Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Judy, I have plenty of projects to do, both big and small. I am working on a scarf right now, have some dishcloths to make and a few ghans to do as well. I was hoping that since the snow has started that the aches would go away. But since this is going to be such a long storm, I think I will aching for a long time.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hug:heart:hug:heart:hug

I'm so sorry for all your suffering.... but sweetie... you definately have many blessing to count. At least you are at home and not hooked to machines in the hospital... and you have all your toys around you that you can keep you company and occupied!

You can bet I will be saying some prayers for you hon! Its not fun to be knocked down!

Take care... dont over due... but never give up.

lots of love ... huge hugs and plenty of prayers.

:mug

:hug:heart:hug:heart:hug

I'm so sorry for all your suffering.... but sweetie... you definately have many blessing to count. At least you are at home and not hooked to machines in the hospital... and you have all your toys around you that you can keep you company and occupied!

You can bet I will be saying some prayers for you hon! Its not fun to be knocked down!

Take care... dont over due... but never give up.

lots of love ... huge hugs and plenty of prayers.

Thank you :hug

I was feeling really down earlier when I realized that I won't be able to go out and play in the snow with Hilly and enjoy the snow. We have been waiting years for a storm like this. But then I got to thinking that it could always be worse, so that lifted my spirits a bit. I will just lay here and watch the snow and crochet.

I'm being a good girl and only getting up to go to the potty and to get something to eat of drink. Oh, and to take the occasional picture of the snow. Hilly will be home from school soon. They are sending everyone home a lot earlier than originally planned. The roads are getting bad.

Mel, one of my favorite things about snow is sitting in a warm house and watching it. Its so pretty, and even though its a nuisance, at least it is only temporary.

Keep taking care of your self!

They just gave an update on our snowfall totals. It keeps going up and up. The break we were suppose to get today isn't going to happen. The gap in the radar filled in and if it keeps up like this, we are looking at a record breaking snowstorm. We have 3 inches already with no end in sight for hours and hours. We've had about an inch an hour so far, with no signs of letting up.

Hilly is going to a friend's house in a little while, so she will be able to have fun out in the snow with her friends. She will be spending the night with her. I told her to pack for at least 2 days. Even though they just live less than a mile away, if this monster storm does what they say, she may not get home till Sunday at the earliest. She is like a little kid knowing she can play in it.

Now we just have to worry about losing power if we get the amount of snow they are calling for. That would be a lot of weight on the power lines, not to mention the high winds added in for good measure.

But it sure is pretty outside right now.

Poor Mel, at least Hilly is there for you. How is she doing with her leg?

I don't know how people who don't do needlework manage when they are bedridden. I would be so lost without my crocheting.

th_Themostrecent1stQtrFOs.jpg

Here is a pic of some of my latest projects. Descriptions of what they are is in this cal

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1185203&posted=1#post1185203

Feel better soon Mel, I have to go to Drug Store to refill some prescriptions, so will try and stop back tonight.

:hugs all

I don't know how people who don't do needlework manage when they are bedridden. I would be so lost without my crocheting.

Here is a pic of some of my latest projects. Descriptions of what they are is in this cal

Feel better soon Mel, I have to go to Drug Store to refill some prescriptions, so will try and stop back tonight.

Thanks Carol.

Hilly is much better. She is still going to therapy but is out of her brace most of the time now. I told her to make sure she takes it with her when she goes to her friends house so that when she is out in the snow, she has extra protection on the knee.

You have done some gorgeous crocheting lately. Love it all :manyheart

WE ARE UNDER A BLIZZARD WARNING UNTIL TOMORROW NIGHT :eek

The snow amounts keep getting raised. Latest I heard is 15 to 18+ inches :2snow

Carol, you've doen some pretty really pretty crocheting!!:clap

Mel, the last time we saw a blizzard like the one coming your way was the first winter we lived here in our house (nearly 32 years ago) and we got 17 inches. The plows didn't get to our street for 2-3 days! That was when we learned to always have lots of extra supplies in the house for winter.

We had one in 96 (I think) that came close...I had to shovel a path for our German shepherd to go out ---- from INSIDE the house and outward!

WE ARE UNDER A BLIZZARD WARNING UNTIL TOMORROW NIGHT :eek

The snow amounts keep getting raised. Latest I heard is 15 to 18+ inches :2snow

:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek Keep safe and warm, Mel.

Carol, you've doen some pretty really pretty crocheting!!:clap

Thanks Judy, winters keep me pretty much house bound, so I try to keep busy.

Carol, the above are beautiful. I love the pastel spread on the bottom right. That is gorgeous!!!

Hi all .......I have been MIA recently but I have been continuing with my projects. Recently I went through my stash and reorganised it. While I was doing that I dug out all the WIPS I had in different bags and decided to complete a few. Some I have frogged and rethought the project, others I knew I would never complete so I made some decisions. I have made cushions and have 2 more afghans on the go.

So now I have a Warm Wave that is 3/4 complete and 2 others that are sitting there waiting for me to work the borders.

THE BABETTE was 1/2 way completed when I decided I did not like it so I frogged and reworked until I came up with BABETTE's cousin.

The cushion cover was going to be an afghan and was sitting there patiently in a bag.... I had only made 9 motifs so this is becoming a cushion. I am about to joint the back to the front piece.

.... and... l too found a half finished RR. That is next on the Finish this WIP list:yes

Here is the WANNABE Babette that decided to go her own way:

2844330850058018460ZssLDN_th.jpg

The cushion:

2827675680058018460YlwVTJ_th.jpg

Ines, I love Babettes cousin! It's a no brainer and great stash buster...and the pillow is pretty - did you make up your own square pattern for that?

:thinkIs it too late... or is this gotten too involved for me to join in now?

I had decided that since this was National Crochet Month... I was going to make something for "ME" So seeing this thread ... I thought it a good place to share and encourage.

Tam, it's never too late around here. We're all at various stages of projects, esp since the Secret Pal swap is on full blast right now.

What are you thinking of making for yourself? If your not sure, Post 1 has lots of links for you to check out.

Ines I love the Babette Cousin. It is so pretty. I wish I had the patience to make something like that. Love the cushion too. Great job on both.

Tam Welcome. Can't wait to see what you decide to make for yourself.

The blizzard has come and gone. It left us with over a foot of snow with drifts to 2 feet plus. I decided to document the storm from start to finish with pictures. I have taken 142 pictures so far. And now they are saying we can get a couple more inches tonight. Oh well, what is a couple more after 12+ inches :lol

I'm still on bed rest. My back and leg were feeling better until I got up this morning. My leg is doing some funky stuff this morning. I am thinking that when I rolled over on my side that my leg was still on the pillows and it was at an awkward angle. Hopefully it will calm down soon.

I have made a bunch of scarves and am deciding what to work on next. I think it may be my next RR.

Have a great day Ladies.

Ines, I love Babettes cousin! It's a no brainer and great stash buster...and the pillow is pretty - did you make up your own square pattern for that?

Hi Judy!

Thanks for the lovely comments. I decided the babette was not for me so then I had to do something with the squares. My daughter likes it so she will probably keep it.

Yes the motifs for the pillow were something I did. As usual though I did not write the pattern so I was lucky that there were 9 in number and it saved me trying to read what I had done.

Hi Mel.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling the best. I hope today is a better day for you.

I am working on a few things at the moment. I am trying to complete WIPS ... that will go on for ever as I often have a setback and start something new.:eek

At the moment I have a RR that I was so close to finishing when I noticed I had made a mistake 2 rows back so that one is resting at the moment. I am also working on a few scrap afghans and tonight I am completing the cushion.

Carol, the above are beautiful. I love the pastel spread on the bottom right. That is gorgeous!!!

Thank You, your Babette's cousin is lovely, and so is the pillow.

:yes

:hugThanks everyone ... I'm really excited I get to play along with you all!

Okay.... here's the deal... I've already started my "ME" project. I'm making myself a sweater. I have never made myself anything... oh.. okay.. I take that back... I think I did make a couple pair of slippers. But I guess nothing real major... ya know. Now dont get me wrong... I live to make things for others! Its where I get my true joy of crafting. But anyway.... like I said... in honor of National Crochet Month... I thought this would be the time to get in One thing for me. So.... if you want ... you can take a peak at my progress on my new little blog. Coffee n' Crafts I've since added a few rows.... but had to put it down to put some rows on other things. Need to spread my time evenly among my projects ya know... hehehe

Thanks again for letting me join along!

Hi, It's been ages since I checked in! I haven't made anything for me in quite a while but I am going to start the Tie Front Sweater from the Positively Crochet book and it's definitely going to be for me. I got some gorgeous variegated yarn from our LYS, on sale, that will be perfect. I'm hoping to start it by Wednesday!

Kim

:hugThanks everyone ... I'm really excited I get to play along with you all!

So.... if you want ... you can take a peak at my progress on my new little blog. Coffee n' Crafts Thanks again for letting me join along!

Tam, I just luv all your projects, and I think your blog is wonderful. I enjoyed all of it. Wish I had enough pc knowledge to do a blog, but I am just not all that computer literate. So glad you joined, a lot of lovely ladies in here....

Hi, It's been ages since I checked in! I haven't made anything for me in quite a while but I am going to start the Tie Front Sweater from the Positively Crochet book and it's definitely going to be for me. I got some gorgeous variegated yarn from our LYS, on sale, that will be perfect. I'm hoping to start it by Wednesday!

Kim

Hi Kim, nice to see you doing something for yourself. You do such nice work, you deserve it. I have a tie front sweater pattern that was on a tear off from the yarn section in Joann's. But I am one of those folks who have an upside down pear shaped body,:D and I am afraid that it would tend to accent an area I really don't want highlighted, :lol. It looks so nice on the model. I am still tossing the idea around, maybe if I made it in a dark color? :think

Good Afternoon Ladies.

Well, this is day 5 of bed rest and I will be down until at least Wednesday :(

I called the Doctor to give them a progress report and was told to stay on bed rest a few more days. I am starting to go bonkers just laying here for this long, but it could be worse.

I am so glad I have my crocheting and a big yarn stash to help me from going stark raving mad :lol I alternate crochet, TV, bird watching and napping.

I have made scarves, a neck wrap, dishcloths, finished the Baby RR and finished a lapghan. I have started a RR for Hilly and I. I alternate a big item with a little one.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Archived