Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Aww sounds neat, I have a pattern for a small football, never thought of putting a bell inside, you are so clever!!!

There's a pattern:think

:lol:lol

The bell was put in because it seemed boring otherwise:D

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning Ladies.

This thread sure has been quiet for a few days. Everyone must be busy with the hooks flying :crocheting

I've started another ripple ghan. I am buying a new couch and I need/have to have a new ghan to match it :yes. I'll post pics when all the colors I'm using are in it.

It is a good day for me to crochet today until Hilly's Therapy appointment....this is what I woke up to today.

th_022008snow.jpg

th_022008snow1.jpg

th_022008snow1a.jpg

clickable

It stopped snowing for a while, but it is starting up again. I hope this doesn't amount to much, since Hilly has her physical therapy later today.

Here are pictures of the ripple ghan I am making. I got a heck of a deal on the couch, and am just waiting on my income tax refund to get here so I can have the couch delivered. This should match perfectly.

th_ChocoCherryRipple1.jpg

th_ChocoCherryRipple1a.jpg

clickable

Pam, WTG on finishing!! We'll love to see pictures...:manyheart

Mel, that ripple is a pretty color combo - and since we haven't had any snow to speak of here in NJ I'll live vicariously through your pictures:yes

I'm working on the usual....not ME... projects. Maybe by next winter I'll have used the pretty red and white thin yarn my Fall SP sent me and make a delicate skinny scarf...for ME!

Pam, I must apologize for not commenting on your post. I completely missed it. Congrats on finishing you Lavender Lace Ghan. Would love to see a picture of it.

Judy, it looks like we have another storm brewing for Thursday night and Friday morning. I may have more pics for you to enjoy :)

Cindy and Judy, Thanks for the kind words :hug

Hi all, just stopped in for a quick hello. Been working away on other than ME things and avoid going out in the cold. Had some snow yesterday, but not alot.

Take care you guys, read that there are 64 more varieties of the flu out there waiting to snag us.

Take care you guys, read that there are 64 more varieties of the flu out there waiting to snag us.

Oh, goody:P

Keep well, everyone...I'll let you know when I finally get started back on ME projects...but I'm always looking in here, even if I don't always post.:manyheart

It looks like I may not be going in to work tomorrow afternoon. We are in the beginning stages of a marathon winter storm. We have picked up about 3 inches of snow since 3:00 this afternoon....add that to the 2 we got yesterday and we are up to 5 inches. They are calling for snow, then snow mixing with sleet, then freezing rain before it turns back to snow, then some rain, then more of a mix before it turns back to more snow. We may get accumulating ice which means some people will lose power. This storm looks like it may last into Saturday morning.

It is going to be a long night tonight and day tomorrow. Looks like great crochet weather :hook

Sorry I haven't posted in so long!

Here's the update on my project:

I finished the tote to put it in, I'm done with the back, and I have about 20 stitches to go on the left side of the front. I'm SO EXCITED!!!! I need to take some photos, but my sister is the only one in our family with a digital camera, and she's at college. I need to get me one LOL.

Sorry I haven't posted in so long!

Here's the update on my project:

I finished the tote to put it in, I'm done with the back, and I have about 20 stitches to go on the left side of the front. I'm SO EXCITED!!!! I need to take some photos, but my sister is the only one in our family with a digital camera, and she's at college. I need to get me one LOL.

WTG!!!:clap:clap:clap

Snowbound today, so lots of :crocheting ...and laundry. House is clean, so I have an easy day ahead of me.

Good Morning Ladies

We survived the winter storm we had. We ended up with 4+ inches of new snow, then added lots of ice on top of that. I took a snow day Friday since I was unable to get out of the apartment complex. I did make it to work Saturday....after taking 1/2 hour to de-snow and de-ice the car.

I got a lot of crocheting done the past few days. I finished my latest ripple ghan. I just have to tidy away the ends and wait for the camera batteries to charge before I can take a picture. I also found another skein of yarn to finish a RR I started last year, but I ran out of yarn with just 30 stitches to go :thair. I searched everywhere in the apartment for just a little more of the color with no luck. I was hoping to get it finished today. If I can find just a little more yarn, I can finish that row, then put the edging on it and it will be done. But till that time comes, I will put it back in it's WIP bag :grumpy:sigh

I'm off to search one more time, then I will decide what to work on next.

UPDATE: I found some of the yarn I needed:clap

I am now putting the edging on it and it will be done soon. I am so glad to get this thing done.

All the ends are tucked away and clipped off.

I finished both the RR and the Ripple.

Here are pictures of both of them. The colors didn't come out true, but it was the best I could do with the lighting today. It is a cloudy gloomy day.

th_CitrusFallGhan.jpg

th_ChocoCherryRipple2a.jpg

clickable for details

Now I'm off to see what I can finish next. It is a great feeling to get some of these done. I have 2 RR's to finish, but I don't think I have enough yarn to finish either one.

Those are both very nice color combos! Great job, what big projects!

Thank you.

Yes, they were big projects, and I hope I get to keep them both. My DS has asked me twice now for the RR :rolleyes

Out of the 19 RR's I've made, I haven't been able to keep one for myself yet.

Mel, WOW!:clap WTG on such pretty, FINISHED, ghans!

...I was out all day, so no :crocheting - FIL needed shopping, etc. Now I'm getting ready to see my son (the chiropractor). My upper back is really acting up and needs attention. If I sit for a while and then get up...it's an "owie" as the kids say. Sweetie is staying later so he can take care of his old mom:manyheart

Thanks Judy and Cindy.

I am definitely keeping the Choco Cherry Ripple. As for the RR, if my DS keeps pestering me for it, I may have to break down and give it to him for his Birthday. Then again, if I hide it every time he comes down from school, maybe he will forget about it......out of sight, out of mind so to speak :D

I feel a lot better after heat, stim and TLC:manyheart

Off to take a nice warm shower and continue that good feeling.

'nite, my friends:hug

Hi All,

Mel the ghans are great, I am partial to the RR, nice colors that remind me of the summer.

Judy, hope you feel good now. I have spurs growing into my spinal column and was advised not to let a chiropractor play with my neck. I don't know why, but I know I was scared enough to listen.

Just finished putting last of the 100 squares together on the baby ghan and I am doing the border. Also on row 36 of the shawl I am making, hope to finish that one by tomorrow. Then I am starting a ME purse. (in addition to working on my mini teddies and a lacey scarf).

Hi All,

Mel the ghans are great, I am partial to the RR, nice colors that remind me of the summer.

Judy, hope you feel good now. I have spurs growing into my spinal column and was advised not to let a chiropractor play with my neck. I don't know why, but I know I was scared enough to listen.

Just finished putting last of the 100 squares together on the baby ghan and I am doing the border. Also on row 36 of the shawl I am making, hope to finish that one by tomorrow. Then I am starting a ME purse. (in addition to working on my mini teddies and a lacey scarf).

100 squares! Wow - gonna share pics on the SKY CAL?

Still no ME project in sight...soon, I hope.

When DS was in school and we visited his instructor told him not to do my neck....after a certain age I think too much can happen, even though chiropractors have the lowest malpractice insurance rates of anyone else in the health professions...so I've been told.

He does a lot of physical thrapy type of treatment, in addition to the traditional "bone cracking". had another visit today, and I think that should take care of the problem - it was upper back (muscular/skeletal).

Archived