i taught a little girl to crochet today

i was sitting in the dentists office waiting for hubby to come out when this adorable little moppet sat down and asked what was i crocheting

i said a purse, she then proceded to tellme her grandma crocheted, we struck up a convo and before i knew it, she was sitting right next to me, watching me crochet, so i asked her if she wanted to learn she said oh yes please. so i sat her down with a plastic hook, i often carry with me for occasions like this and a ball of yarn blue her favorite color too and so i showed her the basics and she was off and running with it, but soon daddy came out and said lets go, then he saw what we were doing and said oh hi, is she bugging you, i said no she isn't bugging me, she is learning to crochet lol so he said well princess give the nice lady the yarn and hook back

and i said would you like to keep them? you would think i handed her solid gold. that cheered me up alot knowing she wanted to learn. the rest of the day sucked but that time frame was nice:hug :hug

:clap Thanks for sharing such a sweet story. It's great that you took the time to give a lifelong gift to a child. Maybe someday she'll when she's more experienced be teaching a child. And that person will teach another...and the yarn ball rolls on for future generations...

Archived