine. Using Baby Coordinates in pink and then a strand of fingering white yarn held together. It keeps it more steady and easier to use.

Plus, I want to use this white yarn up. It's been in my stash too long.

I got too excited. I counted a ball as a skein. I changed my score to reflect the correct amount. I'm going to Ben Franklin's this morning to try to shoot the moon again. :devil I need to celebrate. I've been crocheting for a whole year now!:hook

Hoo-boy! I went to Ben Franklin, then I went to Hancock Fabric, and I didn't leave either store empty-handed. :devil Oh what fun, though! I found 29 skeins a new home. They all have good causes: Christmas gifts, caps for brain surgery patients, and something my daughter really, really wants. So it's all good, right?

So -57 for my WTD, and sheesh, -96 for my YTD.

Thanks to a new small bag of granny daughters and 6 6X9 squares, Im up (or is it down) 7 small balls of yarn.

My stash is now spread out through the 3 bedroomw and I feel like ( and I mentioned this to Loopy) my home is part of the Star Trek episode of the invasion of the tribbles. They're taking over........

WTD +7; YTD -38

Well, I'm off to Kansas City to meet up with DH tomorrow, so I'm going to go ahead and post. I won't have internet access for the next few weeks, so I'll keep track of my points (or lack thereof lol) and just start back again with reporting when I can. For now, here's my score for this week...

I used two skeins and a ball, bought 13 skeins, so here's my total for the week...

WTD= -21 YTD= +171

Maybe I can at least shoot the moon this week! :P

Unless some miracle happens, I'm posting now for the week, with a big booming +2, but hey it's in the positive, right? Wait till you see what I do in a few weeks when I get to play in a real live Hobby Lobby--oh the delicious naughtyness of it---can we say it all together now, I love this yarn. I am so excited!!

WTD for week ending July 14, 2008 +2

Visiting Welches, Oregon for the Father's Day weekend with DH, son and his family. Lots of family activities so reporting early.

WTD: 0 YTD: 29 Little progress as this last week I was away from home more than I was there. Have to figure out a way to improve my scores.

I used up the fingering yarn on the burial gown. So that's another +2 for the week. I am doing pretty good, despite VBS.

Archived