Yarn find!!

We went to our local gift shop/pharmacy type place tonight. They sell yarn too.

I didn't even go in to find yarn. They have a dollar store attached and I was going in there for padded envelope. DH found the yarn sale. HALF off. HALF!! So, I got a little cart and started to put some yarn in it. Then dh and ds came by and DH started putting yarn in the cart and pretty soon we needed TWO carts.

I got 22 skeins of the Homespun I like so much and 43 skeins of Red heart. These were FULL skeins too. We choose a good variety of colors and some ugly ones too. You know, that Blaze Orange color that hunters use? We got that!! LOL

I am the proud owner of 65 new skeins of yarn.

Give people a bit of your heart rather than a piece of your mind.

Helen Beam

My DH learned the value of a good deal. They had Lion Brand Homespun baby at our local dollar store. Maybe it was a dollar general. Anyway, I saw it and bought maybe 20 skeins and fell in love with it. We kept going back for more, and more and more. I think we spent 300 dollars on it and dh said we should have bought it ALL.

He enables me. LOL

Seriously, he wondered about it all until he saw that I actually do use all of this yarn. He knows I love to crochet and it really is my only "vice". He knows it makes me happy to crochet and give away too.

Besides, he buys wood for woodworking all the time too!! LOL

I need to start going to dollar stores....I've only ever bought yarn at Joanns, Michaels, and AC Moore. Good score!

I never thought of looking in dollar stores for yarn until someone here said that their local Dollar Tree had different brands of yarn for $1 a skein on a regular basis. The very first time I went to our Dollar Tree I found Lion Brand "Incredible" ribbon yarn! I bought 18 skeins - 9 in a mixed fall color colorway and 9 in a variegated blues colorway. It's really cool yarn. Now if I could just find a project to make with it. For that price, though, I couldn't pass it up! Even if it sits in my stash for months or a year, now I have it when something comes up that it's just perfect for!

Elle

my dh is also pretty understanding about all the yarn that has taken over several rooms in our house. sad thing is our dollar stores dont ever carry alot of yarn. i guess i need to look more often.

great find....

Go Mama! Great haul! I buy almost all my yarn at my local $ store. Most $ stores only carry small amounts of novelty yarns, but I get almost all my Red Heart and Lyon Brand at this one. They have everything from baby yarn on up to super bulky on occasion. I just wait and watch, and when something comes in I really like, I buy a lot, usually 20 skeins at a time. I love it!

I never thought of looking in dollar stores for yarn until someone here said that their local Dollar Tree had different brands of yarn for $1 a skein on a regular basis. The very first time I went to our Dollar Tree I found Lion Brand "Incredible" ribbon yarn! I bought 18 skeins - 9 in a mixed fall color colorway and 9 in a variegated blues colorway. It's really cool yarn. Now if I could just find a project to make with it. For that price, though, I couldn't pass it up! Even if it sits in my stash for months or a year, now I have it when something comes up that it's just perfect for!

Elle

I have used ribbon yarn to make my niece hats and a poncho. They turn out really cute.

What a great find on all your yarn Pam. I think that's really cool that your husband recognized that value.

Archived