Textured slippers, double thick version (pattern available)

Sonny321

It's not like I really NEED another pair of slippers, but when you are having a really cruddy day and all you really want to do is go out and console yourself with retail, shoe buying therapy.... only you're too broke to do so, all that remains is making yourself a sweet new pair of slippers.

So I reworked my Textured ballet slippers pattern. I wanted to make these nice and thick for winter because my toes turn to ice when the temperature drops, and I also wanted them to come up higher on my foot.

This is what I came up with. I'm quite happy and the foot that has the completed slipper on, is very toasty. just gotta finsh up the other one.

Really With some small adjustments for size and color, these are fairly unisex I think. Anyway here they are. I've written up the basic pattern if anyone is interested: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69825

( clicky pics)

th_IMG00156.jpg

th_IMG00157.jpg

th_IMG00158.jpg

I love them! I make a lot of slippers. Everyone seems to like them. I gave my friend 2 pair for an early Christmas present and she'll only wear one pair because she's going to completely wear them out and she'll have a backup pair. Silly thing doesn't realize that I'll make her another pair! LOL! Anyway, I really like your slippers and I'd be interested in the pattern when it is available.

Nice pattern. I would love to have that pattern if you are sharing it with anyone else.

I plan to post it to the Original patterns, I'm just waiting to get the results from the testers. It might be a week or two because some of my testers are finishing up some Christmas projects.

• 3 weeks later...

I LOVE these! I rarely crochet for myself, but after years in FL I'm soooo cold this winter. It's supposed to be very very cold tomorrow, and I'm going to make a pair of these for me! They look sharp! thanks for sharing your pattern!!

• 9 years later...

Archived