I'm going to do WHAT?!?!

Pattern is 138 single crochet for 258 rows with off-white yarn????? (Is there a smilie for "brain-dead"?):spin

All so I can get the background done for the cross stitch of the Wish Bear baby afghan I'm doing for my daughter for Christmas.......

Needless to say, I'm going to have to intersperse it with working on other, BRIGHTER projects that actually have challenging patterns.

Also, can anyone give me advice for the cross-stitching, since it will be visible when the afghan is in use, so that the back doesn't look like a psychotic kitten got hold of the yarn?:cat:yarn

Hugs,

I really don't have much advice for how to have a nice looking back. I've done several graph afghans using tunisian crochet. Its always bothered me how the backs look. I was thinking of trying to line my next graph ghan. Maybe with some flannel.

I hate to say it buy that pattern sounds like its going to drive you crazy. That is definitely a project to do while watching tv.

:eek That's 35,604 sc's!! :eek

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap Here's some enthusiasm to get you going.

As for doing the pattern, I agree with going only through the front loops and not all the way to the back, but you'll have to be careful of your tension so they don't pull. Anchor every few stitches.

i agree with only going through the top stitches. which may be a little more difficult than you think. but if worse comes to worse...and don't beat me with a wet noodle for saying this....but you could always line the back so it does not show your mess!

here is an idea..get a lighted hook inthe size you need for the gahn, and crochet in the dark for a challenge. You won't need to look at a pattern and it will help with the monotony. Then you can work on it anywhere anytime. Hopefully this helps. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. Maybe this is an idea for a Crochet along to get you through.

You can do it we will be your cheerleaders:cheer :cheer Go Kitten, Go Kitten:cheer :cheer

Also when you cross stitch you can keep the back looking ok, but makeing sure to change threads when you need to and just keep an eye on makeing it look nice....hard but dueable:yay :yay

Pattern is 138 single crochet for 258 rows with off-white yarn????? (Is there a smilie for "brain-dead"?):spin

All so I can get the background done for the cross stitch of the Wish Bear baby afghan I'm doing for my daughter for Christmas.......

Needless to say, I'm going to have to intersperse it with working on other, BRIGHTER projects that actually have challenging patterns.

Also, can anyone give me advice for the cross-stitching, since it will be visible when the afghan is in use, so that the back doesn't look like a psychotic kitten got hold of the yarn?:cat:yarn

Hugs,

Why don't you just use the cross stitch chart as a graph and do the afghan like a graph-ghan? It would be more challenging and you won't have all the boredom that comes along with making the off-white afghan in the first place.

Elle

I did one of the Disney character afghans a few years ago. It was white worked in sc. I can' t remember the number of rows or stitches across. TALK ABOUT BRAIN DEAD!!!!!:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

Piglet was cross stitched on it when completed. It turned out beautifully on the front. The back left a lot to be desired.

I put some flannel on the back and tied it w/white yarn like an old fashioned tied quilt. It came out great.

There are other character afghans in the booklet. I think if I do another one I am going to work it like a graph in sc and not having to cross stitch afterward.

Good Luck with your project:hug

Sheryl

...Not to be difficult but being a crocheter does not automatically make you a good embroiderer. They are different skills.

It is possible to do a clean back if you are thinking about the back while you do the front. It takes a lot more time and more thread as you have to stop and start rather than carrying thread.

Oh, yeah.. and I think it helps tremendously if you are OCD. See... everything has a good side :wlol

Archived