2008 CPAD, again

Finally gave in and bought one...actually, I asked a friend to see if there were any left at Sams, since she has a card and goes there fairly often. She managed to find one...so now if the publisher comes through and sends me my free copy, I'll have one to share..(I'm in it, I'm supposed to get it...so far, two emails, nothing)...anyway, I had to do a happy dance, seeing my patterns in print...one even on the back (the halter top)!

And I have to say Kathy, (katchkan) I loved all the patterns you had in there! The tissue holder is going to the top of my WIM list. And planetjune, your bear made it right near the front! all you other designers in there, who's names escape me right now....THANK YOU :clap my WIM list is ever longer! :yay:crocheting

I thought this year's was the best of the 3 so far (I have 06, 07 and now, 08) :):yes, some cute stuff I'll never wear, like the ripple dress (my shape no longer matches :lol)but lots of great designs.

I totally agree with you! I must add that it's refreshing to hear a positive review of the calendar as opposed to all the complaints. I for one am glad that Annie Modesitt does this and allows beginner designers like me in her calendar! I was beyond thrilled to get my copy and to see my pattern make the cover! It was the coolest thing ever! I know someday I'll be good enough and polished enough to make money off my designs but this really helps boost my confidence and even though there may be many patterns I'll never make, there are certainly enough to make it worth the cost (if I were to buy it.)

Last year I had the same problem with getting my copy. I ended up having to buy it. This year I didn't get mine either and I e-mailed someone and she personally sent me one. Send me an e-mail and I'll shoot you her info and hopefully she can help you as she helped me!

Could you tell me how much they charge for this generally. Amazon dot CA always prices it at $52.oo +

I am not paying 52 dollars for a calendar even if it is good to the end of the Millennial reign.

Darski, Bottom of mine said 14.99 US, 18.99 CA... 52 is a rip off, esp since you have to add shipping, and the CA dollar is actually better than the US at the moment. :)

Donnalynn, I emailed you.

CrisKad...you keep your copyrights. you're basically giving them permission for a "one time printing" use. Not a bad deal, really. And the requirements for submission seem quite relaxed, IMHO.

Could you tell me how much they charge for this generally. Amazon dot CA always prices it at $52.oo +

I am not paying 52 dollars for a calendar even if it is good to the end of the Millennial reign.

At Barnes & Noble they were $15 in the states. Typically B&N is the high end of the price range for books and such.

• 6 months later...

Hey, I just finally saw one of these, in a yarn store, near my office. I have a question. Of course, I want it. But i dont' know if I'll really make any of the patterns. I wish there was a way I could see pictures of the patterns.

It was so cool to see that on the door of the Yarn Store, There was a sticker saying something about it being a "crochet friendly store" (or something like it) the sticker's from interweave! :-)

I don't have one yet. I haven't been able to find any, anywhere. I have patterns I submitted but I can't remember if they are for the '08 or '09 calendar... :think

Tina

I don't have one yet. I haven't been able to find any, anywhere. I have patterns I submitted but I can't remember if they are for the '08 or '09 calendar... :think

Tina

Well, I just sent in a couple for the 2010 calendar, so think about 2 years out. The deadline for 2010 is Oct 2008...the 2009 calendar also comes out about that time. You should be able to check their website (http://www.knittingpatternaday.com/index.htm) for the table of contents for each year to see if your pattern made it.

HTH

Archived