Join Us for the "ME" CAL!

judianne

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WDILT? If your grandbaby wants you to feed him dinner at the China King on Monday, on Tuesday he will have strep throat and by Tuesday night yours will be hurting, too.

Yuppers, Cyncere wanted his nana (that would be me) to hold him and feed him dinner last night. Today AJ was sick, and while waiting to be seen, Cyn started getting the fever too; so they're both on antibiotics for strep. Then dd goes to her doctor...strep AND pharyngitis, so I'm doomed.

WDILT: Ther are more names for Gramma than you can imagine... I'm Gramma, my mother is big gramma , my sister is Ya Ya, my grandgirl's other gramma is Noni, a friend of mine is NANA and there are many many more... but they all mean ONE THING unconditional LOVE..

off to watch Terminator 2 and make squares

Morning all

Welcome, Pam-- that afghan pattern is beautiful. Have you been working on it awhile or just starting ?

This is a fun group, don't let them scare you .

(* Just remember, i'm the SHY one, and also the SMART one )

Hey there Wendy-- we now know you are officially "in" with us USA folks-- you wake up with us calling each other insane, and don't blink an eye .

There ARE a few oddballs in this bunch, wouldnt you say ?

Tami-welcome ! Beautiful baby-ghan. The color is very pretty . May I ask about your names below your signature ? What hero are you ? Batman, the Lone Ranger ... ?

I think i am most like the Incredible Hulk .

Cara- I like your lesson you learned today. But could never follow it myself .

I TALK, THEN think .

Not always a good combination.

But no one has killed me yet, so I think I'll keep it up .

Tami- we are glad you found us here. Sorry you lost all your friends when you divorced . I haven't been divorced, but have a son who is, and I am finding out firsthand that it really does destroy and change a lot of things. Hard to rebuild after that, but you hit THE MOTHERLOAD of FRIENDS in here.

This gang will be your friends forever .

Shelly-- now, you didnt include ME in the list of people who need a stick shaken at them, did you ?I am the most mild-mannered one of the bunch .

Karen- good for you for learning something new... the only problem is ,if you USE that information, we will see less of you.... :(

Carol- I can picture you wearing sunglasses to crochet . Your hubster sounds like mine, always a smart remark waiting to slip out.

I don't know what happened to Sam, he used to be such a mild-mannered and well-behaved man, but he can really fire one out once in awhile now .

:think

When I had my Brain scan, I asked the ladies how much it'd cost -- they said about 700 bucks, because they couldnt complete it, due to being unable to get the IV in. ( I have invisible veins I think ).

Anyhow, when the bill comes, it is 1200 bucks.

I asked Sam why they charged so much, and he said " Because your brain is so little they had to look for it and it took lots of extra time . "

He thinks he's funny, but he's not. He needs a good smacking .

No Spaghettios THAT night .

Wendy- sorry, you must have missed this one-- we just come in and post anything new we learn each day. I always say if you go through a day without learning anything ,it was wasted .

WDILT ?

So, I am behind by a day, but yesterday I learned that Cam loses patience with 100-piece puzzles and that they are still a little too hard for him .

I also learned they are equally as hard for me. I couldnt do the danged thing either . :lol

Cara- I like your lesson you learned today. But could never follow it myself .

I TALK, THEN think .

Not always a good combination.

But no one has killed me yet, so I think I'll keep it up .

Yeah, well, didn't say it actually changed anything. I still stepped in it about 4 times yesterday :lol :lol :lol Thank goodness most people know I don't always means things the way they come out :blush

WDILT ?

So, I am behind by a day, but yesterday I learned that Cam loses patience with 100-piece puzzles and that they are still a little too hard for him .

I also learned they are equally as hard for me. I couldnt do the danged thing either . :lol

:rofl :rofl

WDILT - today or yesterday whenever, I learned that WDILT stands for What did I learn today and here I am thinking it meant Why do I like talking.

Now how could you have thought it meant that with this nice quiet and reserved group? :lol :lol

Cara howdy doody.

WDILT I learned today that the ladies in this group are nice, quiet and reserved but then I also learned not to believe everything you hear. I mean I can hear you all typing a mile away.:lol:lol:lol

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Welcome, Pam-- that afghan pattern is beautiful. Have you been working on it awhile or just starting ?

This is a fun group, don't let them scare you .

Well, I've been working on it since Christmas, as I got the kit as a present (I'm spoiled-I also got 5 other kits :D). I'd say I'm about a quarter of the way through. It's a nice project, in that it's complicated enough to be interesting, but easy enough to do in front of the TV at night.

some of them need sticks sheken at them .. they get very naughty sometimes...

Shake, shake, shake... shake your booooty..... shake!shake!shake!

shake!shake!shake!... shake your booty.... shake your booooooty....

WDILT? If your grandbaby wants you to feed him dinner at the China King on Monday, on Tuesday he will have strep throat and by Tuesday night yours will be hurting, too.

Oh my... I HATE a sore throat! Lemon tea, honey, maybe even some peppermints to suck on... get well soon, all of you!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

KEEP DREAMIN, SISTA!

Carol- I can picture you wearing sunglasses to crochet . Your hubster sounds like mine, always a smart remark waiting to slip out.

I don't know what happened to Sam, he used to be such a mild-mannered and well-behaved man, but he can really fire one out once in awhile now .

:think

When I had my Brain scan, I asked the ladies how much it'd cost -- they said about 700 bucks, because they couldnt complete it, due to being unable to get the IV in. ( I have invisible veins I think ).

Anyhow, when the bill comes, it is 1200 bucks.

I asked Sam why they charged so much, and he said " Because your brain is so little they had to look for it and it took lots of extra time . "

He thinks he's funny, but he's not. He needs a good smacking .

No Spaghettios THAT night .

Same with mine, I remember he was so super nice, there were times I had to encourage him to stick up for himself because people took advantage of him....Now I have to remind him to back up a little, because he gets a little aggresive...I don't know if it was all those years "packing" or the O2 he is on...:lol:lol

Same with mine, I remember he was so super nice, there were times I had to encourage him to stick up for himself because people took advantage of him....Now I have to remind him to back up a little, because he gets a little aggresive...I don't know if it was all those years "packing" or the O2 he is on...:lol:lol

:lol :lol

Thank you Mel, it was funny and frustrating at the same time, I didn't know whether to cry or laugh, but I did wind up laughing...:hook

Working on my Kitchen Rug (:yay a ME project), I think it was Mel's rug that inspired me to do it. I really don't like the feel of rug yarn, but I have been putting it off for too long. It will be squares of celery green and cream making a checked pattern in the center, and strips to make a border of brown. I am writing it all down this time, so maybe, just maybe, I can put it in the original patterns section. This is my first try at this, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

WDILT? Don't try to make chicken stew in a crock pot without putting the stoneware pot in the metal holder first. I was half asleep :yawn (excuses, excuses) wearing the sunglasses, and started putting ingredients in it. Then noticed a puddle forming on the top of the stove (yes I stand the crockpot on the stove since I do not have enough counter room for it). Went to the sink to grab the sponge & saw the stoneware in the dishdrain, looked back at the stove and nearly fainted, lol. One hour later, after cleaning up the mess, and starting dinner again (the right way), I sat down stunned at what I had done. :rolleyes:embar

I feel like Gracie in the Burns and Allen show. Every day is a new adventure. I used to tell the kids "put your brains in gear before you put your mouth in motion". I have to change that for me "put my brain in gear before I put myself in motion" :rofl

Thank you Mel, it was funny and frustrating at the same time, I didn't know whether to cry or laugh, but I did wind up laughing...:hook

Working on my Kitchen Rug (:yay a ME project), I think it was Mel's rug that inspired me to do it. I really don't like the feel of rug yarn, but I have been putting it off for too long. It will be squares of celery green and cream making a checked pattern in the center, and strips to make a border of brown. I am writing it all down this time, so maybe, just maybe, I can put it in the original patterns section. This is my first try at this, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

WDILT? Don't try to make chicken stew in a crock pot without putting the stoneware pot in the metal holder first. I was half asleep :yawn (excuses, excuses) wearing the sunglasses, and started putting ingredients in it. Then noticed a puddle forming on the top of the stove (yes I stand the crockpot on the stove since I do not have enough counter room for it). Went to the sink to grab the sponge & saw the stoneware in the dishdrain, looked back at the stove and nearly fainted, lol. One hour later, after cleaning up the mess, and starting dinner again (the right way), I sat down stunned at what I had done. :rolleyes:embar

I feel like Gracie in the Burns and Allen show. Every day is a new adventure. I used to tell the kids "put your brains in gear before you put your mouth in motion". I have to change that for me "put my brain in gear before I put myself in motion" :rofl

Been there, done that :rolleyes

I was making beef stew and did the same thing. I even had the crock pot on the stove like you since at the time I had very little counter space.

Every day is a new adventure. I used to tell the kids "put your brains in gear before you put your mouth in motion". I have to change that for me "put my brain in gear before I put myself in motion" :rofl
I have to do the same thing....on both accounts you mentioned :lashes

:rofl :rofl :rofl Oh I know it's not funny but really it is just too funny!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

(btw I put the crockpot on the stove too because I have a flat top one and it just seems safer up there)

:rofl :rofl :rofl Oh I know it's not funny but really it is just too funny!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

(btw I put the crockpot on the stove too because I have a flat top one and it just seems safer up there)

I'll admit it now that you have posted.....I laughed when I read it. I know it is not funny since it happened to me and I know how upset I was, but dang, I just couldn't help laughing.

Sorry Carol, I didn't mean to laugh...I really didn't.

I laughed at this one too. I've never done this but I've come close twice. Both times I caught myself just in time.

WDILT?

That there are all kinds of neat houdini-things for working on trucks. Reminded me of the "Easter Eggs" programmers put in computer games. Hunky Buns was telling me that if you take and jump a wire from this one spot to another, the computer will make the lights blink one way if your motor is running rich and another way if it's running lean. He had to show me it in the book, THEN show me it on my truck for me to believe it. I wanna know the engineer that decided to include THAT ONE when building the trucks!

Archived