Half Moon Shawl In Thread

oldbaglady

I found this pattern from the Half Moon Shawl CAL, and after trying it using ww yarn, and realizing it would be too warm for me, I wanted to try something different. I made this attempt using a double strand of size 10 thread, and love the way it came out. It is very light, and so lacy!

4.jpg

Full view

Detail2.jpg

I'd love to know what you think!

I absoluely love it -- the laciness, the color, -- everything! I can't tell: Did you use two strands of different colors? What size hook? So nice!

Oops! You caught me! :D For 90% of the shawl, I used two strands of shaded pinks, got to the last row, and realized I did not have enough to finish, so I found a partial thing of French Rose, and used it with a strand of white. It blends in nicely, I think, and it's hard to see where I stopped using the shaded pinks and started using the rose and white threads. I used the size N hook that the pattern called for. It drapes so nicely!

Oops! You caught me! :D For 90% of the shawl, I used two strands of shaded pinks, got to the last row, and realized I did not have enough to finish, so I found a partial thing of French Rose, and used it with a strand of white. It blends in nicely, I think, and it's hard to see where I stopped using the shaded pinks and started using the rose and white threads. I used the size N hook that the pattern called for. It drapes so nicely!

Oh, no! I didn't "catch you"! I didn't even notice that! It just looked like it was either some sort of variegated thread or you put two different colors together. I bought a few balls of Royale Gemini Double Stranded thread, and I was just thinking it would be good for this.

One more question: Do you know how many yards of thread you used?

Thanks.

Carol

Oh, no! I didn't "catch you"! I didn't even notice that! It just looked like it was either some sort of variegated thread or you put two different colors together. I bought a few balls of Royale Gemini Double Stranded thread, and I was just thinking it would be good for this.

One more question: Do you know how many yards of thread you used?

Thanks.

Carol

I used (estimating here) 700 to 800 yards, that's using two strands held together through-out.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I love it too. Very clever. And the shaded thread makes it even more interesting.

Wow, that is so beautiful!! I love the lacey look. It is really inspiring.

Using an N hook with the thread sounds very challenging, not sure I am coordinated enough to try that!! I didn't realize you would have to use such a huge hook to get that kind of open look.

Also your photos really show the shawl beautifully.

Thank you for sharing:cheer :cheer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived