2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

I took a break from moving threads. I was starting to have trouble reading the screen after reading and moving dozens and dozens of pages.

I finished up Nancy's 2nd rug and used 2 more skeins on it. That puts me at +24 for the week so far.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still can't update my siggy for some reason so I rolled a skein into a ball for another +1 today that makes my total +8 wtd and -178 ytd hopefully I can update tomorrow.

Heather, the pic in your Avatar, I saw that book in Epatterns as an e-book. I really didn't want to buy another book, but it is so beautiful. Can you tell me if it was hard to do, before I buy it?:think

It had some tricky parts but they were easy to figure out I didn't have much trouble with it and after making an afghan with 12 of the squares I'm making 5 more for framing and a wall hanging. I love this square. :manyheart

my score was +4 and then I rolled 2 more balls from my "tangled lost hope basket" which as I keep rolling balls is now looking more like a gumball basket! I inherited 6 skeins so my score is now -6 for the week.

I started last night on the vest for Mom, and did about 15 rows. I will try to get a bunch done this morning at my crochet/knitting group. I love this time for myself.

Have a good weekend everyone.

:manyheart

It had some tricky parts but they were easy to figure out I didn't have much trouble with it and after making an afghan with 12 of the squares I'm making 5 more for framing and a wall hanging. I love this square. :manyheart

Thank You, you have convinced me to add another set of patterns to my collection.:hook:crocheting :yes.

Just a posting suggestion...would it be beneficial to post the date with the totals or the week ending date?

Sounds good to me, but I don't want to post any additional rules for everyone.

This isn't my thread, I am merely a score keeper. The hosts have to make that decision. It is something they might want to consider.

Thanks for the suggestion, and for trying to help me out. :)

I busted a skein today. I can't change my siggy for somereason so I'll have to try to remember to try to do that later. +2 for a wtd of +7 :yay

Did you change anything in the Options section of your user CP?

Just a posting suggestion...would it be beneficial to post the date with the totals or the week ending date?

It seems to me that if we are to put the date along with the weeks totals, that would be something else the score poster would have to look for, and something new members to the CAL would have to learn.

As long as the week's totals are posted on Friday or Saturday by the time limit in big bold letters and numbers, that should be enough.

Just my nickel's worth.....inflation and all :lol

Now, the reason I came to post:

I have been working out a new design today and I think I have it!!

I used a skein of cotton, so that puts me at +26 :eek

I"m having a great week :D

Must resist the urge to yarn shop tomorrow. Oh, forgot, I won't have time to shop....tomorrow is moving day (I hope).

Look what I found on the way home from work today (-11)

th_HPIM0032.jpg

It was sitting in this basket on the side of the road along with some books and clothing with a "Take away" sign on it. All abandoned and alone - I helped myself to the yarn and basket. Made me glad I decided to walk to and from the office for some exercise :lol It is mostly Caron Simply Soft - but I'm not sure what the blue and grey are. The grey is probably Red Heart and the blue feels like something inbetween.

Did you change anything in the Options section of your user CP?

I didn't but things could have gotten changed :lol I'll look. It just keeps saying something about a BB field being to big and I never change anything but the numbers in there so I don't know what the deal is.

Karen great find!! Poor yarn left abandoned. :(

I busted another skein of yarn so I'm up to +10 wtd :yay

I finished the afghan I made for my parents' 50th anniversary present. I made myself a pair of slipper socks. I am working on a cotton filet that I'm planning to use as a window treatment in my kitchen. I used one skein, and rolled 6 skeins into balls. This changes my count to Wtd of +8 and YTD of -11.

I also moved my stash to my china cabinet. I have my yarn on display. Why not! I think it's beautiful. I'm also more likely to use it if I can see it every day.

I busted another ball tonight +11 WTD. I probably won't get anymore done by tomorrows deadline but I'll post tomorrow my total just in case :lol

Nothing to brag about for this week. -2 Bought one skein of off white needed for my yo yoghan. Tried to finish a skein making a scarf, but just didn't seem to have much crochet time this past week. Next week will be better...I promise!!

Worked on Mom's vest last night. Started on front left side.

Used up one skein of yarn this week, so I am posting early.

5/31 wtd=+2 ytd+82

I'll try better next week.

:manyheart

didn't get anymore stashbusting done to get out of the negative for this week and it's my first time to end in the negatives

-6 for the week

I cleaned out my overstuffed yarn closet - giving away to the local charity drive yarn I was given and knew I never would use, balls of yarn I couldn't identify... The closet is STILL full!

And my score?

WTD: 125

I won't finish the three pounds cone of yarn I'm working with right now any time soon, particularly since I just started my first filet project. So I'll post now: WTD = +8, YTD = - 11

Thank you for the hard-working score keeper. :hugI never win, but keeping tabs on things keeps me on my toes.

Archived