Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Ines, sorry to hear that your Dad is having to go through so much. My parent, who had been healthy all their lives, have had a lot of health issues for the past few years, and I think the hardest thing is seeing how sad they get, when they get weaker and are able to do less than they used to. I have some idea of what you're going through so I'm sending you a big hug. Sending good thoughts for your dad's health to improve too.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning, everyone. I'm awake, but that's about it so far. :morcoffee It's chilly (42 degrees) and very windy today. Staying inside and warm are my goals for today. Yesterday I read a book instead of crocheting. :book Go figure.

Shelly - Sorry about your poor Dr. checkup. At least you didn't have to go into the hospital and with a little luck the new medicines will have you feeling great in jig time.

Shaylen - I sometimes add Echinachea to the mix when I just can't seem to get to feeling good. Took some this morning, in fact. It's an immune booster. I have been adding the vitamin C to my regimine, too.

Judy - Congratulations on Phil's good checkup. You both did great!:yay

Athba - Way to go, gal!:yay

Valerie - OUCH!!! 15 hours today. That's cruel and unusual punishment. That time off after Thanksgiving has to be looking better and better. Want to get together?

Julie - Hope Cam is bouncing back and feeling much better today. TLC by Grandma is always a big help when little ones aren't feeling well.:sick

I've got the Michael's coupon saved and all that yarn being 25% - 50% off is really tempting me. I am thinking that I'm going to have to break down and go check it out come Saturday. At those prices I can probably afford to get some of the yarn that is normally too expensive for my budget.:shop

Morning Ladies!

Ines, sorry to hear about your Dad's health issues. I'm going through something similar with my Mom. She has broken bones in her pelvic area that won't heal, so walking for her is pretty tough.

Sending good thoughts and hugs your way :hug:hug

Yesterday it was in the 60's here. A cold front moved in last night, I just looked out the sliding glass door and it is snowing :flake:flake:eek. It is so pretty, and I'm glad I am inside looking out. The ground is still too warm for it to stick. It is going to be a cold day :wbrr I dread going to work later. I'm glad I have warm, soft scarves.:wgrin

Okay, so I finally got someone to say that they'de take me to JoAnn's for that yarn. So as long as nothing gets in our way I will be getting my yarn tomorrow. :cheer

The LYS is only open on the weeekends & I am very impatient but I still have her as a back up if my ride falls through. :yarn

Morning ladies :flower

Tabby - Don't you hate having to rely on others to get anywhere? Makes me nuts :irk Told DH yesterday it might be time for me to try to drive again but I dunno.

Julie - Sure hope Cam's feeling better today :hug

Ines - Oh dear. I'm so sorry your dad's feeling poorly. Sending happy thoughts y'alls way :hug

Mel - Happy thoughts for y'all too :hug:manyheart

Valerie - Yes that is cruel and unusual punishment :grump Hang in there honey. It's almost vacation :hook

Judy - Good luck with the curmudgeon :lol

Today is my day out as well :yay But I bought all the fun stuff yesterday so today is bills and the market. Gotta eat to keep up my strength for crocheting :hook

Have a great day y'all :manyheart

Hi all, so much to read everyday, :lol. I read some stuff about Vitamin C in some of the posts. I am on a daily dose, recommended by my urologist. After 12 years on antacids, it turns out that the med also killed off alot of natural bacteria that protects women.

It seems that vitamin C is an astringent (sp?) that keeps harmful bacteria away. I also started developing heart issues from some of the pain meds I was on (yep, the ones that were in the news), so the C combined with E helps protect your heart (and is good for those with varicose veins). For the nasty heartburn I watch what I eat, (have to because of the diabetes) and pop a few soda crackers when it acts up. Used to do that when I was pregnant and couldn't do all those meds. It still works. Of course C isn't a magic pill, but I can't drink Orange juice or any of the Citris fruits (talk about burning), and this helps replace it. Nature Made has just come out with pills that replace nutrients that some prescription meds destroy. You should check it out, there are different kinds depending on the medicine you are taking. I thought alot of the hype about vitamins was a lot of blooey, but I am finding out that many of them work better than some of the prescriptions do. Don't take any vitamins without checking with your DR or pharmacist, cause they do interact with prescriptions. But many of them are important to our health, especially when we age.

I won't be going to work after all today. Right after I posted earlier this morning, my stomach decided to revolt. I've got the fever 'chills' (the creepy crawly feeling in my arms and legs), so I'm wearing a thick long sleeved shirt and my thick fleece comfy pants. I'm going to spend the day crocheting when I can, rest when i can, eat soda crackers and try to stay hydrated.

Well, I was dreading going out in the cold, so now I won't have to until tomorrow.

Mel~I sure hope you feel better soon!

Happyoldcro~That is some interesting info. I take alot of antacids and didn't know it could do that but it does explain somethings. I do take an over the counter prenatal vitamin, as we are trying for another baby, I would think that should take care of it. My heart burn/indigestion is hereditary my mom's whole side has it...isn't family wonderful. hehe

Mel

i`m so sad to read about your situation :(

i really hope you get better soon

take some rest and take it easy with everything don`t push over your self and we will be here for you any time :hug

Mel, I hope this is "only" the 24 hour bug...feel better:hug

Cara - I took charge with the curmudgeon. With me, I'm used to it, but when he dressed like a slob when his Great grandson visited....!!:eek

I went through his closets: threw out some things, took 2 sweaters home with me to be cleaned, gave him things for the wash (bought Shout, too), unwrapped shirts given to him YEARS ago and hung them up, and told him we were going shopping for more slacks next time I came down to see him.

He stopped protesting after a bit, sat back and just smiled in bewilderment as I threw things around like a mad woman:lol:lol:lol

Cara - I took charge with the curmudgeon. With me, I'm used to it, but when he dressed like a slob when his Great grandson visited....!!:eek

I went through his closets: threw out some things, took 2 sweaters home with me to be cleaned, gave him things for the wash (bought Shout, too), unwrapped shirts given to him YEARS ago and hung them up, and told him we were going shopping for more slacks next time I came down to see him.

He stopped protesting after a bit, sat back and just smiled in bewilderment as I threw things around like a mad woman:lol:lol:lol

Good for you!!! :tup

Mel - Sure hope you feel better soon hon :hug

Mel - Hope that you're feeling better already. Snow! Yikes! I'm sooooo glad I don't have to contend with snow, except on a very occasional basis any more. It doesn't snow often here and usually when it does Kim and I just watch it from inside the house and wait for it to go away which it does in just a day or two.

I won't be going to work after all today. Right after I posted earlier this morning, my stomach decided to revolt. I've got the fever 'chills' (the creepy crawly feeling in my arms and legs), so I'm wearing a thick long sleeved shirt and my thick fleece comfy pants. I'm going to spend the day crocheting when I can, rest when i can, eat soda crackers and try to stay hydrated.

Well, I was dreading going out in the cold, so now I won't have to until tomorrow.

Feel Good Soon...

Hi everyone, I have been trying to drop you a post but the post don't get through instead I am asked to log in again and again and again. Hugs:manyheart

Whereever its snowing can you send some downunder, I know it will have melted by then but at least we would then have rain. Its so hot here, I hate having to be cooped up in the airconditioning.

Ines sorry to hear about your Dad.

Mel hope your feeling better soon.

Judy Im glad Phil's checkup went well and he is fine.

Talk of yarn shopping had me going to the shops today and bought heaps. I have now hidden it in with my other yarn so no one will know the difference.:lol

[Valerie - OUCH!!! 15 hours today. That's cruel and unusual punishment. That time off after Thanksgiving has to be looking better and better. Want to get together?

Julie - Hope Cam is bouncing back and feeling much better today. TLC by quote]

LInda,

I would love to get together. My sisters are coming to visit for Thanksgiving weekend. I will get with you about a day the next week. I am tired but excited.:cheer

Morning ladies!

I got up at 5:30 this morning to start getting ready for work. I sat here and took a few sips of my soda (didn't want to try coffee). Well, to put it nicely, it didn't stay in me. So I will be off work again today. I hate missing work 2 days in a row, especially with only one week left before black Friday. I have so much to do to get ready for it, and now I'm 2 days behind. Oh well, hopefully someone else at worked stepped it up and did what I was doing (fat chance)!!

Hope everyone is in good health and has a great Friday!!

Good morning everyone.

Mel, I'm sorry that you are still sick. Hope you feel better soon.

I finally started the first sleeve of my cardigan. I had to rip out my first attempt, since I started from the wrong side, and it didn't look right. I still need to get out and get some buttons for it.

Tabby - Don't you hate having to rely on others to get anywhere? Makes me nuts :irk Told DH yesterday it might be time for me to try to drive again but I dunno.

Yes, and I ecspecially hate it when it's not a convienent time for them. The nerve of them actually having lives that doesn't consist of carting me around. Geesh! :reyes

:yes :yes :yes :yes I have been out driving a couple times this month. The whole backing up thing sucks & parking.....UGHHH! I'm not very good at it but then again it cause great anxiety for me so I don't do it very often. :worried

Mel,

Any chance you're pregnant? (sorry.. :rolleyes)

Didn't sleep well last night, so really tired tonight. DH goes hunting straight from work tonight, so I won't see him 'til Monday night. I have plenty to do, and lots of running around as well. No boredom here.

Finished the daisy afghan the other night, forgot to take pics. I'll get those today after shopping.

I'm thinking of going back to South Beach this weekend. I need to do SOMETHING, and WW is not the thing for me. SB has worked well for me, so I'm still thinking...

Well, have to get ready to grocery shop now. See y'all later. I'll get pics in somewhere.

Archived