Pink BC Awareness Seraphina!

shuttlebuggy

Just wanted to show you all the second of the 3 Seraphina's that will be at our Angels of Hope Team Raffle in our :cheer October Relay for Life :pink:rose ~ hope you like it!

It's colors are for the upcoming month of October - which is BC Awareness Month!

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/shuttlebuggy/P0002980.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/shuttlebuggy/P0002979.jpg

JoAnn's Sensations Rainbow Boucle ~ others here have made this pattern with it and recommended it - as it only takes one skein (they are large!) to do a whole shawl. And it costs only 5.99 on sale, plus it "self stripes" :)

This link appeared in several of the earlier posts regarding this shawl pattern - the designer of it just wishes the pattern and the shawls not be sold but done for personal or charitable causes :)

http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/donisfuff/croshawl.html

Not too bad - but I know some have had trouble and have to frog a couple times - but I think the key is that the pictures in the pattern are numbered and you have to make sure that the row number matches the picture you are looking at.

If you have followed doily patterns - the increases and repeats are similar to those.

Also several have written tips to their success with the following of the pattern in old posts here.:)

That is a gorgeous shawl! I wish the pics were a little bigger, but I can see good enough to see how lovely it is. This is one of my WIMs forever now.

BTW, did you use only one color of the Rainbow Boucle that turned out like this or more? I've never tried that yarn yet, but it's been recommended by so many people that I've just gotta some day & that would be a perfect pattern for it.

BTW, did you use only one color of the Rainbow Boucle that turned out like this or more? I've never tried that yarn yet, but it's been recommended by so many people that I've just gotta some day & that would be a perfect pattern for it.

I don't believe the colors have names - just numbers. If you go to JoAnn online you only see one or two of the colors - you really have to go into a JoAnn Fabric and Crafts store to see more. Now - that is IF they have it - and sometimes the pickin's are slim to none- it depends where you are located.

We have one that hardly restocks it and another that comes in skein by skein. Yet out in Ohio where dd goes to college they have every color of the rainbow!!! Go figure - but the sad part is that online in the comments under the yarn on their website everyone is calling for them not to discontinue the "Sensations" line of yarn which is JoAnn's own brand. I asked a manager at one of the superstores of JoAnn's and she said that she thinks they are keeping the smaller skein Sensations possibly - but that she knows that it is only a matter of time for the larger skeins will be discontinued.

It's a shame because it is a good value and the results are so pretty. There are 3 types that come in the large skeins where one skein makes an entire shawl - Sensations Rainbow Boucle, Rainbow Classic, and Rainbow Shimmer. The Rainbow Boucle has solids and then the type that I used which is "tonal" in which the color family included in the yarn goes from light to dark and back, making a striped effect without changing yarns.

Archived