2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished up two balls making NICU baby caps, and threw away a skein I was gifted. I never had a good look at this skein until today. I needed the color (beige) and when I grabbed it, a bunch of pieces of it FELL off. Sure enough, after rotating the skein around to get a look, the thing looked like it had been hacked with scissors and abandoned. Stinks I couldn't use it but hey I get another couple of points LOL.

So for this WTD I'm at +4.

I'm off to a good start this week, so far! :yes

I sold 9 skeins and 7 balls (plus +22) and bought 3 skeins of Sugar & Cream (-6). I probably wouldn't have bought it, but who can pass up the new Super Size skeins for $.97?? :eek All the neon/bright colors were that price. I might go back. :hook

I've been seeing the stashbusting scores on other threads and wondering how I get hooked up with this group. I found you!:) I'd like to join now if I'm not too late. I'm working on dishcloths and amigurumi for our garage sale in June, and I'm hoping to get through some serious stash in the process.

Well, I finally took the time to count my purchases (from on-line and stores) and now I'm really behind for the year. I purchased 35 skeins so I'm -70, OMG, I need to get really busy. Buying yarn is an addiction just like buying up paper for scrapbooking and card making:). I guess there could be worse ones to have.

I just received a ball of yarn :yarn I bought from Yarn Monkey so -1 for this week.

I'm not doing much "busting" as I am having a really hard time with pain. :ohdear

I am crocheting squares for charities :crochetingto feel immediate satisfaction of completed work, and not my projects, so using up a skein is taking a long time. :rant

The joy of donating is uplifting my spirits :c9 so my stashbusting score is the only thing truly suffering and losing!! :hook

Welcome Bean You can jump in anytime :D

I just packaged up another skein of yarn to send out for the karma swap on ravelry so another +2 I'll be finished with a ball soon too.

Well, used up another skein of cotton on that mystery project, so +2 and turned a skein of Simply Soft into a ball on squares (both for RAOKs and for myself) so another +1. :crocheting Brings me to +19 for the week so far! And I have grand plans to use up more, but we'll see what happens! :lol

I've been working 2 part time jobs, so I was too tired to :crocheting. I only used 1 ball since last week. I didn't get to post it by Sat., so I'll add it to this weeks score. I had Sun. off, and did a lot of :crocheting to catch up. I used 2 balls, 1 skein and rolled 1 skein :clap. + 6 so far :cheer. As soon as I get on a regular schedule with my jobs, I'll be able to do better.

WTD Score: +6

Ellie 13

I've used up 2 skeins on the latest ... although haven't done anything for the last few days :sigh

Welcome handcrafted! Just post your score in here on Sat by 8 eastern.

I bought a skein today for the 3 I needed yet on my CRW so -2. It's a lot easier to take that small hit a week :lol

Archived