Half Moon Shawl

econ-nerd

Ta Da! My first Half Moon Shawl (from the Half Moon Shawl along - a Lion Brand online pattern) is done :clap I used Red Heart WW and it turned out nicely. I plan to give it to my Mom for Christmas. Here are a couple pictures of the completed shawl: (the bottom of the one with me modeling it was wonky and I didn't realize until I downloaded the pic onto the computer (and hubby isn't able to take another pic now))

(Clickable)

th_DSC06531.jpg

th_DSC06530.jpg

This was really quick and easy to make. I bought some Jiffy (which the pattern actually calls for) and have started to make another one for myself.

Wow, looks great, and the size of it came out great with that yarn too. Which pattern URL did you use?

Thanks :hug The link is on the first page of the Half Moon Shawl along or you can find it on the free pattern page at Lion Brand (the pattern is called Half Moon Shawl)

Ahhh, ok. They have like 3 of the free patterns now now which is why I was curious :lol Thanks I'll check the link on the 'along! Been trying to sort out the differences in all their patterns, in my head. Maybe I just need to join the 'along and do the other *3* now which I didn't do yet. :lol

It looks lovely!! Thank you SO MUCH for making me put another thing on my to do list!! :P

You are most welcome :devil It is actually very quick and easy to make and turns out very nice (I've done one in WW and one is almost finished in Jiffy - which I will post a picture of soon once I buy a bit more yarn to finish it)

Did you still use the N-13 hook or go up in size? I started one in RH WW and it just doesn't seem like it's going to ever end up that big :think

I did use the N (10mm) and it came out a nice size. I did add one more row with the bobbles to the shawl though so it was a drop longer.

Archived