Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you all are so darn sweet!!!:manyheart

Thank you so much for the compliments and encouragement!!!

I have to admit.... I'm really pleased at how it came out... how it fit.. and that I got it done in time!

I'm definately going to finish my first original sweater and enjoy it!

:mug

:turtle

Judy, you were really bad dragging me to AC Moore yesterday, I'm glad I was able to restrain myself so admirably...oh wait...I did cave in and buy some yarn. oops. Well, it was FUN. Thanks.

It was fn, wasn't it?? At least you spied the sale rack and saved us BOTH some money!!:lol

Howdy ladies :D

I haven't been on in a few days because I was on the heavy duty pain pills again. I took a tumble Wednesday morning, so the heavy duty pain meds were in order. I'm still on bed rest. I am going a little nuts now. 4 weeks of doing nothing is driving me close to the edge. I am a very independent person, and having to rely on people is hard for me to deal with.

I am doing what the Doctor said (which is basically that I can't do much but lay around) and the pain is less, but now I am dealing with numbness, and that is why I took a little tumble. So now I am extra careful when I stand up. I did cheat yesterday and I went out. A friend picked me up and we went to lunch with my DS and my future DIL for his 21st birthday. We had a great time, but they wouldn't let me stay long so I could get back home and on the couch.

Here are pics of the ghans I have made. I have a ripple finished but haven't taken pic of it yet and I have another one in the works right now, but I don't think I will have enough yarn to make it the size I want.

th_SweerMocha.jpg th_SandyBeachesHomespun.jpg

th_HighSierraCountryRoseRichHeathers1.jpg th_HighSierraCountryRoseRichHeathers.jpg

All Clickable for details

Beautiful ghans, Mel!! I'm partial to the RR...it came out nice and big - wonderful work as always:clap

PS...my nervous energy goes into crocheting, too.

Beautiful ghans, Mel!! I'm partial to the RR...it came out nice and big - wonderful work as always:clap

PS...my nervous energy goes into crocheting, too.

Thank You :hug

I love the RR the most too. I finally have my own RR :clap. After making 20+ RR's, it is so nice to have my own.

I am looking forward to the day where I can sit in a chair or walk across the room with no pain or numbness, but I have a feeling that day may never come. The Doctor told me that I am now disabled, and that my work days are numbered, if not already over. I will most likely be starting the paperwork for my short term disability at work next week. I was hoping not to have to do that yet, but no income coming in for 2 weeks and none in the near future (except for child support) is not going to work.

I have been really depressed this week, then the fall didn't help matters either. Getting out yesterday helped some, but once I was back home, the depression came back. I don't get many calls or visits since everyone is afraid they will 'bother' me or wake me up. If it wasn't for the 'Ville and all my crochet buddies here, reading all the posts and seeing all the beautiful creations the talented people here make, I think I would be in a lot worse shape than I am. Hopefully when Hilly comes back home tomorrow night, I will not be so depressed.

Sorry to ramble on like that. Sometimes I get a little 'talkative' and say more than I intended to :D

Mel, sorry to hear you took a tumble. Please be very careful. The last thing you need is something else happening. If the numbness is that bad, maybe it would be worthwhile to consider some sort of walking aid, like a cane or a walker.

I can understand you feeling depressed. When I hurt my back it was only about 4 weeks of discomfort bad enough to take pain meds, ( I was back to work after 3 weeks) and I knew all along that it would get better. And still, I was depressed. I understand about wanting to do things for your self, and being unable to do them. Sending hugs.

Your RR is just gorgeous. I'm so glad you're finally getting to keep one.

Pretty rug and blanket too.

Thank you Cindy :hug

I guess I should have said that I am walking with either 1 or 2 crutches (depending on how I'm feeling) or a cane. I usually reach for the crutch(s) more than the cane since I feel more secure using the crutch(s). I was using the cane when I was getting up and fell, so I rarely use the cane now, especially when getting up. The handle on the cane doesn't feel right in my hand, and I think that is the main reason I fell. The next time I get out (hopefully tomorrow so I can get to the store with DS) I am going to look for a better cane. The one I have is a cheap one so I am going to look for a better (and prettier) one. If I am going to have to use a cane, I can at least make it an accessory :lol

The depending on other people to do most of what I once did is hard to deal with, but I am getting better at it. Being a single mom for 16 years makes one become very independent, and it is hard to have to rely on others. Add that to the fact that there is no income right now and I may never work again leads to massive depression. I am not one to just lay around and do nothing, and 4 weeks straight of it is about to put me over the edge. I do what I can around the house (which isn't much) and I make sure not to overdo it. That helps a little, but not much. At least the weather is getting warmer so I can open the sliding glass door and hearing the birds chirping all day helps a little too.

Oops, I rambled again. :blush

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, haven't been in here much, been busy making craft fair stuff, then my DSIL (the one I made the prayer shawl for) passed away, which put me in a big funk. Finally feeling a little more stable (for lack of a better word), and back to my crocheting routine.

Mel, how terrible, please take care of yourself. Sounds like you have some nerve damage. :hug

On a brighter note, I really love your ghans. The colors are beautiful. And the homespun one looks great on the new couch. Let me know if your stash runs low and you need something, I will be happy to get it for you, if you can wait for the mailman.:manyheart

DH has been exceptionally good to me lately, and even asks if I need something from the stores that sell yarn.:yes Not sure if it's because I am doing the fair and attempting to sell the stuff I make (and he knows I only pay bargain prices), or talking to his brother has made him think about if I weren't here, either way it works for me...:clap no more yarn police.

Hope to be back on me projects after the fair.

You are right, Mel, our crochet sisters are our sanity.

Take care all, "see" ya soon.

Carol, I'm sorry about your DSIL...it sounds like she was the sort of lady who will truly be missed:hug

...and with (it seems) all of our friends or their spouses dealing with the big C within the past year...there isn't any yarn police here, either... It's a shame it takes that...though DH always appreciated me - and told me- but lately he's holding on really tight...

I had a whole reply ready to post, then one of the cats got tangled up in the wires and my computer froze. Let's try this again.

Carol, I was so very sorry to hear of the loss of your DSIL. My deepest sympathies to your and your family:hug:hug

Thanks for the kind words. They mean so much to me. The homespun ghan is from your yarn. Everyone that sees it and feels it wants it, but it is MINE :hug. I went a different route on the shawl, so I put the homespun to good use.

Judy, I know what you mean about friends dealing with the big C. It seems that it is affecting everyone and there is no escaping it anymore.

The only yarn police I have is my lack of funds :lol

I think that when I had my first epidural something got nicked and that is what it causing the numbness. The pain is gone, but this numbness is driving me nuts. It is hard to walk when you can't feel your foot. I was scheduled for my second one tomorrow, but it has been rescheduled for next Friday. I hope that one goes better. So for now I am still on the couch spending my time watching TV and crocheting.

All of my paperwork for my leave of absence is done, so that is all taken care of. I was also approved for short term disability. And I was surprised to hear that it was retroactive to my first day off of work. It was a pleasant surprise to say the least. It is nice to know I will have money coming in again, since I have had no income for 1 1/2 months and I have a sweet DD that has a habit of liking to eat :lol:lol. When the doctor filled out my paperwork for my disability, he put my return to work date for August 1, but that it is subject to change to never :eek. I guess that covers all the bases.

With all the ghans I have been making, I have hardly put a dent in my stash. My main problem is that I don't have a lot of any specific colors, so if I want to make something big in one color only, I will have to wait till I get out shopping. And I am going to have to get creative on how/where to put my yarn stash when we move. We are downsizing to a little smaller apt. here in the complex. We are going from a 2 bedroom to a 1 bedroom with a den. I am taking the den and giving Hilly the bedroom. My room will be half the size it is now. Then when Hilly moves out, I will take over the bedroom and turn the den into a guest room/craft room. We just have to wait for one to be available on the ground floor, and we have no idea when one will be available, but we are first on the list for one. Brittany (the assistant manager) is taking good care of us and getting us one of the 'good' apartments. Hilly isn't real happy about moving but with it saving me a good chunk of money, she will have to deal with it. I need to save as much as I can right now.

I am now working on a RR for Brittany. She just moved and she needs a new RR to match her new color scheme. It is almost done. Plus I am making squares for the comfortghan that is being made for the 2 firefighters that were tragically killed in a house fire nearly 2 weeks ago here in our area. It was heartbreaking to watch the funeral on TV, but the outpouring of support was unbelievable. There were firefighters here from all over the country as well as Australia, the UK, and a few other places. There were thousands of firefighters that came to show their support. Being the mother of a firefighter, I couldn't help but think that one day that may be my DS, and I pray that day never comes.

OK, I think I have bored you all long enough. I need to get the hook flying and get a few more squares done so I can get them laundered and sent out soon.

Carol, so sorry to hear about your dsil. My sympathies o you and your family.

Mel, what good news about the disability. I know that will be a lad off your mind. I hope a smaller apartment is available for you soon, and that the moving process goes smoothly.

Mel, keep that hook flying...shwoing others how much we care is what most of us on this site are all about...and if you need certain colors you're out of to complete a project just give a shout and I'll check my yarn store in the garage:lol That's great news about the disability being retroactive. For a change the good "guys" won one.

:hug:hug

Well............ I made myself another wearable. :yay

I'm really happy with it ... and having fun making stuff for myself.

DCP02400.jpg

I want to make a tank top for myself next.... but I need to fill more of my charity square commitments first!!

Judy and Cindy, thank you for the kind thoughts. I think being anxious to "see" my friends on the ville helped me to get on with life.

Tam, nothing says it better than "WOW"!! I like it, alot.

Mel, so glad you can breath easier. Nothing like financial stress to make things worse.

At least that part is covered. I am sure your DD is getting mature enough to cope.

We always tend to think of our "babies" first. Youngsters are resilient, and get over stuff fast. She loves you and that will be her priority. She will realize that what you do benefits her too in the long run.

I hope you have plenty of muscle help for the move. Even though it isn't far, you certainly can't do it all yourself.

Isn't it odd how numbness can be scarier than pain? Please take care.:hug

*blushing* awwwwwww........ thank you for the lovely compliments. :hug

It sure does an ego good.... :U

Its so nice to hear from others that your work is good!

have a great evening ladies!

Archived