Embellish It I cord maker

deneen

I went out to AC Moore today and bought one with my 40% off coupon. I want to felt more bags, but hate the redundancy of using the knitting knobby to do the handles. I'm excited about this purchase!!!!

I used a 40% off coupon at Joanns the other day and bought an Embelish It tool too! :cry

I was able to use the yarn that came with it to make the cord, but I have tried other sport weight and fingering weight yarn and I can't get it to work.

The yarn may start out making the cord but then it doesn't drop down and gets all tangled around the top part. A real pain to get all the yarn off. :bang

I think I am following the directions correctly, and using the clip to weight it down.

Anybody got ideas to help me. :bang

Barbara

was in walmart today - they didnt have any- have to go tomichaels tomorrow- so I will take a look then ,........if not I will just have to go to joannes next week!!!

Michelle- did you getyours yet ??- how does it work???- tell all!!LOL

Fiona

I've gotten so fast with my knitting noddy that I can't see spending the money on a fancy one.

For anyone who's interested, I found that I can use just three pegs of a four peg noddy to make a less bulky cord. It's also nice for very fine yarns. One advantage of using three pegs is that you can work without turning it, which makes it faster.

• 1 month later...

I found it online at Joann.com it is $16.99 plus shipping. However if you enter the promo code MAYH540 through May 11th, you can get the 40% off.

Also found this note with it, regarding the cord not forming properly. "I can completely understand how some people may not ever figure it out. The final step in getting the stitches to form does not include that you have to make an additional turn using the first and third hooks before continuing with all four hooks. If you do not make that extra turn, the yarn will just wrap around the top of the spool instead of forming a cord and falling through the center."

Archived