Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Karen, that is gorgeous. Love the colors. So would my daughter :yes

I stopped at Hobby Lobby today on my way home from work to see if they had any new colors of 'I Love This Yarn'. They didn't, but I did find a few things in the clearance bin :lol

th_YarnBought111007.jpg

clickable

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mel you got a great haul there. I stopped at Hobby Lobby today and the only thing besides fun fur in their clearance section was some bright orange Sinfonia. I didn't buy it because I couldn't begin to imagine what I would do with it.

I can't remember who posted what, but I admired everyones work. I forgot to ask dh for the camera so is till don't have pictures.

Oooh, Tabby - I can't wait for the pictures! How's that Vanna yarn feel? I haven't seen it yet, so I wonder if it's as good as it is being hyped? I have plenty of yarn... Do NOT need more.

This autumn afghan is going to help me get a lot of skeins out of here. I just can't deal with that many colors in one afghan, but since it's not for me, hopefully the recipient will like it. It is absolutely HUGE, though - it's 53"x75", maybe more depending on how long it takes me to get the right number of stripes in the pattern down. I want to get it done early enough that I can sent it Parcel Post, because this baby is going to be HEAVY!

Karen, "pretty in pink"...the first words that came to mind when I saw your niece's ghan! So nice with the white!!

Everyone seems to be ghugging along - considering zthe holidays are speeding upon us, I'd say we're not doing too badly!

I'm almost done making a "thank you" for my SP...then I have time for ME (along with starting a pink Van Gogh comfortghan).

'Nite, ladies:hug

:hugEvening everyone

My day did not go as planned. My daughter's other half had to go to the emergency room and I had to run to my daughter's house to take care of my grandson and I had no crochet with me. What a bummer. On the cherry side he is okay, which I am glad for I do not want anything to happen to him. So here I am at 9PM and I did not achieve what I needed to do today. I can't cry over spill milk. LOL Thank you for all the replies on my ripple afghan. I love looking at everyones eye- candy. You are all amazing skilled crocheters and the work that you do with your hands are all beautiful. Hugs :manyheart

They all look so beautiful. Sorry I am heading in and spending some hubby time. (psst- he gets jealous with how much time I spend with ya'll) :cheer:clap:cheer:clap

Cheeria I am glad that everyone is ok. I just took my DH, she is 14 months, last night to the after hours pediatrician she was so bloated and in pain that they feared she might have twisted her intestines. She still has this stomach virus after 1 week. So we are keeping our eyes on her.:hug

Good night to all! Will see ya on Monday.:manyheart *Sunday is just worship and family day*

Thanks all for the compliments on my ghan, not exactly what I wanted, but certainly colorful. It is a true scrap ghan, made with odds and ends of what I had and what I got in a lot I won from an auction. Even the black (I am on 3rd skein) was 3 different brands.

Karen; that is a really nice girly ghan

SuperGrannie; it looks like it is shaping up very nicely, good color

Mel; Some nice scores from clearance...and you even got some matching colors too... Good Going

Cherilynn; I really like those brimmed hats, can't wear them though cause they sit down on my glasses and leave me very little face...

Cherilynn; I really like those brimmed hats, can't wear them though cause they sit down on my glasses and leave me very little face...

You knwo I thought that this was going to be an issue for me too, but it's actually not. I can raise the hat a bit on my forehead if I need to, but when I was wearing my glasses earlier I didn't even have to do that, it didn't get in the way! :)

Ashley...I have to put down my hook/the keyboard sometimes and have "hubby time" too....they are such needy creatures:lol

...and I second Krystal's suggestion: you may need a second opinion on the "stomach virus" - which can often be a catch-all diagnosis when the doctor hasn't a clue what's going on...

Cheeria, glad your son in lawbut was okay! I have a "go-to" bag for myself. Not with personal items...with a portable crochet project, just for those "down times"!!:D

Thanks for the comments on Hannah's blanket. It was a nice one :D The pattern for each of the squares was one row of dc and the next row was dc crosses (skip one dc, dc in next, then dc back into skipped dc and continue - does this make sense??)

I haven't done any work on my ME afghan since I am trying to get four sweaters for my nieces done for Christmas. Two are done and the other two are stitched together and are awaiting the trim. It shouldn't take too much longer to finish them up sompletely and they are ready to mail :clap Then I can work on ME

Karen your so quick with those sweaters you will be finished in no time.

Athba yes Im quite eager with this one and of course there is no joining so you gotta love that. Sounds like you need to rest and take it easy. Get comfy in a nice chair and put your feet up, or go take an afternoon nap.

Oooh, Tabby - I can't wait for the pictures! How's that Vanna yarn feel? I haven't seen it yet, so I wonder if it's as good as it is being hyped? I have plenty of yarn... Do NOT need more.

This autumn afghan is going to help me get a lot of skeins out of here. I just can't deal with that many colors in one afghan, but since it's not for me, hopefully the recipient will like it. It is absolutely HUGE, though - it's 53"x75", maybe more depending on how long it takes me to get the right number of stripes in the pattern down. I want to get it done early enough that I can sent it Parcel Post, because this baby is going to be HEAVY!

The Vanna yarn is beautiful & I love the way it feels. I did split a bit in the beginning & I found a huge fuzz ball in the middle of a skein when I was half way through a row. But I guess you gotta take the good & the bad.

I originally had the same plan as you, to make a planned scrappy blanket but all the talk about the Vanna yarn had me hooked. After this one I do plan on going back to doing the scrappy ghan. :yes

Karen, I've read patterns that had the same Xdc look...never done it,, but it looks like it makes for a wonderful texture.

Wendy, the Granny ripple...I've heard that before...I wonder if I have that in one of my books.:think

Just curious as to what it looks like....:D

****just found the granny ripple pattern....another great stash-buster!!

Cherilynn, can I ask where you got the pattern for the brimmed hat. I have to wear a hat when I go outside because of my acne rosacea so this would be perfect.

I purchased it from thnkdfrent, she has an etsy store, its called the crazy easy urban newsboy cap. I looked at her etsy store and she doesn't have any left in stock, I'm sure you could send her a convo.

Morning everyone. Thanks for all the compliments. I have to get back to my Christmas projects, so won't have time for any more ME projects for a while. I slept under my sunshine rr last night and it was nice and warm. Have a great day.:hug

Archived