Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

Hi, It's been ages since I checked in! I haven't made anything for me in quite a while but I am going to start the Tie Front Sweater from the Positively Crochet book and it's definitely going to be for me. I got some gorgeous variegated yarn from our LYS, on sale, that will be perfect. I'm hoping to start it by Wednesday!

Kim

I'm so glad to hear you are taking the time to make something for YOU! Everyone needs to make something for themselves from time to time. Can't wait to see pictures. I bet it will be gorgeous done in variegated yarn.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm so glad to hear you are taking the time to make something for YOU! Everyone needs to make something for themselves from time to time. Can't wait to see pictures. I bet it will be gorgeous done in variegated yarn.

Thanks Mel! I hope you're feeling better soon!:waving

Kim

Hi Kim, nice to see you doing something for yourself. You do such nice work, you deserve it. I have a tie front sweater pattern that was on a tear off from the yarn section in Joann's. But I am one of those folks who have an upside down pear shaped body,:D and I am afraid that it would tend to accent an area I really don't want highlighted, :lol. It looks so nice on the model. I am still tossing the idea around, maybe if I made it in a dark color? :think

Thanks Carol! Like you, I love everything I make but most times it's for someone else or the style just isn't me. I love making the real feminine stuff but I mostly wear jeans, boots and a shirt, I'm just not the frilly type. The sweater pattern I have has a bottom section that extends down from the yoke/tie area so it will cover my hips. Definitely a plus in my book!:yes

I bet you could make that pattern work for you!

Kim

Tam, your sweater is looking really nice. I like all the other crafts you've done too.

Thank you so much......... I appreciate the compliment!

Tam, I just luv all your projects, and I think your blog is wonderful. I enjoyed all of it. Wish I had enough pc knowledge to do a blog, but I am just not all that computer literate. So glad you joined, a lot of lovely ladies in here....

You are too sweet! Thank you for the compliments!!

I'm really glad I joined in too! I have been working on my sweater in between other projects. Its coming along just fine. I will post an update tomorrow.

Many Blessings to you all

:mug

Hi Ladies :D

Sorry it has taken me so long to post an update. I am still laid up. I had the dreaded epidural on Thursday. It was not a piece of cake like I hoped it would be. Since I have the rod in my back that goes down to right above where I am having all the trouble, it was a kinda difficult procedure (to put it mildly). The Doctor warned me that I would be a little more sore than most people since it took longer and he had a rough time of it, and that since I am in such bad shape, it may take up to a week to feel relief. So I am still camped out on the couch for the most part. I am still taking my pain pills and muscle relaxers, and I have a Doctor's appt. on Wednesday. I am walking with a crutch (I hate using 2) when I have to do any walking since my leg still hurts and wants to buckle, but not as much.

I finally got to go out today. Granted, it was to take Hilly to her Physical Therapy, but I was out for the first time since Thursday. It was nice to see other humans :lol

I have done a lot of crocheting. I had 11 skeins of Patons Bohemian sitting here, so I made a Ripple Ghan out of it. I need to weave in the ends and take pictures of it. It is so soft. I really liked working with that yarn, and I hope to get more of it. I then started another 2 strander ghan on Friday night. I did 2 rows of it, then went to sleep. When I started working on it Saturday, I realized that since I was using a P hook instead of a Q hook, it was too narrow, so I frogged it and started over. I have been wanting to make this pattern for quite a while, and finally decided to tackle it since I have so much time on my hands. It is from the book Afghans For All Seasons. I hope to have it done tonight, I am also still working on the RR for Hilly and I, along with dishcloths/washcloths when I need a small project.

I hope everyone is in good health and the hooks are flying.

Judy, Thanks for thinking of me and asking how I am doing. :hug

Sorry this post ended up being so long. I guess I rambled a bit, didn't I :blush

Thank You Cindy :hug

If it wasn't for the "Ville, all of my buddies here and my crocheting, I think I would have gone over the edge by now. That is the only thing that is keeping me from going bonkers, but I am close, real close. I am not one to lay around and do nothing. Hopefully the end is near, but the way the leg is feeling, who knows what I will find out Wednesday.

Mel, it's so good to hear from you!! :crocheting has saved my sanity more times than not... Which pattern from the Afghans for All Seasons are you making? I have that book and drool over the patterns....:hook

Kathy - you know where I'll be in the morning;) Let me know what you're going to do...

Bree, welcome! I'll put the link to that pattern on Post one. Good luck with it!

If it wasn't for the "Ville, all of my buddies here and my crocheting, I think I would have gone over the edge by now. That is the only thing that is keeping me from going bonkers, but I am close, real close. I am not one to lay around and do nothing. Hopefully the end is near, but the way the leg is feeling, who knows what I will find out Wednesday.

Mel, I'm so glad that we are helping you through this tough time.

Mel, it's so good to hear from you!! :crocheting has saved my sanity more times than not... Which pattern from the Afghans for All Seasons are you making? I have that book and drool over the patterns....:hook

It is called Rich Heather, on page 128.

It is the book with the white and green afghan on the front, copyright 1993. I believe it ts the first book in the series.

I didn't use those colors, even though I really like them. I had 2 Caron one pounders of Country Rose and 6 skeins of I Love This Yarn High Sierra Ombre, so that is what I used. I really love this one, and I know I will be making more of them. I may even try using the Q hook like the pattern says to use, since I found my Q hook. I am not putting the fringe on it, since I have cats and if you are a cat owner, you know that cats + fringe = a HUGE mess :lol

That's a beautiful pattern, Mel! I agree with not doing fringe - just on principle. I find it gets tangled, etc.

I have a new book, Afghans for All Reasons and All Seasons... from LA... mostly because Carl Ventura has a round tapestry ghan in there...but I love most of the patterns in there....

Okay... so remember that sweater I was making myself.........................?

Well.......... I have been working on it... but um.... well... you see.... I ... um........ got a little side tracted.:think

okay..okay...okay............. so maybe not side tracted. More of a case of my designer voice in my head bugging me while I was trying to work on my sweater.

Anyway.... I started a new sweater yesterday ... to have done by Easter. YES!! I know... I've lost my mind. :eek

I have 95% of the body done and then I need to do the sleeves. So wish me luck... say a prayer... send some encouragement... anything! I would love to have this done to wear for Easter.

I need to find the 'off switch' to that voice in my head. sheeeeeesh

I posted a pic of my 'first' sweater on my blog if you want to peek at how its coming along. I'll post a pic of this new sweater later after I have worked on it a bit more.:crocheting

Tam, you are officially one of us now...when you start hearing voices and dreaming of yarn (me:P) you know you have it bad!

It sounds like you'll be finished in plenty of time!:hug:hook

Tam, you are officially one of us now...when you start hearing voices and dreaming of yarn (me:P) you know you have it bad!

It sounds like you'll be finished in plenty of time!:hug:hook

*Whew* what a relief to know I'm not alone. Wait..... I'm not sure thats really a good thing... that means there more yarn-o-holics like me.... that have voices in their heads... hehehehehhee

Thanks for the vote of confidence though... appreciate it!

Tam, you must crochet very quickly. It sounds like you will easily have that sweater done by Easter.

You know... I crochet as fast as I "have" to. If I know I have time... I will do just that... take my time... but if I have a moment like this one ... I think I actually crochet in my sleep to get it done. Wait... sleep? hmmm?

:yayI did it................ got my Easter sweater DONE!

Pics on my blog. Nothing fancy... but MINE.

hmm... now back to the original sweater... hehehehehee

Archived