Color help!!!!!

I am making a personalized baby afghan and found a beautiful peach WW to use as the main color. My question is what color would be a good accent color to do the name and the trim in. Right now I am thinking white. I would appreciate any help you great ladies and guys can give me. Thanks so much. :hook

Here is a picture of the afghan pattern I am going to use. http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m190/crazycrochet/?action=view&current=2007_1001crochetitems0034.jpg

I think a nice, creamy light yellow would look nice, depending on the shade of peach.

On the color wheel, yellow and peach are next to each other (in the pastels), and they look nice together.

I made a ghan using peach and teal. it came out GORGEOUS but maybe not quite appropriate for a baby ghan. I actually like RH soft white. It's lighter than cream but it's not glaring white and it should go really well with the peach.

That's crochetkim's personalized baby afghan pattern, right? You can read about my own struggle to pick the right color for the trim here. I used a dusty rose color for the main color, and had a heck of a time getting the right color for the edging and the letters because none of the colors in the same yarn worked.

I am inclined to say white also, but it really depends on the shade of peach you have. You really have to put the colors side by side to see how you like the contrast. In my case, white (at least Caron SS's white) would have been too stark, and the "cream" color in that brand of yarn wasn't the right shade, either.

I would take the peach, and physically compare different colors of the same yarn in the store (mixing different yarns is an option, but it's best if you can use the same yarn because of the weight, etc.). Also, remember that the lighting in the store will affect how they look. Good luck!

An off white or light mintyish green would be beautiful depending on the shade of peach.

Definitely take some of the peach to the yarn store to hold up to your options to see what is best.

In Caron Simply soft I've put the sage green with the peach and they looked good together, but that is a fairly strong peach color which makes the difference.

White is a nice neutral choice as a 'contrast'. If it's an 'orange' peach then blue is across on the color wheel and would be the compliment, if it's more pink, then green is the compliment. Therefore, I'd suggest either white or a mint, slightly on the blue side.

Thank you for all your great ideas. I started the name in white and after the second row realized that the white was not enough contrast for the peach. I had a brand new skein of mint green WW in my stash and tried that and it looks much better. I am going with the mint green. Again thank you all. :hook

I know you already picked your color!! Buuuuuut I had to put my 2cents in!!:lol I was thinking of a minty green also!! Can't wait to see the finished blanket!!:hook

Archived