Small Gift

lynned1952

I made this quick "Thank You" gift for my hostess on Thanksgiving and she just loved it......

Lg mason jar, 2 bags of M&Ms, cotton yarn, and 2 wooden beads

The pattern was a sm round mesh bag(ch4, sc) with a ruffle at the top

A crocheted chain for a draw string with wooden beads at each end.

thanksgivingday00001.jpg

That's soooo cool! You could use that for loads of things. I love the way yours looks, simple but elegant. It would be a neat way to 'jazz up' those mason jar gifts that are neat to begin with.... or wine bottles... hmm... you've got my fuzzy little brain a churning now! :lol

I like that idea alot. now what can I put in the jar for 50 presents!

Homemade cookies, homemeade fudge, christmas candy. OR that person favorite candy.

Years and years ago walmart came out with these big round clear cookie:cchip jars with colored lids and scenarys on the sides of the round cookie jars that was in in late July, some was fiesta like, others winters, other what ever I cannot remember them all. anyways when I saw those I thought hmm Christmas :ctree:gift......bought about 12 or 15 of them.

ok now several months later...... its :gift December I made about 6 batches of cookies:cchip different ones. And 3 batches of fudge--the old fashion kind, but I wrapped the fudge in suran wrap. After the jars was nice and dryed from the wash they got, I put the cookies in the jars and the wraped up fudge. Then.....I wrapped the jars with christmas paper. With an odd shape it was sorta hard but then I put the jar on the paper and then brought up the paper and put a ribbon around the neck of the jar to hold the paper there.

It sorta looked like a candy wrapper end. It sure was very pretty. Everyone loved :manyhearttheir christmas :ctree:gift gift and talked about it for years:yes...

What a cute quick and easy idea! I love it. hmmmm I might be able to use that for a gift swap with a group of friends...Ihave a guy, and no idea what to get him.... :think

I know I can see lots of uses! Thanks for sharing the idea with us

Archived