What are the other things you do while crocheting?

This goes to the multi-tasker and the addicted. :cheer

In my case, I can surf the net, read blogs and forums (like this one,) or even in the bathroom doing my hrmp business. :D

Once you hold the hook you'll never want to put it down, right? So what's your story? :think

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

watch a lot of tv, surf the net, or watch movies or tv shows on the net ( well for now since my tv is out.. grumble) i tried reading, but the book kept snapping closed. I try not to do anything like talk on the phone especially if i have to count, then i become the mumbler..

I do about all the same things you all do, but I would rather chat. If I had someone to talk to while crocheting that is the best. I'm just social!

watch a lot of tv, surf the net, or watch movies or tv shows on the net ( well for now since my tv is out.. grumble) i tried reading, but the book kept snapping closed. I try not to do anything like talk on the phone especially if i have to count, then i become the mumbler..

A mumbler indeed. I don't know but I tend to talk to myself or even to what I am crocheting especially if I'm recalling the design I did in my head. I lost interest in the television since I started crocheting again but I like listening to music while doing so and I hate to talk to people because I tend to forget my count.

If you like to do it while reading, I read somewhere about a pillow book case/holder, it's for sale online I just forgot where I saw it, bummer. I want my reading time to be just focused into reading. It's a sort of break from crocheting. :hook

I watch tv and crochet at the same time...it makes me feel like less of a couch potato! I rent season boxed sets of tv shows I like and watch the episodes back-to-back so I can put in some good crochet time. :)

I'm the same as Jaqueta - boxed set TV series are the way to go. I've just finished watching Quantum leap series 2 while crocheting a whole batch of Ladybirds (from Kirstie's pattern). I find crochet too distracting to do while trying to read - so TV and films are the way to go :-)

I' m with all you about the watching movies and tv while crocheting . I have add so I have to crochet while sitting around or I would go crazy.

I also work in a call center, so I am allowed to crochet all day at work. I told them that if they didn't let me, I would drive them crazy lol!!

I can watch TV and crochet, talk on the phone and crochet, and even attend a hockey game, and crochet and still know what is going on at the game. I usually have my crochet bag with me all the time, a doctors office is a great place to crochet. I haven't tried to crochet and surf the net yet.:hook

I watch TV and crochet at the same time. So glad that the NFL regular season begins tonight. I love watching football and crocheting.

For most people...seven games on TV this weekend...one tonight, three on Sunday afternoon, one on Sunday night and two on Monday. However, I'll be at one of the Monday Night games (Baltimore at Cincinnati). I can watch the game on TV and crochet. However it's a lot different being there. I'll be on my feet for most of the game, and I can't crochet while standing.

For those who can surf the net and crochet, how do y'all do it? I need at least one of my hands to constantly click on the mouse...and I need both hands to type.

Have crochet will travel....I crochet everywhere doing almost everything. In the car, at the bar, at work if I can, while watching tv....I think my hook is glued to my hand. Now if I could figure out how to clean my house while crocheting, I would have it made!

I'm with LadyBeBop. How do you surf the net and crochet?

I sit and listen to the TV or the kids. I still have to watch what I'm working on or I miss stitches.

I like to watch soccer but most of the games are on Galavision in Spanish. My wife asked me why I didn't just turn the volume off since I don't know understand much of what they're saying. I told her I've watched enough of it that I can kind of tell when I need to look up and see what's going on. I need to look up every now and then or I start to cross-eyed or bug-eyed or something.

I haven't taken the leap and taken my crocheting to one of my sons' soccer games yet. I think they'd disown me. Dad's just shouldn't do that!

I usually watch tv or surf the net while I'm crocheting. When I was in college, I used to crochet while studying, but not very often. It seems like that would be a distraction, but I did fine.

I usually watch TV (most often DVD sets or movies), talk on the phone or talk with hubby. I can't read and crochet at the same time nor can I use the computer (although I did try and kept having to put my hook down to move the mouse if I could figure out how to do that I might have another place to crochet :lol ). I also have a long road trip to a conference coming up and plan to take some yarn with me for that - I'll have to decide just what to take though :think

I usually have a "hook" project to work on when I watch any kind of sports on TV or at the field/stadium or field house. Gets a bit tricky when everyone around you is jumping up and down. I also take crochet projects on any car trip. My favorite spot is in my porch swing where I can watch the birds at the many feeders and water baths in the front yard while I stitch away.

I tend to crochet most when watching TV or a movie that I have seen before. As long as it is something that I don't need to pay close attention to, I can crochet and watch. Also, since I play World of Warcraft online and other various video games, I tend to crochet during periods where I'd normally just be staring at the screen waiting till I can play again. Heck, I finished most of a scarf while I was playing a computer video game. also, I'll crochet and talk to people although I am one to give a pause sign to a conversation if I have to do some counting to make sure something is correct number wise. My fiancee has gotten quite use to conversation this way. Maybe that's why i like simplier projects better with minimal counting. So I can keep track of conversation and everything else I do while i crochet!

Also, I love taking it along for plane rides but not car. Me and crocheting in a moving car just leads to me getting a bit motion sick!

I tend to crochet most when watching TV or a movie that I have seen before. As long as it is something that I don't need to pay close attention to, I can crochet and watch. Also, since I play World of Warcraft online and other various video games, I tend to crochet during periods where I'd normally just be staring at the screen waiting till I can play again. Heck, I finished most of a scarf while I was playing a computer video game. also, I'll crochet and talk to people although I am one to give a pause sign to a conversation if I have to do some counting to make sure something is correct number wise. My fiancee has gotten quite use to conversation this way. Maybe that's why i like simplier projects better with minimal counting. So I can keep track of conversation and everything else I do while i crochet!

Also, I love taking it along for plane rides but not car. Me and crocheting in a moving car just leads to me getting a bit motion sick!

Haha, I get yelled at for crocheting while playing world of warcraft!!!!

My fiancee is totally ok with the idea when we play together. In fact, when I mentioned the idea to him, he started going on about all the things I could make and then HE could use during that process. Needless to say, he loves the fact I game and the fact I can make him blankets AND game is just perfect for him. :lol

Wow, you guys can truly multi-task. I am impressed!!:yes

Mrs Principal-you are a new mommy and crochet:D truly amazing. It is hard for me to crochet, with my one year old and being a full time teacher. Hats off to you.:cheer

When I get time, I crochet listening to t.v. or husband.--I can't do

anything else since I am such a newbie.

As a new mommy, I learned that I can breast feed and crochet at the same time! Thank god for the boppy pillow! I also listen to my ipod, audio books, watch tv, or talk with my husband.

You're my hero! I'm on baby #3 and I *still* haven't figured out how to breastfeed and do much of anything else at the same time!

Mostly I watch TV...I'm a big fan of the boxed sets, too. Sometimes, though, I just crochet, and if I'm doing that it's because all of the kids are finally asleep and I'm just basking in the joy that is silence at the end of the day. :D

As a new mommy, I learned that I can breast feed and crochet at the same time! Thank god for the boppy pillow! I also listen to my ipod, audio books, watch tv, or talk with my husband.

Hehe... don't know if I could have crocheted while nursing (wasn't crocheting back then) but I managed to use my breastpump while driving! :lol

Archived