Spring Flower Bracelet - EDITED

jaclim

I promised a few weeks ago to post the pattern for my beaded spring flower bracelet. Sorry I was only able to post it just now as our phone line was dead for 8 days.....:angry:grumpy :headache And I'm on dial-up. Well, here it is finally!

springbracelet.jpg

Spring Flower Bracelet

* Finished length of bracelet is 7" excluding toggle and clasp. For the closure, I used acrylic bead that is 3/4" long and passed the thread through the hole of the bead 2x for strength. You may use lobster clasp or any findings you like instead of the bead.

Materials:

size 10 crochet thread in ecru

size 8 seed beads in 5 colors of your choice

steel hook #6 ( I crochet loosely)

1 clear acrylic bead 3/4" long

Round 1 - String 10 pcs of size 8 seed beads of each color 5 times for a total of 250 seed beads. Remember that the last color strung will be the first one crocheted. Pass thread through the hole of the acrylic bead and tie it once centering the knot. Pass the thread through the hole once again and knot it twice. Make sure it is snug.

Round 2 - Chain 67. Slip stitch into 6th chain from hook to form a loop. Sc 10x into loop to form a ring. (to fit the acrylic bead which will serve as a closure for your bracelet)

Round 3 - Sl st into the next 5 ch previously made. *Ch 7, sl st into base of chain. Make 10 sc's with seed beads into the ring made to form a 'flower'. Sl st into the next 2 chains. Repeat * until you've used up all the seed beads strung. You should have a total of 25 'flowers' for your bracelet. Sl st into the last 5 remaining ch. Tie off. Weave in ends.

This is my second time to write out a pattern. Feel free to ask questions if you don't understand any part of the pattern.:)

Happy crocheting!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are all welcome.....how about posting a pic if anyone makes up this bracelet? Would love to see your creations.....:manyheart

Hmmmm......I think this will be pretty using black thread with silver lined gold and silver beads for a dressier effect. :)

Jackie,

I have been checking every day to see if you had posted the pattern. Thank you. I can't wait to make it. How many seed beads do we need? One or 2 packages of each color? I don't know if I have enough in my stash that coordinate. I hope so, otherwise I have to wait a few weeks before I go to the city. I think I'll make matching ones for myself and my daughter. She loves bracelets.

Thanks again,

Melanie

Hmmmm......I think this will be pretty using black thread with silver lined gold and silver beads for a dressier effect. :)

Who great idea.. I actually have some expensive gold seed beads that I had bought to make a purse for my mom one year, I still have some left over.. shoot those things cost me 45bucks for a hank because they are real gold.. I could make that to match my moms purse for mothers day..

Congrats on the pattern. I love this bracelet. It is so pretty and different from anything else I've seen. Can't wait to make it. I'm just reading the pattern and I'm a little confused. If you tie the acrylic bead to the end of your yarn, how do you then get the small beads strung. I think I'm missing something.

Jackie,

I have been checking every day to see if you had posted the pattern. Thank you. I can't wait to make it. How many seed beads do we need? One or 2 packages of each color? I don't know if I have enough in my stash that coordinate. I hope so, otherwise I have to wait a few weeks before I go to the city. I think I'll make matching ones for myself and my daughter. She loves bracelets.

Thanks again,

Melanie

You're welcome, Melanie! You need 50 pcs of seed beads for each color for the bracelet. I think a 10-gram pack of beads is more than enough to make bracelets for you and your daughter. :hook

Congrats on the pattern. I love this bracelet. It is so pretty and different from anything else I've seen. Can't wait to make it. I'm just reading the pattern and I'm a little confused. If you tie the acrylic bead to the end of your yarn, how do you then get the small beads strung. I think I'm missing something.

:oops You're right! You have to string all the beads first before tying the acrylic bead. Sheeesh.....thanks for pointing that out to me. I'll edit my pattern. :)

Thanks for sharing!!

I just have one question, since I'm not creative like a bunch of you guys here... :blush How long of a string of thread do you need to start the bracelet? :blink

:think Lily

Thanks for sharing!!

I just have one question, since I'm not creative like a bunch of you guys here... :blush How long of a string of thread do you need to start the bracelet? :blink

:think Lily

Just string your beads from the ball, Lily.....don't cut the thread from the ball/skein. It took me about 2 hours to finish 1 bracelet. Believe me, the hardest part of the bracelet was the stringing! :lol

Archived