Lower price for RHSS

shelly_bean

I was at wal-mart and they lowered the price of the RHSS to 1.98 :clap i was all over that section. lol and it looks like ( at least at mine) they added a lot more to the selection rather than the same tired colors. yippee!!

I've been to three out of the four Wal-marts within a 9 mile radius from my home and all have RHSS at $1.98. They even have had colors that neither AC Moore or Michaels had, though they eventually get them after Wal-mart. My AC Moore has them for $2.39, Michaels has them for $2.49.

From what I was told by one of the girls who works in the craft dept at the one I frequent the most, they will be continuing to carry RHSS.

LI Roe

It's a relief to my budget that they've lowered the price to under $2, but it has me curious. They're still stocking the yarn (and I know they are, since I bought all the Cherry Chip they had, and found 3 more skeins restocked about a week later), and they don't seem to have any intentions of getting rid of it. But why the considerable price cut, I wonder? What's the aim in this? :think

It's a relief to my budget that they've lowered the price to under $2, but it has me curious. They're still stocking the yarn (and I know they are, since I bought all the Cherry Chip they had, and found 3 more skeins restocked about a week later), and they don't seem to have any intentions of getting rid of it. But why the considerable price cut, I wonder? What's the aim in this? :think

Why question, just accept:lol . Maybe with the rumors going around and the fact that most have got rid of the yarn, they have more stock and they the stores that are going to continue carrying it, they want to make sure they continue to sell it. I don't know. They roll back prices a lot, and sometimes they roll them back up (I know they do that to my diet coke often). So for now I just accept it and buy the yarn.:lol Plus with Christmas righ around the corner, it helps a lot! And I want to make a home warming afghan for a friend (well they're planning to buy one soon) so I want to make an afghan for them too. Works perfect. They get my money and I get the yarn:hook

Debbi

Oh, no! Don't get me wrong. I'm very happy it's gone down in price, though I do have to wonder how long it'll be $1.98. But I'm just very suspicious of Walmart, so I can't help but wonder. :blush

I don't know how long for $1.98. But I'm not compaliang to getting suspecious yet. If it goes up to $3 then I'll get suspeicous:lol

I get suspecious of some things too... Like the $1 fries always seem to be burnt or bad or left over ends, why not the ones I get in combos? same place... hmm :think just because I choose to spend less they shouldn't be less quality...

Debbi

Well, I'm going to stop back in Walmart too then.

I also want to check on something else odd that happened to me with their yarn. Weeks ago I bought Camo ww yarn even though they didn't all match in dye lot numbers because I have a sister who loves it.

A few days ago, I saw they had more, so I bought 8 more skeins. These all matched in dye lot numbers, and they matched 4 of the previous batch I bought weeks ago. Weeks ago!!! Since when does this happen? Never, ever. Is Walmart just doling out the Camo in little batches, then saying they are out, then putting out a few more? Sigh. I don't know.

But I do know if I tried to match a skein, what are the chances? Usually next to zero. Go figure.

Real Deal

Well, I'm going to stop back in Walmart too then.

I also want to check on something else odd that happened to me with their yarn. Weeks ago I bought Camo ww yarn even though they didn't all match in dye lot numbers because I have a sister who loves it.

A few days ago, I saw they had more, so I bought 8 more skeins. These all matched in dye lot numbers, and they matched 4 of the previous batch I bought weeks ago. Weeks ago!!! Since when does this happen? Never, ever. Is Walmart just doling out the Camo in little batches, then saying they are out, then putting out a few more? Sigh. I don't know.

But I do know if I tried to match a skein, what are the chances? Usually next to zero. Go figure.

Real Deal

I thought RHSS was no dye lot?? :thinking I know I never notice dye lots on those skeins maybe that is just me.

I thought RHSS was no dye lot?? :thinking I know I never notice dye lots on those skeins maybe that is just me.

RHSS is marked No Dye Lot, but don't believe it. I just bought 2 skeins of pink (they don't match) and 2 skeins of zebra (they don't match).

I normally check and match the code on the label, but since I found these on clearance and since they won't be right next to each other, it didn't matter.

If I need multiple skeins of the same color and they will be used right next to each other, I always match the code numbers.

I just got back from the Puyallup Wal-mart and they had lots of yarn....both sides of the aisle. RHSS was $1.98. I bought 3 skeins of Zebra. They also had a really pretty periwinkle color by Bernat, Softee Chunky. No color listed, just the number. I bought 10. That brand has gone up from $1.67 to $1.87. They are also still in my daughters trunk because hubby was still up when I got back. :blush I was in the Spanaway and South Hill Wal-marts today and neither one had very much yarn...half a row. It's so weird that there are 5 Wal-marts within 25 minutes of my house. That means tomorrow I have 2 more to check out. :cheer

I remember when the $1.98 was for EIGHT ounces.

:lol LOL. I remember that.

I noticed my Pink Camo has a dye lot number on it. I was surprised. So maye some do now... Usually I check the code numbers but I was excited to see Pink Camo and it's verigated and RH so I didn't look. now that I'm just making a shawl for me, I'm not worried if it doesn't match, no I didn't check.

Debbi

Yes, that what I was saying on my post of Oct 3rd, is that the Camo yarn does have dye lot numbers, so be sure and check for them. All of the camo I bought looks close enough except one skein. This one skein is really dark and I actually like it better than the others. I'll watch for more of it.

Real Deal

Our walmart has had the price cut fo a few weeks. I wanted the cherry chip, but decided on a jumbo skein of dark brown and 4 skeins of lipstick. AND.... I just picked up 6 skeins of lionbrand micro spun for 12 bucks. Always wanted to try it, but couldn't justify the cost...I have to chuckle when I read posts about hiding yarn from husbands...I just strut right into the house and plop it under his nose...the 5 minute whining is worth the hours of crochet happiness.:D

Well, I did go back to Walmart to see if they put the Super Savers on sale. I do get the fliers and there are never yarn sales listed. So, yes, they did drop the price to $1.98, to my surprise.

Also, to my surprise, they had stocked a lot of new colors. I picked up some cornmeal, carrot, and dark orchid which they have never carried. Some teal and medium blue which they haven't had for months. My sister picked up some new colors.

They put a lot of Christmas colors up, but no one seems to be buying yet. Interesting.

Real Deal

Mine didn't have hardly anything last week! I think they were selling out at $1.98.

I noticed the Fall had dye lot color too. I checked my orange and white at home that I bought about a month ago, and no dye lot. Maybe it's just the verigated/multi-color yarn?

So I'll wait until payday this friday to see if they've stocked up.;)

Debbi

The red heart soilds no dye lot. The multi/verigated have dye lot. My walmart has been revamping there craft area too. The is no more cross stich thread, but they still have the kits. They are getting rid of most of the fun fur and and that kind of yarn, but they seen to be getting more of a color selection in the red heart. They had the pink camo, cherry chip, zebra and a lot of the new multi colors that they have come out with recently. Of course I had to buy some.:devil The price is down to 1.98 but here that was only a $0.20 drop. As far as my husband goes, he is very relaxed. Yesterday I kept him (and the kids) off of the computer because I was watching an e-bay auction. There goes the pattern aquiring syndrome again. But hey I got the Teddy Bear Bassinet Purse pattern from Annie's Attic:yay and a few more as an added bonus.

Gina

When did you all start noticing the prices being lowered at your locak Wal-Marts? I ask because about 3 months or so ago, mine went up! It went up from the $2.17 to... I can't remember now... $2.23, I think!

I'm way jealous... unless mine is getting ready to come down, too!

I wasted my Friday lunch break going to WM to get in on the $1.98 RHSS. I was looking for a couple of purples to put in an afghan together with Soft White. I had checked my stash and found partial skeins of lavender, dark plum, and lilac, but they didn't look good together. WM had only one purple, not very pretty. (Also, I overheard conversation at the fabric cutting table that they are going to eliminate fabric from that store soon.) Saturday, I also visited Catan's and JoAnn. Limited colors in RHSS and couldn't find even 2 purples that looked good together. Michael's started a RHSS sale Sunday, so I went there, too. You know how it is when you want to start a project NOW...:devil I wandered up and down the yarn aisles and ended up with just lavender. Sigh...

LadyintheMoon ~ The Walmart closest to me just started the $1.98 "sale". They were $2.15 or $2.18, around there, a couple weeks ago.

Redheart ~ Yeah. I noticed the purples are all odd. I couldn't find any normal purple shades either. There were shades of purples I might use in small amounts, but nothing I really liked.

Real Deal

Archived