Okay, I need help...my mind has patterns in it

I think I need serious mental health. From last weekend to now, I have been bombarded with ideas. I'm crocheting as fast as I can and I have been sketching ideas. WOW! I just can't keep up with the ideas.

I've been playing with fun fur and that hasn't been helping as I've been having way too much fun with it. And on top of this, I have to get back to my afghan that I'm working on (or should I say...I was working on). Every time I turn around, these ideas keep popping in.

Patterns galore...whew! I think I'm exhausted.

I have a new purse, a tote bag, a new plus-sized pattern and a new little girl's outfit all in my sketchbook.

My boys have gone back to school and I'm spending more time crocheting than housework. Poor house!

Well, back to crocheting...I have to try and keep up. Maybe I should make an appointment with a shrink!:lol But then I would have to take my crochet with me....

Okay, I think I'm an addict. Any other addicts out there?

at least while you're keeping ideas and notes in a sketchbook you're able to keep track of those ideas and as time allows work through them :) don't try tackle everything at once

It's interesting that you say that...because I have been unusually feverish about my crocheting lately. This past weekend I did almost NOTHING but CROCHET (I have a very tolerant boyfriend) and I have been getting ideas for patterns left and right- even at work, I've been sketching things on any available piece of paper. I wonder if it's related to the change in seasons/weather?

I did that when the Harry Potter CAL started. I came up with ideas and wrote down a long list. Then a week or so later, another list. Then another list. :lol I actually found a HP journal at a second hand store (unused) so I transfered them there in the back of the book and as I crochet some of the ideas, I put the patterns in the front part (with a table of contents in the front).

It's so much fun.:yes

This is one of the reasons why I love carrying my little notebook with me.

Debbi

My name is Gene and I'm a crochet addict. (All - "Hi, Gene")

If I'm going to be addicted, I can't think of a more fulfilling addiction than crochet.

I started crocheting seriously over 25 years ago to relieve the stress of my job in the computer industry. Now I dream of crochet! It's the best trade I ever made.

It's interesting that you say that...because I have been unusually feverish about my crocheting lately. This past weekend I did almost NOTHING but CROCHET (I have a very tolerant boyfriend) and I have been getting ideas for patterns left and right- even at work, I've been sketching things on any available piece of paper. I wonder if it's related to the change in seasons/weather?

The weather... I hadn't thought about that. :think

Maybe it's the fact, there's only 3 1/2 months to Christmas.:eek

My name is Gene and I'm a crochet addict. (All - "Hi, Gene")

If I'm going to be addicted, I can't think of a more fulfilling addiction than crochet.

I started crocheting seriously over 25 years ago to relieve the stress of my job in the computer industry. Now I dream of crochet! It's the best trade I ever made.

Yep, you picked the right craft!:cheer

Welcome to the club!:lol

Is the something wrong when you think about patterns, yarn, crocheting, hooks, and :c9 ...........................Oh, pardon me I just got carried away by the crochet gods.:devil Anyway, what is so wrong about it? :hook It is a fact of life around this house. :yes

If you are going to be addicted to something, it should be crochet. I get pattern ideas all the time. I dreamed I was crocheting and it was so real. I woke up (around 2 AM) and for a second, thought the afghan would be sitting there, waiting to be finished. I wrote down everything I could remember. I created some really great afghans/toys that way.

Ellie 13

I've been off work for 3 weeks, and have been thoroughly catching up on my crochet, working on CALs, etc. "Crocheting incessantly" is the term my husband uses for it.

It's been really therapeutic, and I'll miss it terribly when I return to work, probably next week sometime, but hopefully I'll be able to find a balance.

Archived