bonnet set for Ava

NanaM3

07oct16011.jpgI wanted to show you this set I just finished for my grand-niece due to be born any moment now. She will be my late brother's granddaughter and so I went to our grandmother's patterns and found this. Although the bonnet's laying flat the back is a circle that is to be starhed flat and the sides (the lace portion) will come alongside the face...it's a wonderful old-fashioned/traditional Christening bonnet style. I made it large enough so that they'll have the option to use it for Easter.

I used #10 thread and a 6 steel hook.

Funny, I have a friend on another forum who was being induced today, and her baby girl's name will be Ava! What a beautiful set!

your friend doesn't live on Staten Island does she?????

How Beautiful! My little grand neice just arrived last week. Is this pattern from an old magazine or book that I might be able to find? Todays Annies Attic pattern is a lovely christening set. but I like this bonnet much better.

Angie

How Beautiful! My little grand neice just arrived last week. Is this pattern from an old magazine or book that I might be able to find? Todays Annies Attic pattern is a lovely christening set. but I like this bonnet much better.

Angie

It is from an old pattern book but it's not old enough (1930s) to yet permit copying ... drats, cause I'd love to share it! If I remember it's from The American Thread Company magazine.

Archived